Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Fulham - 25th August - Old Trafford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Replacing Rooney with Kagawa didn't make sense. VDS needs to come back and coach DDG on what to do for crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Dembele
    How nasty is Rooneys injury is it likely to be ligaments as well as what sounds a bad laceration?

Bad laceration. Just need the wound to heal. Who knows how long? I'd imagine he could play without it fully healed with some protection on it. Minimum 3- 4 weeks maybe but that's just guess work on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Commentator on the stream I was watching gave it to Kagawa

They always give it to a player off the winning team even when the best player was on the losing team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Rooney needs stitches and a tetanus shot but he should by next game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Replacing Rooney with Kagawa didn't make sense. VDS needs to come back and coach DDG on what to do for crosses.

His confidence disappeared after the goal,that last ball that went in I thought he should have came for but left Vidic who struggled to clear which ended up with Fulham getting the chance,no doubt he is a top class keeper but still a work in progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Dembele
    Leiva wrote: »
    Explain yourself please ? Especially the hypocrite name calling ?

I commented on something that was easy for everyone to see .

Ah yes the faux innocence. Standard boards.ie soccer forum fare.

Practice what you preach there sonny jim.

Cue massive Fellaini style over ratibg of Dembele's display. He was decent nothing more.

Dembele had a great game as did Fellani the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah yes the faux innocence. Standard boards.ie soccer forum fare.

Practice what you preach there sonny jim.

He made a valid point TBH. The stadium had a few empty seats probably due to the weather more so then anything. No need for the name calling or over reaction to his post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From the looks of the cut he'll miss the next game or so.That'll take time to heal.

• Advertisement

Dembele
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    He made a valid point TBH. The stadium had a few empty seats probably due to the weather more so then anything. No need for the name calling or over reaction to his post.

You're the boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Explain yourself please ? Especially the hypocrite name calling ?

I commented on something that was easy for everyone to see .

It's possibly because what you said was a lie. For the stadium to be half empty it would need to have a crowd nearer to Anfield for example at full capacity! :pac:

It was 75,352.

Hey Rodger, you wouldn't be Fla by any chance? :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dembele
    Stadiums half empty :confused:

I noticed this near the end, but I'd imagine the majority of stadiums would be at the 95th minute. Traffic can be horrendous round Old Trafford and if people were rushing to the airport to get a place home, then they may have to leave at injury time.

It's possibly because what you said was a lie. For the stadium to be half empty it would need to have a crowd nearer to Anfield for example at full capacity! :pac:

It was 75,352.

It was half empty or near-abouts when he posted :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Dembele
    Poll added for MOM,seeing as there's some disagreement :D

• Advertisement

De Gea dodgy again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You're the boss.

Wasnt a warning or anything just my own observation :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jeez this place gets worse every season for being on the defensive.

3-2 up, game on the line and the place is emptying out. Whether it's United or whoever else that's ridiculous. The point was made and doesn't need to be argued against when it's fact.

Dembele
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    1 poor decision,he was grand for the rest of it.

Rooney out for at least 4 weeks according to SSN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Xavi6 wrote: »

3-2 up, game on the line and the place is emptying out. Whether it's United or whoever else that's ridiculous. The point was made and doesn't need to be argued against when it's fact.

Expect nothing more from our new "friend" Mr Sterling .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

zerks wrote: »
    From the looks of the cut he'll miss the next game or so.That'll take time to heal.

Looks a lot worse than that. 4-6 weeks for it I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

De Gea needs to control his box more.

If it's his ball he needs to declare it. That really annoyed me. He's a decent shot stopper but at times he punches and pushes the ball too many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have to question that. Last week he was absolutely immense against Everton.

This week he makes a mistake, along with Vidic, resulting in a goal, but he also makes numerous good saves including one ridiculous double save to keep us ahead.

All keepers make mistakes as I'm sure you know well. De Gea was far more good than bad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good win, but very disappointing second half. Kagawa looks the business.

We can thank De Gea for having us more nervous then we should have been, but at same time he made 2 world class saves.

Dembele
    Rooney out for at least 4 weeks according to SSN.

I can't undrrstand how Fergie would know this so soon.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Poll added for MOM,seeing as there's some disagreement :D

When that closes you might also let us know which way the turkeys ended up voting in that Christmas poll.

Dembele
    Anyway.......3 points get the f**k in,f**k the haters.....f**k the attendance in the last minute of the game.
    It's 3 points and I'm happy out :D
    Beers??
    Yes I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rafael

By the looks of that injury I'd say he'll miss the next couple of weeks at least.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Have to question that. Last week he was absolutely immense against Everton.

This week he makes a mistake, along with Vidic, resulting in a goal, but he also makes numerous good saves including one ridiculous double save to keep us ahead.

All keepers make mistakes as I'm sure you know well. De Gea was far more good than bad today.

Fantastic shot stopper, one of the best in the league but can still be dodgy on high balls etc.

He's flimsy looking I think, could do with bulking up perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Rafael

Well, I imagine he's not making his own assessment, I'm sure he's been told by the doctor or whoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rooney's a football player, he runs about a lot. Having a shít load of stitches in his leg isn't going to help that, he'll have to rest up until the wound is sufficiently healed, the time frame of which can be asserted by just looking at the wound.

Expect nothing more from our new "friend" Mr Sterling .

I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous how much you complain about him. He hates Liverpool and he loves to wind Liverpool fans up, he's admitted that openly... Why don't you just put him on ignore? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Dembele
    Milkers wrote: »
    When that closes you might also let us know which way the turkeys ended up voting in that Christmas poll.
    There's more "neutrals" in the soccer forum than United fans,go round them up or something,there's a good lad.

Dembele
    Fantastic shot stopper, one of the best in the league but can still be dodgy on high balls etc.

He's flimsy looking I think, could do with bulking up perhaps.

They're working on his physique already. You need to be careful not to compromise his natural cat like agility though.

Hey Rodger, you wouldn't be Fla by any chance? :cool:

That's a yes then.

Welcome back :)

Dembele
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous how much you complain about him. He hates Liverpool and he loves to wind Liverpool fans up, he's admitted that openly... Why don't you just put him on ignore? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I never said I love to wind anyone up but otherwise thanks. Its with the mods now so best to say no more.

Confidence in the team; also, places to go, things to do, people to see! ;)

There's more "neutrals" in the soccer forum than United fans,go round them up or something,there's a good lad.

Sampling bias is not a very difficult concept to grasp. Clue: is a neutral fan or a United fan more likely to have watched the United game/vote on a poll in the United match thread? Here I can help you if you like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias

• Advertisement

Dembele
    Milkers wrote: »

Sampling bias is not a very difficult concept to grasp. Clue: is a neutral fan or a United fan more likely to have watched the United game/vote on a poll in the United match thread? Here I can help you if you like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias
    That's why I said go round them up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Rafael
    Cue massive Fellaini style over ratibg of Dembele's display. He was decent nothing more.

He was more than decent today and generally has been since Jol took over at Fulham, most things they do on a good day involve him, the guy gets the praise he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ESPN saying rooney out for 4 weeks

I don't need to put anyone on ignore thanks .

We all know posters of his ilk and they do nothing but bring a very good forum down.

I'm all for rivalry and banter just not window licking derailing wind ups .

Eh? I know you don't need to put him on ignore. But did you know his posts go away if you do?

It's like saying "Argh! I ****ing hate broccoli!" and then cooking broccoli for dinner every night. You think he is bringing the forum down, but there is a way for you to not see his posts... Effectively removing him from the forum.

Alternatively you could just not bite every time. I feel like if someone said "Liverpool suck lol!" you would list reasons why Liverpool do not in fact suck. You can let a few things go man, it's getting tedious reading about how Mr.Sterling is going to do this and that, not only in this thread but in others. My advice would be to bite your lip and wait it out, when do United play Liverpool next? He is defo getting banned then. Sorry Roger, but you are like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Rafael
    nuxxx wrote: »
    ESPN saying rooney out for 4 weeks

This is the alleged quote from SAF

"It's a very bad gash. He's been whisked off to hospital and I think he'll be out for four weeks."

Dembele
    My ears are burning. Ye'd be better off leaving it now. I'd hate to think of my fellow Utd fans getting banned because of ole Roger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Confidence in the team; also, places to go, things to do, people to see! ;)

Set right up for a traffic and London joke.
    My ears are burning. Ye'd be better off leaving it now. I'd hate to think of my fellow Utd fans getting banned because of ole Roger Flah.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That's a yes then.

Welcome back :)

I think you have the wrong re-rog.;)

FYP

I think you're giving him too much credit, Flah could troll right along the line so he wouldn't get banned, Adolf won't last as long as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Dembele

FYP

I know your having bants but there was a study done and there's more utd fans in Manchester than city fans. You can also tell it by walking around and hearing manc accents with utd jerseys

just sayin'

:D Took me a bit to get that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play if you were person who counted all the United and City fans in Manchester and came to conclusion that there is more City. Must have taken ages and few brown envelopes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement