Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Asics Nimbus 13

Options
  • 24-08-2012 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭

Have worn Nimbus 10, 11, 12 and loved them. 8 weeks ago bought a pair of nimbus 13 and never really liked them. Done a 10 mile race a forthnight ago and foot felt crap but just put it down to first 10 mile run and ran a bit quicker than planed. Ran 8 mile this week and instep was agony after it but figured a bit of rest and would be ok for frank duffy tomorrow. Went for a 4 mile light run last night to test injury - instep was sore from mile 2 and got progressively worse. When i got home put on my battered nimbus 12 and ran half a mile - not a bit of pain :eek:

Instep is sore today so have decided to pull out of race tomorrow but now faced with chucking out the nimbus 13 (€120 6 weeks ago) and going for something different.

Is this all in my head or could there be such a difference between the 12 and 13 :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

It's hard to know what to advise Tom. I went from a Nimbus 12 to 13 without an issue. In fact I loved both and especially liked the reduced weight in the 13's.
    However I do believe that you need to love your runners! I have had pairs before which I just didn't like although there was no clear reason why and I ended up discarding them after very little mileage.

Prof Benno Niggs, one of the most eminent academic experts in biomechanics has been quoted as saying:
    "runners are less likely to suffer injuries when they choose running shoes that feel most comfortable"
    Niggs believes that there is a correlation between what an individual finds comfortable and the ability of the shoes to prevent or reduce injuries, and when it comes to buying runners you should buy what feels good.
    Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

wrstan wrote: »
    It's hard to know what to advise Tom. I went from a Nimbus 12 to 13 without an issue. In fact I loved both and especially liked the reduced weight in the 13's.
    However I do believe that you need to love your runners! I have had pairs before which I just didn't like although there was no clear reason why and I ended up discarding them after very little mileage.

Prof Benno Niggs, one of the most eminent academic experts in biomechanics has been quoted as saying:
    "runners are less likely to suffer injuries when they choose running shoes that feel most comfortable"
    Niggs believes that there is a correlation between what an individual finds comfortable and the ability of the shoes to prevent or reduce injuries, and when it comes to buying runners you should buy what feels good.
    Hope that helps!

Got gait anaylsis done today and turns out was in the wrong runners for me plus was wearing a size too big so hopefully will sort out the issue. Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hey Tom, did you change completely from Nimbus? If so what did you move to, and how is the cushioning comparing?

I've used Nimbus, and have just gone from 12 to 14. I love love loved my 12s, but am finding the 14s just a tad harsh underfoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Hey Tom, did you change completely from Nimbus? If so what did you move to, and how is the cushioning comparing?

I've used Nimbus, and have just gone from 12 to 14. I love love loved my 12s, but am finding the 14s just a tad harsh underfoot.

Went and got proper gait analysis done - turns out i overpronate slightly so now wearing Asics GT2170 - have only been out once in them and they feel miles better in terms of cushioning - am being cautious because instep is still a wee bit sore but so far so good..

I too loved the 12s and never had an issue with nimbus - which is why the 13's puzzled me..

Advertisement