Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken twist

Options
  • 24-08-2012 10:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

so.. one of my twists is acting weird

if I press th fire button it doesnt light up but if I screw my RDA into it it just auto fires and wont stop firing

is this fixable? I assume it's just ****ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

so.. one of my twists is acting weird

if I press th fire button it doesnt light up but if I screw my RDA into it it just auto fires and wont stop firing

is this fixable? I assume it's just ****ed

Maybe the wire inside thats connected to the button is touching off the 510 connection ? maybe there's an easy way to take it apart and have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

A long shot, but is the 510 connection clean?? An ego of mine got gunked up before, there were even tiny shards of metal in there from a cheap carto maybe, shorting the battery, so it wouldn't fire. One i cleaned it out, it worked again....

As for taking it apart, the top section is press fitted into the tube (between the switch and the collar threads. It can be wiggled out with a bit of elbow grease. There a few YT vids around on taking it apart....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it appears to have randomly fixed itself....

i Hope the wall isnt too dented know :rolleyes:

well it turns out not to have fixed itself

knocked it and the rda off my desk, caught it in mid air and the rda was burning hot. think it actually singed some skin off my hand, had to cover my hands with my jumpers sleeves to take it off the twist

hope to hell the rda isn't broken.. it's still too hot to touch so I cant open it up to check but I do think I smell melted plastic

it must have been firing for ages without my noticing for it to have gotten this hot

--edit

it did break the rda :/

guess my decision to buy a phoenix rebuildable next week was a good one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Looking forward to seeing how that goes for you. It'll be interesting to see the comparison.

Yeah should have mine tuesday hopefully what rda was it ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Digby had the clockworks one

Oh i see would they not have a warranty in place or would it be classed as disposable ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Oh i see would they not have a warranty in place or would it be classed as disposable ?

It's a very robust unit and costs ca. 40 euro. They're handmade by Clockworks in the UK and he fixes them if they break too. They hold about 15 drops easily. Great piece of kit.

• Advertisement

yeah clockworks will fix it easy enough if I send it back to him, it'll just take a week or two to get back to me with the posting back and forth between here and england.

I blame grindle for all this, if he hadn't bought my second RDA i'd be fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Think i'm after doing the sme kind of thing with my ego-c. Threaded the cone base wrong though and couldnt get it off for ages, pressed the button and it lit up and everything but nothing happened. eventually got it off and tried the other one i had and it worked fine. rethreaded it back onto the other battery and it worked fine. tried it this morning and its iffy. not happy as i'm out of ireland for the next 2 weeks minimum :(

if you're still in dublin you could tip over to e-smokeireland and they could sort you out with something

or whatever country you're in atm will likely have ecig local websites that could deliver to the hotel you're staying at

Ah not too bad so! would've bee depressing if that rda was broke.

Advertisement