Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Agent cheating

Options
  • 24-08-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello , I would like to complaint against, <edit> for cheating and lying to us. We(me,my husband and new born) were searching for apts in end of Apri/May, infact we were in hotel, and we liked the apts posted by <edit> on daft, we met <edit> she showed the apts, when it was almost finalized(thats when I set standing order to pay the rent on <edit> bank account) and we were supposed to get the keys, thats when <edit> told us, we are not getting apts because landlord doesnt want to give to Indians and later she also said, anyways apts got mould landlord covered by new paints and she discouraged for that apartments .

So what options we have? do we need stay in hotel room(pay euros everyday) and fight against racism comments and also <edit> lied about mould initially. Since we have new baby, we would have never seen that apts in first place which has mould. What options we had?

Instead search for another apts? Any sensible people would find another apts, and we informed <edited> bout our searching. I was under lot of stress with searching apts and living in the hotel room with a baby. I forgot to cancel the standing order.

Later <edit> called and said, now landlord is willing to give to Indians to avoid racism law cases, by then it was too late for us, we found another. <edit> is aware of this too.

Here is the problem, since I was stressed and forgot to cancel the standing order, and end up paying rent for 3months to <edit> for free, and <edit> never informed, she kept quite as she was getting euros for FREE any honest person would never do that especially for 3momnths on someone else hard earned money, When I realized about my bank account, and asked <edit> last 4-5week ago, after long wait and repeated calls, she comes back yesterday and returned only partial amount, now she says she is charging for deposit amount, and also 10days? we have no clue. There is no contract, she never gave the keys and infact, no document signed.

What options we have now? File a case with courts.ie as small clients, and also we went through lot of stress for her cheating case, it never happened before, so we have no experience in dealing with it. Please share your thought or any legal advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Boards.ie is not a platform for you to defame someone. Legal advice is also banned.

If you want to discuss your issues, without naming people or companies, then do so in the accommodation forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DesiIrish

Can I seek information, what I can do at this point? what options I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Go see a solicitor, they will tell you if you would get any satisfaction from the small claims court. Maybe a letter from a solicitor would be enough to scare her into giving the money back.

Good luck with your apartment and Baby :)

Advertisement