Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[September 16] Dublin University Rifle Club 50m September Open

• 24-08-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Dublin University Rifle Club would like to invite you to our 50m smallbore prone Open at East Coast Shooting Club on Sunday 16th September.

The match will be shot using the "3 card system" with a total of 60 competition shots.

Each card will be shot on a 25 minute detail with 3 details (3 cards) to be shot by each shooter.

The first detail will begin at 10am with the final 25 minute detail starting at 2 pm.

The details will be unsquadded and pre-booking is not necessary. Times of details will be given on a first come first served basis.

Overall prizes and class prizes will be awarded.

Entry is €15 and includes a DURC Golden Jubilee patch and sticker.

We look forward to seeing you there and would appreciate it if you could pass this message onto anyone in your club who may like to compete.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

A couple of us hope to get down to support this!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DU Rifle Club

Just a quick update.

We've decided to reduce the entry cost to €12 to encourage even more people to come.

There will also be a team of 3 competition. The best 3 results from each club will be used so theres no need to register a team. If however you would like to pick your own team please contact rifle@tcd.ie before the 15th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DU Rifle Club

A big thanks to everyone who came to the competition yesterday. It was a great success. A special thanks to East Coast Shooting Club for the use of their range and all their help on the day.

Congratulations to Gary Duff on winning the competition. Full results are below.

durc50mseptemberopen1.jpg

There were also a few photos taken on the day by Anthony Fagan for which we are most grateful.

dsc02393fz.jpg

dsc02390mt.jpg

dsc02388e.jpg

dsc02384j.jpg

dsc02381j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Based on that photo I don't think I need to worry much about the 30* angle rule! :D Great to see photos from a competition though, I always like those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

Big thanks to DURC and Roundwood for running a terrific shoot!, weather wasnt the kindest but it was a great days craic and well worth the trip down !!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement