Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost? Can someone explain?

Options
  • 25-08-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

So iv had this photo on my phone for a while now and only getting around to posting it now!

The bit of background story to this picture first i suppose. The picture was taken by my sisters boyfriends nephew who at the time was playing with a digital camera and taking pictures of his trampoline out the back!

So in the picture the thing that freaks me out the most is what appears to be a ghostly figure of a boy in white dress/pyjamas!!!! The flash from the camera is in the middle of his body so maybe this caused this image? You can see the reflection from the window of the little boy taking the photo just to the right of the "ghost", But another thing it as if the trampoline has had a bit of force weighed down on it and theres a slight dip below the ghostly figure?

So what do ya think:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

It's just a reflection off the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Abdul Abulbul Amir

Eh... it's clearly just a couple of smudges on the window catching the light. It doesn't even have the right proportions to be human.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Not knocking op but why are the majority of ghost pics taking at random objects that nobody would be taking pics of anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Not knocking op but why are the majority of ghost pics taking at random objects that nobody would be taking pics of anyways

Just a young lad taking it... who knows why hes only 4/5 years old!

Maybe i just want to believe its something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

Was there any objects on the canvas of the trampoline as you can clearly see something pressing down on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 dee12_7

Is it at all possible that it may be a reflection of the person taking the pic?Cos it looks a bit like the figure has its hand where the flash is.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dee12_7

Apologies,I misread your post!To me,the image looks like a reflection of something inside the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Amazing what photos can suggest to you..

I can clearly see one side of the face of the late singer James Brown, (to the right of the apparent image of the young Jedi Knight).

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like a young Michael Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Thats freaky. Can see straight away it looks like the image of a young boy maybe, but what is very strange is that right below where the image is the trampoline is down like someone is standing on it. Theres no explanation except theres either something on that trampoline and thats just a reflection that turned out like that or its for real. You will never know.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

We are pattern seeking creatures, which is why we can see images in random shapes. Cool pic though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can't see anything on the pic :( I feel left out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jadestar

I have a few pics with 'orbs' some might call it dust particle, others say its impossible to get 2 like that as the odds are too slim, matter of opinion I guess with photos :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

That's just Casper...he is friendly, so no worries ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

cool pic looks like his pjs are stripped not reflection cause u can see other boy

It looks like the flash has highlighted a smudge on the glass, the sort of smudge where you try to wipe off a mark, and a grey mark is left on glass.

I really don't know about digital photos, all of a sudden lots of lots of unusual things appearing, especially orbs, in digital photos.

(Unrelated I know, but the netting is inside-out. :D )

Mind you the attached photo looks interesting:

"This photo was taken by the wife of the coach seen in the picture, inside the Ford Island gymnasium at Naval Station Pearl Harbor. Look carefully in the top right corner of the picture. There are three prominent ghost-like figures that appear in the photo. Look around, I think there might be other images present too. The photo was taken in the early evening with a digital point-and-shoot camera. Here's something interesting: The evening this photo was taken was also team "picture night." That's why the lady who took this had her camera with her. As well, a professional photographer was present and took lots of photos inside the gym that evening. I'm told she's aware of this picture, but I don't know if anything other weird images turned up on her's or anyone else's camera. Makes you wonder. I have no reason to doubt the integrity of the photo, especially with all of the stories over the years, and the history of that building and the island. A long-time employee on base told me that building once also served as a huge pool hall, bar and dancefloor. A place where sailors wanted to congregate. As well, the ancient Hawaiians apparently used Ford Island as a ceremonial place. All of his sure adds to the allure of the photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

It looks like the flash has highlighted a smudge on the glass, the sort of smudge where you try to wipe off a mark, and a grey mark is left on glass.

I really don't know about digital photos, all of a sudden lots of lots of unusual things appearing, especially orbs, in digital photos.

(Unrelated I know, but the netting is inside-out. :D )

Mind you the attached photo looks interesting:

"This photo was taken by the wife of the coach seen in the picture, inside the Ford Island gymnasium at Naval Station Pearl Harbor. Look carefully in the top right corner of the picture. There are three prominent ghost-like figures that appear in the photo. Look around, I think there might be other images present too. The photo was taken in the early evening with a digital point-and-shoot camera. Here's something interesting: The evening this photo was taken was also team "picture night." That's why the lady who took this had her camera with her. As well, a professional photographer was present and took lots of photos inside the gym that evening. I'm told she's aware of this picture, but I don't know if anything other weird images turned up on her's or anyone else's camera. Makes you wonder. I have no reason to doubt the integrity of the photo, especially with all of the stories over the years, and the history of that building and the island. A long-time employee on base told me that building once also served as a huge pool hall, bar and dancefloor. A place where sailors wanted to congregate. As well, the ancient Hawaiians apparently used Ford Island as a ceremonial place. All of his sure adds to the allure of the photo.

cool pic see sailors in it

It's smudge being reflected by the flash, though it does look pretty cool.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The sailors pic looks like a poor photoshop to me.

Oryx wrote: »
    The sailors pic looks like a poor photoshop to me.

there is something synthetic about it 4 sure...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

i actually see the image of a girl just slightly to the right of the opening to the trampoline

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

The trampoline isn't even pressed down, it's the safety net around it that's hanging over the edge.

Advertisement