Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birth cert for booze?

• 25-08-2012 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello all, my passport went out of date recently so I've sent off for a new one. I had to include my old one when sending off for it which means I am now ID-less. I never bothered getting a driving license, or an age card so that's out of the question.
    So my question : for the next 10 days or so, do you think I'll get by using a birth cert as a form of ID in pubs? Bear in mind, this is the only form of identification I possess which states My DOB. Also, abstaining from the pub isn't a very viable option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

It's not a photo ID, so no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Why don't you just..try to look older?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Get one of your parents to buy you a few cans, or a shoulder. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

stay in with the rents so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yep the lack of photo will be an issue, do you've any sort of an old student or travel card that you could bring to accompany the cert?

• Advertisement

CavanCrew wrote: »
    stay in with the rents so.

haha, lonerrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Grow a beard, it's a proof of age you can take everywhere easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

Yep the lack of photo will be an issue, do you've any sort of an old student or travel card that you could bring to accompany the cert?

....I have a medical card? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Too late now but you could have sent a photocopy of the details page of your old passport. Looking at recent posts in the passport thread it looks as if due to time of year its more like 15 working days turnaround so you should try to get an age card for the few weeks.

Grow a beard, it's a proof of age you can take everywhere easily.

Right, Beard by tomorrow evening, not a problem!

• Advertisement

Too late now but you could have sent a photocopy of the details page of your old passport. Looking at recent posts in the passport thread it looks as if due to time of year its more like 15 working days turnaround so you should try to get an age card for the few weeks.

Ah jesus, what has the world come to? Just checked age card site there, and that takes 13 days. I suppose it won't hurt to apply for one anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You would get laughed at by a bouncer if you showed your birth cert. So dont do that op.

If you plan on going on next weekend you are sadly going to have to run the risk of getting refused.

haha, lonerrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Wha?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Can you not just go to a local or something?

And if it's a pub, they might (if it's a small one) just let you in and not serve you booze.

CavanCrew wrote: »
    Wha?!

Who?!

Who?!

why :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

give up drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Except you need photo ID to get an age card! So he'll have to wait for his passport back anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

If the bouncer dosn't let you in ring your mam and get her to talk to him.

Advertisement