Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm - Mains light on ?? HELP!

Options
  • 25-08-2012 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I just moved into a house, the mains light on the keypad is red, and the code I was given to activate the alarm does not do anything.

The mains to the house was off for a minute when we moved in - Not sure if the keypad display was any different before that however as did not check.

Any help on how to get the alarm working again would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

What alarm is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

xtreamz wrote: »
    Hi,

I just moved into a house, the mains light on the keypad is red, and the code I was given to activate the alarm does not do anything.

The mains to the house was off for a minute when we moved in - Not sure if the keypad display was any different before that however as did not check.

Any help on how to get the alarm working again would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

It sounds like the alarm is in alarm, hence the red light being on. You would need the correct user code or else to default the system and set it back up. If the system is engineer locked you would need an engineer to do this for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As TB says you really need to tell us the make or describe more about the keypad to be sure.

Advertisement