Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple vs. Samsung - The Verdict(s) are rolling in

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The case was fixed from the start.
    I'm not surprised that Samsung lost.
    The judge would not allow Samsung evidence to be shown to the court: <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Biggins wrote: »
    The case was fixed from the start.
    I'm not surprised that Samsung lost.
    The judge would not allow Samsung evidence to be shown to the court: <snip>

Biggins !!!!!!!!! your blog made my laptop freeze :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

CavanCrew wrote: »

A blog without a dancing Jesus isnt worth reading anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Obviously not a mac....

:o

(Hint: Ad-block does wonders!)

Obviously not a mac....

I hate macs, had one for a month.
    Acer all the wayyy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I'm away to by something from Samsung now. Apple can suck my arse.

Scioch wrote: »
    I'm away to by something from Samsung now. Apple can suck my arse.

I honestly never liked Apple since they introduced DRM and other little rights restricting practises.
    They are just taking the legal piss now.
    Its not exactly unknown that they themselves stole many ideas from others.

I like my Samsung phone. Apple can go fcuk itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Does your laptop have the words "fisherprice" emblazoned on the front. and a handle on the side so you can wind it up :pac:

Works fine for me!

• Advertisement

Apple ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

No problems on a PC here

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I used to have an iPhone and thought it was the nutz until I was introduced to Android - since then I have never looked back - Android is streets ahread of iOS and I will never change back. Now, I do also have a macbook - I needed it for DJing because when using with audio equipment, everything 'just works' - and yes that is great - but I still hate it and the whole way iOS works. I'd gladly swap it for an equivelent PC. I also just got an iPad (work gave it to me - I'd never fork out that ridiculous amount of money) and although I cannot deny that it's a fantastic piece of equipment, great to use and very impressive - it still drives me up the walls how Apple not only tell you what you are allowed to do, but also exactly How to do it. iTunes and the App Store etc make my blood boil. So so many things that you just assume as normal on Android, apple just make it much more complicated. Also, almost every free app on the App Store is simply there on the upsell to try to get you to spend more money. I have not bought one app yet it pains me to give Apple money.

People go nuts at Google and Facebook for being Evil etc - they really need to take a close look at Apple.

Zascar wrote: »
    I used to have an iPhone and thought it was the nutz until I was introduced to Android - since then I have never looked back - Android is streets ahread of iOS and I will never go back.

I lost my 3GS and while waiting for a 4S to be delivered I borrowed an android to tide me over for a week. To say I hated it would be an understatement, not a patch on iOS imo, could never see myself buying one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

I lost my 3GS and while waiting for a 4S to be delivered I borrowed an android to tide me over for a week. To say I hated it would be an understatement, not a patch on iOS imo, could never see myself buying one.

what version of android?

Media999 wrote: »
    what version of android?

Don't know but I've played around with some new android phones recently also that friends have and just don't like it. The iPhone is just a much nicer device to hold, look at and use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

And what phone was it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Spend a day playing with a Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X or a top of the line Android Tablet and I doubt you'd feel the same.

I think El WEirdo had it fairly on the button:
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    In my experience, the more tech savvy of my acquaintances would be Android owners whilst anyone I know with an iPhone really hasn't got a clue about tech and would really only own it because they believe it to be the cutting edge of technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Apple not only tell you what you are allowed to do, but also exactly How to do it.

Cooome on!!! LOT of people LOVE to be driven like that. Why should they mind, if they have work, gaff, pub next to work/gaff and lot fun in their life. Why should they mind that someone is telling them what to do as far as it's nice and comfortable?

Jarren wrote: »
    And what phone was it?

HTC desire. A phone plenty of people were raving about a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I think are great quality Apple products and although the products are highly priced you get what you pay for and it's worth it. I've the macbook pro, itouch. I've had other laptops and the mac was by far the best one . I still think they're are other good products available . Samsung do have really good products although I'm not keen on the Samsung/iphones I prefer the Nokia's or Blackberry's tbh.

Of course it is. You spent about 1,500 quid on it and you probably spent 400 or so on your last Windows laptop!

This really bugs me. If you spent what you did on a Windows laptop you'd get a far superior machine than the one you have.

I bought a Sony Vaio last week - 800e and much better than the similar spec air and all for 600e cheaper.

• Advertisement

Don't know but I've played around with some new android phones recently that friends have and just don't like it.

Does it not bug you that you can hardly even download an mp3 file without paying apple? Small screen not bother you.

In the next few weeks Apple will be contradicting Steve jobs by saying a bigger screen is an improvement on an iphone and a smaller ipad doesnt lose the tablet experience. Theyre losing fast to Google.

Does it not bug you that you can hardly even download an mp3 file without paying apple? Small screen not bother you.

On the contrary I think the screen size is spot on, I hate the way the android phones have gone with the massive screens, I shook my head when I picked up a HTC one x ridiculous size for a phone. Never had a issue downloading music. Download file, import to iTunes, job done.

On the contrary I think the screen size is spot on, I hate the way the android phones have gone with the massive screens, its a phone I want not a tablet. Never had a issue downloading music. Download file, import to iTunes, job done.

You do know Android phones come in different screen sizes, as do any other phones?

You do know Android phones come in different screen sizes, as do any other phones?

Yes but everyone is going mad for the big ones and using it as a stick to beat the iPhone with. I just dont like Android or android phones but people don't appear willing to accept that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

HTC desire. A phone plenty of people were raving about a while back.

This phone is ancient now. Of course it does not compare well to the latest iphone. 2 generations of devices have now superceded it.

Does your laptop have the words "fisherprice" emblazoned on the front. and a handle on the side so you can wind it up :pac:

Works fine for me!

What is with you quoting me ! I think you want to be my new friend.

And no it doesnt? But they sound cool, where can I get one?

1ZRed wrote: »
    Why are so many people against Apple? If you don't like their products, don't buy them!

Apple just fight to not give us any choice. They want ban all other smartphones producers, so they can MAKE ALL PEOPLE HAPPY!!
    tails_naf wrote: »
    The good news is android phones are really good and the OS is great, so the choice to stay away from iPhones is made even easier.

If you live in USA you might not have a choice anymore. That's a point!

tails_naf wrote: »
    Apple are a very aggressive company, both in business and how their products 'work'. They do have fantastic UIs, and the first iPhone was a major advancement at the time.

However, being a 'techie' and after owning an apple product I realise how anti-consumer they are. The products are locked down - apple control the device you 'own'. They decide what apps you can and can't run, they can remotely delete any content they later deem not suitable, iTunes will delete everything off your phone if you connect it to another computer. All of these features protect Apple's business model, rather than being a benefit to the customer.

Apple also have a history of being ruthless with suppliers and strong-arming them into exclusive contracts. Lately this is also shown by their 'sue everyone' policy - the patents are frivolous, but all they want to engage in is 'legal' ways of preventing competitiveness. It has caused a rash of counter-suing and is ending up with products being banned in different countries - so again the consumer ends up loosing.

The good news is android phones are really good and the OS is great, so the choice to stay away from iPhones is made even easier.

Well explained and said!

srsly78 wrote: »
    This phone is ancient now. Of course it does not compare well to the latest iphone. 2 generations of devices have now superceded it.

I was comparing it to the 3gs I'd been using for nearly 3 years before I lost it. It was only after I handed back the htc I actually started using the 4S.

Yes but everyone is going mad for the big ones and using it as a stick to beat the iPhone with. I just dont like Android or android phones but people don't appear willing to accept that.

If people go mad for the big ones - fair enough. Each to their own tastes.
    However Apple (and others, lets be honest) need to get over the fact that you cannot really cry about things being stolen if one has been doing it oneself!

Add that to the fact as tails_naf excellently put it about Apple's other antics, any one (I feel) that is buying Apple products, is further enabling their antics!

• Advertisement

I hate the way the android phones have gone with the massive screens

So you don't go for next iPhone if it'll come with bigger screen?

zom wrote: »
    So you don't go for next iPhone if it'll come with bigger screen?

A bit bigger would be one thing but I doubt they will go to the extremes of some of the newer Samsung or HTC phones.

If the rumours are true yes they are.

Rumours I have seen suggest a bigger screen but not the tablet like size of the phones I mentioned.

Add to the fact that all previous Apple owners will have to change all their phones (again!) if they want them to work with newer sound devices: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2189174/First-pictures-Apples-new-mini-connector-iPad-Mini-iPhone-5-leaked.html

Ka-ching!
    There was a public outcry when it was revealed that the next iPhone would get a new docking port connector.

The newer, slimline port means that thousands of current Apple accessories will need a potentially clunky adapter to work with the 'iPhone 5' - or their devices will become unusable.
    The new port means older accessories will be rendered redundant unless adapters are released to make them compatible again - which is likely to be an ungainly solution, and may be impossible for some docks.

Rumours I have seen suggest a bigger screen but not the tablet like size of the phones I mentioned.

s3 is only slightly bigger than the rumoured 4".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This seems to be the case all too often alright. As people have noticed before, apple brings out a new bit of tech/collection of old tech in a novel package and a certain section(usually more the nerdy end) are very quick to rag on it, until of course someone else copies/rips it off[delete as applicable to viewpoint] and then it's only bleedin deadly. I remember the nerdasphere calling the iphone a toy, not a real phone, apple make a phone? give me a break etc, until the android based yokes came out and then it was a brilliant concept altogether. Shít I recall way back in the day people calling Apple's GUI a toy etc and wittering on about how great command line was. It never changes. Neither does the apple fanboi stuff of course and equally dopey IMHO.

Me I find it's horses for courses and whatever you're having yourself. I find all these corporations dodgy. Google in particular. Apple are defo getting worse too IMHO. To be fair to them however they've been far and away the most innovative tech company over the years. If you're using a laptop from any company to view this then a shítload of what you take for granted either originated within apple or they brought it to the market first. Even down to something as mundane as the keyboard at the top of the case with palmrests beneath they came out with first with the powerbook 100 in 1991. Check out portables from others of that time. They were the first to have trackpads, built in ethernet, USB firewire and a few other innovations. They had plug and play long before the IBM compatible world and networking was a doddle. Then again the nerdtechs decried that too. They liked the idea that only they had the knowledge to fiddle with settings and even dipswitches FFS. They invented the multimedia computer. Since the very first mac in the 80's they had built soundcards and all that guff. I knew guys in the mid 90's whose PC's could only manage a beep, unless they added in soundcards. Though again some love that stuff. I compare it to cars. The vast majority of people in the real world want to hop in and drive, a few want to build kitcars or customise their cars and fair enough. Personally I can strip and rebuild a car engine, but I don't look down on people who just drive a car, so I don't see why techies have this hoiler than thou shíte about computers in the same vein. There again apple are slowing down on that innovation score too.

TL;DR? use what you find actually adds to your life and is easy to use for you and good luck to you. Don't be swayed by the nerds/techies/fanbois of any ilk, you're the one using the damn thing.

PS I've had a computer since 1981 so Im not that much of a newb. I've tried various iterations of Android. It has it's plus points, but I'd still prefer iOS in general. I find myself having to fiddle with the thing less to do what I want it to do. That's also why I'd prefer MacOS or Windows to various Linux distros. Fo me a computer/IT device is a tool and the less work I have to do and the fewer obstacles in my way to actually use it, the better.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Have watched a good few lectures on intellectual property and have come to the conclusion that it is mostly bullshit and stifles innovation rather than propels it - I would say this is especially true in the world of consumer electronics.

As for the black market in counterfeit goods, well, the further away something gets from its true value the more likely someone is to try to copy it and sell it. The vast majority of people will want a genuine product but if something close to it is a 3rd of the price then you've got to question why the genuine product is so expensive.

I only upgrade to new tech when I feel there is a risk of being left behind. I don't really understand this need to own a new car every year, have the latest version of a phone/ TV etc. I recently purchased my first smart phone (shout out to Bargain Alerts) €110 and it's more than enough for me (still learning to use the bloody thing truth be told).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wibbs wrote: »
    This seems to be the case all too often alright. As people have noticed before, apple brings out a new bit of tech/collection of old tech in a novel package and a certain section(usually more the nerdy end) are very quick to rag on it, until of course someone else copies/rips it off[delete as applicable to viewpoint] and then it's only bleedin deadly. I remember the nerdasphere calling the iphone a toy, not a real phone, apple make a phone? give me a break etc, until the android based yokes came out and then it was a brilliant concept altogether. Shít I recall way back in the day people calling Apple's GUI a toy etc and wittering on about how great command line was. It never changes. Neither does the apple fanboi stuff of course and equally dopey IMHO.

Me I find it's horses for courses and whatever you're having yourself. I find all these corporations dodgy. Google in particular. Apple are defo getting worse too IMHO. To be fair to them however they've been far and away the most innovative tech company over the years. If you're using a laptop from any company to view this then a shítload of what you take for granted either originated within apple or they brought it to the market first. Even down to something as mundane as the keyboard at the top of the case with palmrests beneath they came out with first with the powerbook 100 in 1991. Check out portables from others of that time. They were the first to have trackpads, built in ethernet, USB firewire and a few other innovations. They had plug and play long before the IBM compatible world and networking was a doddle. Then again the nerdtechs decried that too. They liked the idea that only they had the knowledge to fiddle with settings and even dipswitches FFS. They invented the multimedia computer. Since the very first mac in the 80's they had built soundcards and all that guff. I knew guys in the mid 90's whose PC's could only manage a beep, unless they added in soundcards. Though again some love that stuff. I compare it to cars. The vast majority of people in the real world want to hop in and drive, a few want to build kitcars or customise their cars and fair enough. Personally I can strip and rebuild a car engine, but I don't look down on people who just drive a car, so I don't see why techies have this hoiler than thou shíte about computers in the same vein. There again apple are slowing down on that innovation score too.

TL;DR? use what you find actually adds to your life and is easy to use for you and good luck to you. Don't be swayed by the nerds/techies/fanbois of any ilk, you're the one using the damn thing.

PS I've had a computer since 1981 so Im not that much of a newb. I've tried various iterations of Android. It has it's plus points, but I'd still prefer iOS in general. I find myself having to fiddle with the thing less to do what I want it to do. That's also why I'd prefer MacOS or Windows to various Linux distros. Fo me a computer/IT device is a tool and the less work I have to do and the fewer obstacles in my way to actually use it, the better.

Don't listen to Wibbs

He is an apple fanboy. He tried to tell me before that he once saw Steve Jobs face in a piece of toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,189 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I don't understand this legal battle. apple and Samsung don't compete in the same market. I've never met a single 'apple consumer' that was in the market for a Tablet and went "hmm, that Samsung 10.1 kinda looks like the iPad, I think I'll buy it instead"
    I have. Half of my customer interactions are, literally "I can't tell the difference between [iPad] and [Samsung Galaxy Tab], can you explain this?"

Not very many customers are "tech savvy", in the sense that they aren't read up on what iOS is and what Android is. To them it's all just colored screens with icons. Some will need to be told the differences between an iPad and a Kindle Fire. A lot of that is pure laziness, the rest is ignorance. Either way, when the devices are similar enough, it makes me have to answer stupid questions ad nauseum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I used to love my Mac LC Color [sic], ran like a dream when my friends were having trouble with their PC equivalents. It's just not the case anymore though.
    Some companies just seem to go a bit stale when they stop being the underdog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

As much as I don't like Apple taking samsung to court over this, I have to say Apple do make some great products and tend to lead the way in innovation in consumer tech as Wibbs pointed out.

Firewire, the GUI, proper touchscreen smartphones, the iPod, tablets etc. and more recently thunderbolt and high resolution displays. Those just off the top of my head. What Apple does, others copy. Android wouldn't be what it is today without the iPhone, in fact I'm not even sure it would exist. The iPhone in particular was a revelation and IMO one of the most important consumer devices of the 21st century. Before the iPhone the no.1 "smartphone" at the time was what, the Nokia N95? The difference between the two is night and day.

Anyway I've used mac computers since film school in 2006 where we used Final Cut Pro for editing. I fell in love with OSX and how intuitive and different it was and how much of a pleasure it was to use. Since then I've had an iBook, iPhone, iPod, and several Macbook Pros. Honestly I don't know if I'll ever switch back to windows. I don't hate it, I just much prefer OSX and mac machines. I consider myself a techie, I used to build my own PCs and know my way around a computer. But that doesn't stop me appreciating Apple and their products even if some of their ideas don't gel with me. People say Apple's products are "locked down" but that enables them to deliver the quality and user experience that make them so popular. It works for them. And if you don't like it, there are always ways around it. A jailbroken iPhone is a superb device.

Also Apple always seem to be top dog when it comes to tech specs. I looked for a windows laptop recently that would match the new Macbook Pro Retina in terms of spec, weight, thinness and build quality (not even bothering with the screen). I couldn't find one. It doesn't exist. Yeah you pay a pretty penny but you get an absolute stunner of a machine.

I get riled on by friends for having a mac ("macs are for fags" etc.), one guy is a programmer and gets verbally agressive to me any time Apple is brought up he hates them so much (also anytime I chime in with my own opinions, which he doesn't like because, well he has a CS degree, and he's a programmer, and so I know nothing!). It's frustrating because Apple computers are great computers, not the best computers but great ones and Apple haters just don't want to hear it. Because it's Apple. And that's a shame.

But Apple doesn't care. It's the worlds most valuable company. So obviously they're doing something right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

At least Apple marketing works,many people still are are calling mp3 players Ipods .
    Having said apple customer service is second to none according to my friends who own apple devices.
    I prefer Android OS myself to be honest ,customising OS is one of the things that I like .

My gf recently joined the dark side of the force by getting IPAD 3,have to admit that it is a fantastic piece of kit

She wont let me use it though,(sad face)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

**** Apple.. Thank God a few of the current Android phones are so good that even if production stopped entirely, they're still miles ahead of Apple for a year or two.
    Living up to your username I see ;)

Lets be honest, most are stealing from each other to some degree.
    Even Steve Jobs stated it himself "Picasso had a saying, he said: 'Good artists copy, great artists steal'. We have, you know, always, ah, been shameless about stealing great ideas" (HERE).
    More examples of stealing ideas?

* See HERE to read how Apple actually further copied from the Android!

* See HERE why Apple patent lawsuits are hypocritical!

* See HERE how Apple stole from Microsoft (who stole from them also!).

Karma is a bitch Apple - but then when it might be done to themselves, they cry and bitch about it!

Steve Jobs: "We have always been shameless about stealing ideas." - We know Apple!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

As a programmer and open source advocate, the very idea of patents in software to me is counter intuitive. It always has been about tweaking/modding and improving. An organic process. Whether it's Google, Apple, Microsoft, anyone, I disagree with patents. I understand why they have them (a bit of a Cold War arms race type of thing). In software, there is no stealing. The bigwigs at Apple must know this, because I doubt sincerely that they buy their own bull.

However, Apple are nothing short of a patent troll. They see their market share beginning to fall dramatically (maintaining growth rates from 2010-1 to 2011-4, they'd be down to 10% of phones by 2015), so they start suing everyone over anything.

The hilarious bit is that Jobs wanted to destroy Android (and thus effectively create a monopoly), and now Apple are now attempting to do so using lawsuits that include antitrust charges!

If they try to come after Google directly, that's when they will lose. Big.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Now, I do also have a macbook - I needed it for DJing because when using with audio equipment, everything 'just works' - and yes that is great - but I still hate it and the whole way iOS works. I'd gladly swap it for an equivelent PC.

:pac: then why don't you swap it? it would be very very easy to swap it ;)

ahh the rise of the 'dj' when those little 14" white ibooks started to appear, the kind of entry level laptop to the world of logic pro, ableton etc etc because such and such had one, sure they must be good, i must get one :/

i've used apple mac for work since mid 90s, they were built for things like publishing etc and i was laughed at over the years because i had a strange/crap computer that didn't 'play games'. i'm laughing myself now because these iphones won't do what the androids are doing.

tolosenc wrote: »
    If they try to come after Google directly, that's when they will lose. Big.

I doubt it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

More examples of stealing ideas?
    OK let's look at them...
    * See HERE to read how Apple actually further copied from the Android!
    1. they had it before Android in mobileme, which the author points out, it just wasn't as full featured as the one android came out with. 2. OK 3. TBH I prefer wired updates. It's faster. 4. Hardly borrowing. 5. OK, but hardly earth shattering.

Oh and ever see an Android prototype when the iphone was under development? Have a peek. Those 5 pretty lame examples ranged against that, is well... pretty lame.
    * See HERE why Apple patent lawsuits are hypocritical!
    He(same author) makes some good points here but rattles out the oft repeated ballsology myth about Jobs and other Apple heads visit to Xerox Parc. Numero uno they paid a million dollars for looking at and using some of the ideas(something MS never did when they later ripped off Apples polishing of same), secondly there was a humungous difference in user experience between the Xerox Gui and Apple's. Examples? Drag and drop. we use that alll the time. Not in the Xerox GUI. Editing of disk and folder and application names, copy and paste, pull down menus, clipboard, multiple file system views, trashcan, control panel, mini app desktop accessories. The xerox GUI doesn't have a finder/desktop either. They took an idea which was a barely working prototype which they paid for and made it near unrecognisable, but recognisable if you use windows type GUI's today This is what Jobs meant about "stealing and making better" only he/they paid for it.
    * See HERE how Apple stole from Microsoft (who stole from them also!).
    About half of those are incredibly nitpicking. Compare and contrast with how much MS ripped off Apple's GUI going all the way back to the first Windows.
    Karma is a bitch Apple - but then when it might be done to themselves, they cry and bitch about it!
    Naw sorry Biggins, very nebulous argument in favour of your stance and liberally doused with myth and ignorance of IT history.

Oh and that's only the GUI. What about all the design stuff that others have mercilessly ripped off from Apple? Sorry. Try again I'm afraid.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

FearDark wrote: »
    Try telling that to someone who owns an iPhone.

"yeah but iPhone is the best"...

*sigh*

These people are referred to as iTards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement