Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking on a Sales Rep

Options
  • 25-08-2012 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

We're in a position now where we can take on a new sales rep!
    Has anybody any idea or suggestions in relation to what costs are associated with a car for this person?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Depends... Are you supplying the car or will the rep have their own car?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

Lucky Dub wrote: »
    We're in a position now where we can take on a new sales rep!
    Has anybody any idea or suggestions in relation to what costs are associated with a car for this person?

Really depends on area they are covering, what their needs are when it comes to the car and what your budget is

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lucky Dub

We will be suppying the car!
    Budget, hard to know area will be - Leinster, North East & South west!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

This is probably not what you want to hear.......

I'm surprised that you're planning to hire a sales rep. I think most firms have realised that there are much cheaper ways to "sell" than financing a sales rep.

Any good sales rep is unlikely to have a cost of less than 80K after you factor in
    salary,commissions,diesel,car and other expenses.

A lot of very well established companies that I know are going in the opposite direction, promoting the business through websites, ecommerce tools and social media, backed up by strong phone communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lucky Dub

SeanSouth wrote: »
    This is probably not what you want to hear.......

I'm surprised that you're planning to hire a sales rep. I think most firms have realised that there are much cheaper ways to "sell" than financing a sales rep.

Any good sales rep is unlikely to have a cost of less than 80K after you factor in
    salary,commissions,diesel,car and other expenses.

A lot of very well established companies that I know are going in the opposite direction, promoting the business through websites, ecommerce tools and social media, backed up by strong phone communication.
    Many thanks Sean, interseting concept, just weighing up options, I can certainly see the merits of what you say & also versus the face to face option!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement