Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Place to Rent in Cork?

Options
  • 25-08-2012 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I'm beginning to think this is a bit of a lost cause because we've been looking for weeks, to no avail... But myself and my boyfriend are moving in together on our own. We were living with our friends but now we're finished with that and want a bit of privacy.

We're looking for a place as near as possible to the city (preferably actually in the city) as the boyfriend works there and I have to commute to various places. We just want one bedroom, a kitchen/living room and a bathroom in the region of 400 - 600 quid. We had a nightmarish experience on Thursday where we put a deposit on a place and when we went to move in, we discovered that the whole place was still filthy (even though they'd said it had been cleaned), reeked of what smelled like curry and everything was completely falling apart... Luckily we got our deposit back and now we're in the market again. We've tried pretty much all the on-line sources, I'm just wondering if anybody personally knows anyone who is letting an apartment in our price range.

I just don't know what to do any more. I just want to be able to live somewhere reasonably clean and not falling apart!

Comments

Advertisement