Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on purchasing a scooter cover

• 25-08-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Morning all.

I don't know much about motorcycles but figured this would be as good a place as any to ask my question.

Our household has recently picked up a 50cc Figera scooter/moped which as to be stored in the garden so I was wondering where in Dublin is a good place to pick up a good quality and hopefully afordable tarpaulin type cover for it??

When I searched the internet, Argos popped up with some flimsy example of one which seems to be for a tiny scateboard type scooter.

Also Micks garage, Amazon etc., have popped up as search results.

If anyone knows a local shop/warehouse where I could find something like this, of if anyonw has ordered one online and would recommend the website, then I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Briskit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Generally any motorbike shop will sell a bike cover.
    Where about are you living?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

goodlad wrote: »

City spares has some around e30 IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well I have one of the argos covers, it was €15 iirc and I use it with a lidl/aldi cover. The two of them are perfect and have them on my fz6 for over a year now with no probs. I would not use one on its own but both together are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Briskit

goodlad wrote: »

Dublin City.

Thanks for all the replies. I remember Lidl/Aldi having tarps, but I also didn't need them at the time!!! Will look out next time.

€30 sounds pretty good for a cover, but may not be able to get out to CherryOrchard today... so may check out the bike shope near the Kevin St/Aungier St junction in town.. At least I have a ballpark figure of what they cost.

Micks Garage

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Is it specifically a tarpaulin you want (as in the very heavy weaved plastic job) or a run of the mill bike cover? Seems overkill for a scooter to want a tarpaulin..... when any heavy duty motorbike cover would do fine. Again unless you need something specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Briskit

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Is it specifically a tarpaulin you want (as in the very heavy weaved plastic job) or a run of the mill bike cover? Seems overkill for a scooter to want a tarpaulin..... when any heavy duty motorbike cover would do fine. Again unless you need something specific.

Any old cover... just always call them tarps!

Advertisement