Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oddball Neighbours

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I had an alcoholic, crazy cat lady living next to me for about 8 months. She always had her drinking buddy over, and kept shouting at the cats. I'm well away from there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

A woman moved in next to my house about two years ago and even though she's really nice she is not 100% there if you know what I mean. Every time she hears a car driving into my house even if its pissing rain she runs out and pretends to put something in the bin but really she just wants to see who's visiting me. Sometimes I start the car and drive around my house just to watch her run out and then I wave to her and yell out "its only me" .. I just do it for the laugh and all in all she's really nice but I just can't help myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Kurz wrote: »
    The weirdest thing I've noticed in a few apartments over the years is those extraction fans that they have in bathrooms with no windows. The whole system is joined up between apartments and sometimes you hear very faint and acoustically distorted sounds of people talking from other apartments. It's like a creepy dream sequence in a horror movie.

I had really bad sunburn in Spain and hadn't slept in 3 days with the heat. Eventually dozed off in the middle of the day and woke up at 10pm. I knew someone was talking to me from the other room but couldn't wake up properly to listen. I muttered "what?" a few times before being able to wake up properly. I walked around the appartment to find there was no one there. It was dark and I was so confused!!
    Turned out to be coming through the air-vents from the family next door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The weirdest thing I've noticed in a few apartments over the years is those extraction fans that they have in bathrooms with no windows. The whole system is joined up between apartments and sometimes you hear very faint and acoustically distorted sounds of people talking from other apartments. It's like a creepy dream sequence in a horror movie.

Perv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

A guy who used to live downstairs got stabbed. Not too weird, I live in Limerick, but the guy who did the stabbing was making zombie sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

LaVail wrote: »
    sometimes I start the car and drive around my house just to watch her run out and then I wave to her and yell out "its only me" .. I just do it for the laugh and all in all she's really nice but I just can't help myself.

Oh my god, I know its bad but I fcuking lost it when I read that. It's only me....absolutely hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

Used to live across from this real oddball alright. She was a right cranky old mare but she had this smokin' hot granddaughter that had the most beautiful long blonde hair. Used to love watching her walking her Golden Labrador along our street, as I fapped out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

NIALL D wrote: »
    give him a bowl of antifreeze and maybe give him a few yokes jus for good measure lol :D

Are you serious? You want him to kill the dog :mad:
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Neighbours have a jack russell. :mad:

The most retarded animal ever.

It has to go. Barks for no reason at all hours. Even if I sit in my own back garden it goes nuts.

I've been given a tip to "sort the problem".

Tempting, I must say.

Why dont you try talking to the neighbours? It obvious the dog is bored or not trained properly and its the owners that need to do this.
    You poisoning it or kicking it or hurting it is not going to do anything for its behaviour, its the owners that need to be retrained.

Back on topic..I used to live in an apartment along side a south african girl who though she was the next rhianna or lady gaga or something..only thing is she hadnt a note in her head. The cranberries zombie or the 4 non blondes being sang at midnight that sounded like a cat being raped was not the most pleasant experience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We have a real pair of twats next door to us. She has the most extraordinarily freaky eyebrows that I've ever seen. I mean these eyebrows are like a car crash, you don't want to look at them but can't help it. She describes it as 'extreme makeup', rubbish it is ugly, ugly, ugly.

I cannot believe anyone would pay to have that done to themselves. They are a long, thick, weird brown and they angle sharply off the side of her head, WTF? They really don't work with the tacky, peroxide, slapper blond hair colour. They kept us awake again last night with another of their all night gatherings, if they're reading this then I'd like them both to know that I sincereley hope that you both choke to death on your own vomit some time soon, very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

mauzo wrote: »
    I've lived next door to two Chinese families. I'm not being racist, or at least its not my intention and I apologise if it comes across that way. But do they do this more than anyone else?

Both families seemed to do it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It was really strange. In cork, one guy would have his bathroom window open and would be hocking greeners for about ten minutes straight. NOw where I live, there's a Chinese family beside me and when I'm in the garden I can hear them doing it.

Is it a coincidence?

I lived in China for six months and they hocked up an awful lot of phlegm and spat their wee hearts out over there.

It's related to the diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I lived in China for six months and they hocked up an awful lot of phlegm and spat their wee hearts out over there.

It's related to the diet.

Oh ok thanks, Its just something I notice living beside them. Someone told me its not considered rude in their culture so they do it a lot more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Aye. Last apartment I lived in, I was woken on my first Saturday there thinking there was a dog manically barking in my en suite. Turns out the neighbours used to their dog out on the shared rooftop to piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Try living with neighbours who:

Throw burning clothes horses out windows
    At 3am try to position a satelite dish on a balcony when they're obviously locked out of their skull, but somehow magically align it correctly and all you hear from the OH is "hooold it there" and he's two inches from becoming a statistic in a "misadventurous" death", after falling 50 feet from a building
    Hit the fire alarm button (in the usual red case) instead of the plunger button used for turning on the lights, at 3am on a sunday morning.
    Believe that Ace of Base and Whigfield is just fookin great 20 minutes after setting off the fire alarm and putting the frighteners in every single person in the building...

I could go on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I lived in a student estate in the UK for a few years. The strangest thing I saw was my fake tan covered neighbours having a mickey measuring contest in their back garden.

I had other neighbours who had ankle deep litter throughout the entire house and had started eating outside on the roof of the garage for lack of a space to put food anywhere. They had to clean up when they got an ant infestation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Demonical wrote: »
    Are you serious? You want him to kill the dog :mad:

Why dont you try talking to the neighbours? It obvious the dog is bored or not trained properly and its the owners that need to do this.
    You poisoning it or kicking it or hurting it is not going to do anything for its behaviour, its the owners that need to be retrained.

Back on topic..I used to live in an apartment along side a south african girl who though she was the next rhianna or lady gaga or something..only thing is she hadnt a note in her head. The cranberries zombie or the 4 non blondes being sang at midnight that sounded like a cat being raped was not the most pleasant experience...
    Dead right. Hate poisoning. Just shoot it, it's more humane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I had an neighbour and although not exactly odd, the only time I ever saw him or talked to him was when he poked his head over the fence separating our backyards. Always wore the same hat. In fairness to the man, he gave me sagely advice on numerous occasions.

how do you poke your head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

corktina wrote: »
    how do you poke your head?

Obviously, you've never been on facebook ;)

Advertisement