Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim only and roaming

Options
  • 25-08-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My contract with the dreaded three is coming to an end and i am going to sim only.
    I spend a lot of time in the uk so i need a package with free roaming between uk and ireland.
    anyone know whats best to go for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The funny thing is, that three is probably the best for UK & ROI. They have the '3 like home' offer where its the same price in uk as it is here once your on the three network over there.

This also applies to prepay, including the weekend calls, AYCE data etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vinny11

i must check it davy
    but i hate staying with them customer service is someone in africa or somewhere who doesnt have a clue
    the network seems overloaded a lot of the time when it works it works good but when it doesnt its disaster
    i thought there was a new law brought in where there was free roaming between uk and ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

vinny11 wrote: »
    i must check it davy
    but i hate staying with them customer service is someone in africa or somewhere who doesnt have a clue
    the network seems overloaded a lot of the time when it works it works good but when it doesnt its disaster
    i thought there was a new law brought in where there was free roaming between uk and ireland ?

Its based in mumbai in Indian like a lot of call centers these days, but you do have the option to use the talk to forum here (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367) that can help you with problems. Its not 24 hours, but it might be handier for you.

Their is cheaper roaming rates, but not free when you making calls. With the three offer, all you would pay for is calls monday to friday to non '3' customers.

Advertisement