Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is Classic Rock?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

What about new releases by old bands, is that classic rock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

nicked from the Progressive Archives website, unfortunately no Classic Rock section included!

f11dea94c4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jake the dog

Its really tough to classify, I love the rock music from the 60's and 70's that I grew up with, and all its many flavours. Although there is no exact date I think that somewhere in the mid eighties a lot of the bands from that era had long run out of steam. The eighties also brought in a new digitized sound and studio techniques which brought in a whole new era of sound. Whilst the classic era for me begins with the maturity of Teddy boy Rock and roll into Rock music in the early 60's.

There's also probably some deep psychological reason why I cant bring myself to class music from the nineties onwards as Classic rock, maybe because I was in my 20's then and can't accept the fact that I'm in my 40's now :). But sod that, break open the beers and put the Sabbs on, and turn up to 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

The music Tommy Saxondale likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

563904_528756793820445_1371635465_n.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement