Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

millars marsh/poleberry building

Options
  • 25-08-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Anyone know what that building is at the end of Poleberry-beside Order of malta building-
    How in gods name did that get planning permission?-it's hideous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

If you mean the new building they are just finishing its the new mens hostel. They are closing the one in Ladys Lane and moving there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

True thing. It's awful. Looks like someone dropped a container on top of a house. Anyone know who the architect is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

old gregg wrote: »
    True thing. It's awful. Looks like someone dropped a container on top of a house. Anyone know who the architect is?
    in fairness there after doin some job on that place, and shur that house is seriously haunted as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

I know it was derelict-and I'm glad that the men's hostel is going in there-just wondering why it's just so damn ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Yup

spill the beans, you're among friends :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

niallo76 wrote: »
    Anyone know what that building is at the end of Poleberry-beside Order of malta building-
    How in gods name did that get planning permission?-it's hideous.

Is it any worse than that tin can that replaced the school in Manor Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

spill the beans, you're among friends :p

CJ Falconers. They are possibly the best architect in the country, while it is not going to win any beauty competitions, in fairness to them, they have had to use the space the best way possible and they did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I passed there today and I was looking at it, I think hideous and ugly is a bit extreme it is not that bad. At least it is one less derelict building and it will get the "hostel types" away from the city centre area in the evenings.

• Advertisement

'hostel types'-meaning,the homeless-surely the need would be for the two shelters-the old one in Lady Lane had 46 beds-new one has 25-looks like 19 more 'Hostel types' hanging around Bath Street

http://svp.ie/Contact-Us/South-East/News/Latest-News/New-25-bed-homeless-hostel-for-Waterford.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

niallo76 wrote: »
    'hostel types'-meaning,the homeless-surely the need would be for the two shelters-the old one in Lady Lane had 46 beds-new one has 25-looks like 19 more 'Hostel types' hanging around Bath Street

http://svp.ie/Contact-Us/South-East/News/Latest-News/New-25-bed-homeless-hostel-for-Waterford.aspx

Homeless are usually the type get in a hostel for the homeless. It was just a term I thought of off the cuff I didn’t mean anything by it. I don’t know why you are even making anything of it specially being that this thread is about the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Cant believe they are halving the amount of beds available, thats madness.

Advertisement