Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't transfer money to Bank of Amerika

Options
  • 25-08-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I tried to add Bank of Amerika in Dublin (BofA) as a new payee. Bank of Ireland (BoI) web site came back saying "This payee cannot be added at this time." I called BoI and was told that the problem is with BofA: they limit the number of customers who can transfer money to them to ten.
    This does not make sense to me at all..
    I was told to contact BofA to have them tell BoI that they can have more than ten simultaneous customers transfer money to them. I'm not sure how to get in touch with BofA (I am dealing with one of their customers), and this doesn't sound like something I should have to be doing in the first place (nor something that will be resolved quickly. My payment needs to be there in the next two business days!)
    Can someone explain clearly what is going on, and how to fix it?
    Thanks, Rolf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for getting in touch. There can be various different reasons why it may not be possible to add a payee. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you PM us with your name, phone number and the name of your account holding branch and I'll arrange for one of our representatives to give you a call.

Since you have less than 25 posts you may not be able to PM us directly. I've sent you a private message from our side. You should be able to reply to our PM with your contact details.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement