Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Info] Moving to Dublin in October - I need help

Options
  • 25-08-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

I'm a 26 year old male and have recently been offered a job with sky in Burlington plaza. I have to relocate and I have been looking on daft.ie at areas like rathgar and places in d4 and houseshares seem reasonable

Can anyone help with other areas I should be looking

The position doesn't start till 22nd of october but I've accepted I'll probably have to rent from 1st October

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It makes sense to minimise commuting time. There are usually a lot of places available in Ranelagh and Rathmines, but the students may get there before you.

Note that the west-east routes in the area can be very congested in the morning.

Lots of buses in the area. http://www.dublinbus.ie/

Bus Stop No. 906
    Uppr Leeson St, Appian Way

Routes serving this stop:
    7b Towards Mountjoy Sq.
    7d Towards Mountjoy Sq.
    11 Towards Wadelai Park
    32x Towards UCD Belfield
    41x Towards Swords
    46a Towards Phoenix Park
    116 Towards Burlington Hotel (Sussex Rd.)
    118 Towards D'Olier St.
    145 Towards Heuston Rail Station

Bus Stop No. 753
    Waterloo Road, Pembroke Lane
    Routes serving this stop:
    18 Towards Palmerstown
    25x Towards UCD Belfield
    37 Towards Baggot St. (Grand Canal)
    38 Towards Baggot St. (Grand Canal)
    38a Towards Baggot St. (Grand Canal)
    38b Towards Baggot St. (Grand Canal)
    39 Towards Baggot St. (Grand Canal)
    39a Towards UCD Belfield
    51d Towards Hawkins St./Waterloo Rd.
    51x Towards Dunawley
    66x Towards UCD Belfield
    67x Towards Celbridge (Salesian College)
    70 Towards Baggot St. (Grand Canal)
    77x Towards Tallaght
    46e Towards Mountjoy Sq.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I gave a wry smile when you said places in D4 seem reasonable- its ironic. There are loads of apartments for rent in the area- and the rent is reasonable (a legacy of our wasted decade). Check out Stillorgan- and Dundrum too- the Luas in Dundrum is extremely handy for getting into Stephen's Green. Plenty of availability in the area too.

Advertisement