Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E.mail On an xperia S

Options
  • 25-08-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi.

I recently changed over to the Sony xperia S on Meteor and am having issues setting up my IOL.ie e.mail . It has issues with the outgoing e.mail server apparently.

Does anyone know how to set this up.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ra0044 wrote: »
    Hi.

I recently changed over to the Sony xperia S on Meteor and am having issues setting up my IOL.ie e.mail . It has issues with the outgoing e.mail server apparently.

Does anyone know how to set this up.

Many thanks

Have you specified an outgoing SMTP server? Correct username & password for same?

I'll assume that you can receive mail ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭ra0044

Hi

My e.mail address and password are correct, and the phone fills in the server details for IOL automatically but when it checks the server settings they wont work for outgoing mail and offers manual setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 reallytycho

Are you using the stock email app?

This seems to be a problem with a lot of email providers. Especially Eircom.

As a workaround I downloaded the firefox web browser, dialed into the URL for that. It works fine as when you go directly to the website you're not using an SMTP or POP forwarding system. So now I just keep that browser set to my inbox and refresh when needed.

Its not the most convenient way of doing things. But after a good while struggling with this issue this is the best I could work out.

Advertisement