Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from one BOI credit card to another

Options
  • 25-08-2012 1:44pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

Am thinking about moving away from the Platinum Advantage Mastercard to a standard credit card given I don't think its worth paying the €70 odd charge per year anymore.

My question is, if I want to switch do I have to close the existing card and start the application process from scratch? Will I get my same credit limit (or will I be given a lower one)? I pay the balance off every month but the existing high limit is good to have in case of emergencies given we travel abroad often.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Sheep Shagger,

You can switch to another BOI credit card by filling out our online application or completing an application in-branch. Both forms will give you the option to close your current credit card account. If you select yes, it will be closed automatically once your new credit card account has been opened.

You can request the same credit limit, however, this is subject to approval and dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Click here for more information on our credit cards.

Also, if you switch from the Platinum Advantage Mastercard having already paid the yearly fee, you will be refunded a portion of that fee.

Thanks for your query,
    Graham

Advertisement