Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Events in Dublin this September

Options
  • 25-08-2012 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭

If anyone is interested, there are two free events in Dublin being organised in September for those working in SEO, social and the broader digital marketing field.

The first one is being organised by IIA on Sep. 20th in the Digital exchange and I believe is already sold out: http://searchmeetssocial.ie/

The second is organised by eCeltic (my company) the day after on Sep. 21st in the Morrison Hotel and still has tickets available here: http://www.dublinseosummit.com

Hopefully see you there.

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Are ye going to be teaching how to perform SEO?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

It's not going to be training on how to do SEO from scratch, I suppose most of the talks will assume a basic understanding of SEO.

To get an idea on previous speaker talks I'd recommend looking at:

www.slideshare.com/randfish
    www.slideshare.com/brianmartineceltic
    http://www.slideshare.net/salesinstituteireland/national-conference-2011-niall-harbison-simply-zesty-260511

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Matrix Internet Web Design

I believe Rand Fishkin from SEOMoz is going to be there?

If so, I wholeheartedly recommend attending this event if you have an interest or desire to learn more about SEO!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bonita810

It's a great opportunity to get familiar with SEO, especially for the student.
    What a pity that I won't be in Dublin that time:/

I believe Rand Fishkin from SEOMoz is going to be there?

If so, I wholeheartedly recommend attending this event if you have an interest or desire to learn more about SEO!

Yep, we're delighted to have Rand, he'll actually be at both events.

@Bonita810 Don't worry you can catch it on a webcast wherever you are if you can't physically make it :) Although if you can make it, will be great opportunity to meet and network with other SEOs, marketers and business owners and have a few drinks afterwards too in The Church. Keep an eye on the Twitter for more details @DublinSEOSummit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

bceltic wrote: »
    Yep, we're delighted to have Rand, he'll actually be at both events.

@Bonita810 Don't worry you can catch it on a webcast wherever you are if you can't physically make it :) Although if you can make it, will be great opportunity to meet and network with other SEOs, marketers and business owners and have a few drinks afterwards too in The Church. Keep an eye on the Twitter for more details @DublinSEOSummit

Can you post the link of the webcast when comes :)

Would be a greater help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

no sound on that though !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No sound on the feed, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No, im watchin it now hoping they have it sorted before fishy comes on..

• Advertisement

Guys sorry about the mess up on the live stream yesterday. Unfortunately we only got it fixed after the break and then I had to plug in Rand's memory key so I had to take out the webcam.

Disaster - but anyway we'll have the slides, video and photo content going up in the coming week up and I'll post them here then. Apart from the disaster of the live stream, the event itself was a great mix of SEOs and marketers so encourage you to try make the next one. Keep an eye on blog.ecelticseo.com or twitter.

Cheers,
    Brian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TeresaDarling

Hi

Are there any more meetings coming up in October or November?

Hi Teresa,

It's a bit late notice but there is one on tonight http://www.mii.ie/en/cev/342 run by the Marketing Society about AIB's SEO strategy, should be good.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

Are there any more meetings coming up in October or November?
    Not sure if it's the type of event you're looking for Teresa, it looks a little more like an "Introduction to..." series than the original event in this thread would have been, but as they're free and from a normally good provider (I've been to a number of Techspectations events in the past, though not the workshop series) I said I'd pass it on....

http://techspectations.org/conferences/techspectations-workshop-series/

Also worth checking out some of the webinars if they might be of interest...
    http://techspectations.org/conferences/online-seminars-2/

Thanks for that, I was too late and missed the link

I have done it all backwards, 8 months ago I could only used fb and email anddecided I was going to build a jewellery ecommerce site but I built a rubbish site, no 2 was just ok, site no 3 was submitted 2 months ago, I have a PR4, 66% organic search, my bounce rate is down to 2.56%, my page views are 13 and 5.37 minutes

I have done all the SEO myself, on holiday the other ladies were reading 50 shades of grey, I was reading penguin and panda updates, I have figured out adwords but as I have done it all backwards I know I am missing basic knowledge and the bits experts just "know" so I would like to go to a meeting/seminar with real people not just google

I built the site myself with the help of google so keeping the backwards theme I am doing a web design course next month as my site has 2354 pages indexed so far, only another 5000 to go but I can't do anything but basics with CSS etc

If anyone knows of any meetings that would help me please let me know

Sounds like you've got very good quality traffic Teresa. A bounce rate less than 3% is almost unheard of! Well done on achieving that. Is the conversion rate equally as good?

Number of pages being crawled is all down to your site architecture. How is your XML sitemap? Run screaming frog or Link Slueth Xenu and see how your site is appearing. If you've got a lot of pagination issues, Google might be getting lost there.

Brian

Thanks for the reply, I am not getting lots of traffic but my pictures are so eyecatching that everyone keeps looking and looking. The conversion rate is not great at the moment but Sepember and October in retail were the same, Jewellery is a big Christmas market

I had a lot more pages indexed today,I had to get someone to empty the core_URL a few times as it was not re indexing. I will have to run the sitemap tomorrow, the sites so big it takes hours and keeps timing out and having to be restarted

Now going to google paignation as I have no idea what it is, hopefully this course next month will teach me the essentials

Advertisement