Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craving a Thai green curry (takeout). Where in D15?

Options
  • 25-08-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I would love a Thai green curry this eve. Anyone know of somewhere in D15 I can get one?? (take out)

Or anyone got a recipe and I'll make one?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

amdublin wrote: »
    I would love a Thai green curry this eve. Anyone know of somewhere in D15 I can get one?? (take out)

Or anyone got a recipe and I'll make one?!

Thai garden do pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cheers Oblivious.

I'm thinking of making my own now: coconut milk, curry paste, crushed garlic and some chicken stock.

Any d15 cooks out there think it'll be okay??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Host in Clonsilla village do Red and Green Thai Curry's also.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Host in Clonsilla village do Red and Green Thai Curry's also.

Ooh! Is that beside the chemist?

What is the green curry like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

amdublin wrote: »
    Ooh! Is that beside the chemist?

What is the green curry like?!

Sorry for the delay. Yeah next to the chemist. I had the red curry during the week and it was nice, don't remember ever having the green one though, apologies!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I know you were looking for this yesterday..

But Ming Court at the Blanch Center do a lovely Green Curry.. and they deliver..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@amdublin: Always lots of recipes to be had in the cooking & recipes forum and a couple of examples of thai curry recipes here and here.

Cheers Gaspode!

I like Ming court so I will try there soon I think. I've never tried host.

I got a Lloyd grossman in Dunnes in Ongar. It was okay, a little too bitter (lemony) rather than the sweet and creamy with a bit of bitter I was craving.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

M&S has a lovely green curry paste if you decide to make it yourself. The instructions suggest a whole jar should be used but I used about 2 and a half tablespoons with a can of coconut milk (and lime leaves, a splash of soy sauce and veg) and it's perfect.

Thai Garden is lovely but so expensive for take away.

Perfect bobble head!!! I will try that. I love m&s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Lidl do a green Thai Curry sauce for about 1.70.... Lob some chicken in and some rice.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The garden house at the top of blanch village does a good thai green curry, might even get some later :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Got a menu through the door for a new/newish place in Coolmine industrial estate. It was Thai and Indian .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

Ordered from that new place last night - not impressed. Our Indian food arrived first, the chinese food arrived half an hour later! Rang them a couple of times, they were apologetic but it sounded like they couldn't cope. Food wasn't great either.

I will be going back to my favourite takeaway >> Let's Eat In. Also located in Coolmine and they do Chinese/Indian/Thai/Italian. Their food is really good (the Crispy Shredded Chili Chicken is delish :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

It's not in D15, but not far from it: Eatzen in Clonee do very good Thai food for ok prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Flames In clonee do nice thai food, I go there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

theres some sort of thai green takeaway in lucan village directly over the bridge, noticed it there on the way to work

Advertisement