Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Playbook 64GB Pricecut £129

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭bromley52

Stay away from the offical dock. The contacts are spring loaded and break. Goggle it, there are loads of bad reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Allyall wrote: »
    I think there's only one official one

LINK

EBAY

Amazon are selling off a load of accessories

PLAYBOOK LEATHER BINDER COVER
    - £12.55

PLAYBOOK RAPID CHARGING STAND - £20.95

DIFFERENT ONE - £7.80

SILICON SKIN - £5.99

DELUXE BLACK LEATHER CASE - £1.65

3X CLear LCD Screen Protector - £0.95

CASE + KEYBOARD + STYLUS + STAND - £6.27

Ex-Pro Premium HDMI 1.5m - £5.97

12v Rapid Travel Charger - £24.98
    Cheers, just bought some HDMI cables and a leather cover/stand from those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Is the Blackberry Playbook only available online?? They dont have them in Waterford and gilr said Id have to buy online??? If so I buy one right now. Have a blackberry 9900 so thing the two together would go! any suggestiong would be appreciated.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

DonFred wrote: »
    Is the Blackberry Playbook only available online?? They dont have them in Waterford and gilr said Id have to buy online??? If so I buy one right now. Have a blackberry 9900 so thing the two together would go! any suggestiong would be appreciated.....

I got mine in PC World Carrickmines today. I know that's a bit far but the sales guy said he'd gotten 8/9 of them in yesterday so they had a few left anyway.

You could try ringing your local Currys/PC World store? Or post in their forum here on Boards (Biz >Talk to) as their MD answers questions regularly and could check stock for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Has someone put another thread up somewhere about the playbook yet? Would also be interested!

The micro hdmi cable can be gotten for £2.99 (or cheaper even, I didn't look too hard:o) with free supersaver delivery. I got this the one below-
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0060AU5MW/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00
    The Snugg case at 99p keeps on coming in and out of stock so keep an eye on it
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054Z3XJQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01
    And the leather case I got at £5.94 delivered gets great reviews if you can't stretch to the official one which is over £20 from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005SC6X06/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No I haven't started the other thread yet. Later this evening. Re the dock I have it and I think it's great. It's expensive from blackberry but it might be cheaper from amazon or ebay. I've no issue with the dock (rapid charger) and it's at a nice angle for viewing (for me anyway). The charging issue is usually down to people not seating the device properly or dirty connectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've started the BlackBerry PlayBook discussion thread over here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056744166

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭murtyd17

Anyone know if this is still available in the airport for €160. Would anyone bought it advise against it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

I got a 32gb ( no 64gb ;-C ) one in the airport ( and a blackberry case all in for 168e ) and have to say that that so far I'am very impressed with it .

It meets all my needs ( email, browsing, reading and watching movies ). The screen picture is very sharp and with sideloading you can run some of the Anroid apps.

I think currys/pc world are also selling them off as well LINKY.

brendan

murtyd17 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is still available in the airport for €160. Would anyone bought it advise against it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

PCWorld seem to be out of the 32GB.

16GB is €145
    64GB still €179

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

You'd think they would be sold out at this stage. Is there a chance that the price will drop even further?

I wouldn't bank on it if you're thinking of getting one.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on it if you're thinking of getting one.

I have an iPad but was thinking of buying one as a present if the price dropped even more

Del007 wrote: »
    I have an iPad but was thinking of buying one as a present if the price dropped even more
    would the 16GB do? Great price when you compare with other similar offerings...

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    would the 16GB do? Great price when you compare with other similar offerings...

Not a massive price difference between that and the 64 gig so def worth paying out for the extra memory

Advertisement