Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 points ??

• 25-08-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Ok so its a really complicated question but lets just say i do seven subjects and honours maths is one of them. Lets say i decide not to count maths because my other six subjects are higher points do i still get an extra 25 points added onto my overall result or does maths have to be in my top six to get the 25 points ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ok so its a really complicated question but lets just say i do seven subjects and honours maths is one of them. Lets say i decide not to count maths because my other six subjects are higher points do i still get an extra 25 points added onto my overall result or does maths have to be in my top six to get the 25 points ??

No. Maths has to be in the top 6 subjects. eg, if I get 6 a1s in HL subjects and a D3 in HL maths, I get 600 points, not 625.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No the points are added onto your maths, not your total

E.g. if you do HL Maths and get a D3 which is 45 points, 25 is added to that so your points for Maths would be 70.

That 70 will only be counted in your top 6 grades if one of your grades is below a C1 (which is also 70 points).

Example 1:

English B3 - 75
    Irish B3 - 75
    Maths D3 - 70 (45+ 25)
    French B1 - 85
    Physics A2 - 90
    Construction - A1 - 100
    DCG A2 - 90

Maths would not be counted here because the points for maths are lower than the other 6

Example 2:

English B3 - 75
    Irish B3 - 75
    Maths D3 - 70 (45+ 25)
    French D1 - 55
    Physics A2 - 90
    Construction - A1 - 100
    DCG A2 - 90

Maths would be counted here because while it has a lower grade than French it gives higher points

Advertisement