Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine

Options
  • 25-08-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for a new washing machine which are good or bad there
    Kind of interested in Samsung or hotpoint or beko but heard bad reports about them
    So any advice be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Buy the cheapest one available, for example, this one for €195 at PowerCity: http://powercity.ie/?par=40-01-1010M2&pages=1&prod=1010M2&brands=UNIVERSAL&image=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Bosch or Bosch or Bosch....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Heard Bosch are good thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

My father is a landlord has used pretty much every brand in the last 15 years and the only machines that last are German made ones such as bosch and Siemens.

Never buy any British ones like Hoover candy they may seem cheap but never last 3-4 years and parts are more expensive than a new machine.

If you €800 buy a Miele. They are expensive my machine that does 3-4 washes a day is perfect after 10 years. They last a minimum of 20 years but Bosch are excellent value. Anything other than German made is false economy and wont last.

Also if you live in Dublin DID and Powercity tend to knock 10% off the sticker price and if buying the machine isnt urgent look at the irish times on a friday as DID often has weekends were they knock 15% off Washing machines/dryers

I get no thanks? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Oracle wrote: »
    I get no thanks? :(

Your appreciated Oracle.

Thanks everyone!! Who has replied

But I'm not looking for cheapest one that's good value good brand and last more than 1/2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Our landlord bought four second hand washer dryiers for something like seventy or eighty quid each,I know thier made in England,must be Hoover I think,anyway thier working fine for the last two years,granted they might be used only once or twice a week but still a mega bargain.

I have bought lots of different brands over the years, had good service and problems with them all. Then I bought the cheapest one and it works as well as the more expensive ones. Now I'd always buy the cheapest, the high prices and brand names are a huge con.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you're in Dublin check out www.baize.ie (nothing on website, stuff is priced in shop). They sell ex-diplay and lightly damaged goods. All new with full warranty. Picked up a bosch washing machine and dryer there myself (cheaper than anything in any store).

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

my washing machine is about to pack in after 12 years, its a Whirlpool and it's been brilliant. At least 6 loads per week and one house re-location. But I need a new one now, the bearings are going, it sounds awful. Is there any good buys out there or any recommendations? thx

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Dont buy a Whirlpool anyway!! Like yourself I had a Whirlpool for over 10 years, never had a problem- great machine. I did up my kitchen & as the Machine was so old & the rubber was almost perished, I decided to buy another Whirlpool. I have it just over a year. First I noticed the 1200 spin is so poor. Its impossible to spin hand washed items, the drum needs to be balanced with the weight. Just last week, it started making terrible noise when spinning, the engineer arrived, it needs a new DRUM. I am so so disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

I worked for whirlpool on a temp contract in the warehouse about 15 years ago.

The lads in there used roar laughing at the fools that bought them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I have an Indesit , we bought it second hand from the previous occupier when we moved into our first home 15 years ago. Still works perfectly fine and I don't know how long they had before we bought it. But I don't think any washing machines are made as well as they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Mine is Hoover I think, and I have it 5 years.
    It one that takes a huge wash , 10 kg I think.
    I have four kids.Mucky pups the lot of them.
    It also has a quick wash about 30 mins, which is great if clothes only need a freshen up, also a sportswash ,if they are covered in stains.
    You can adjust the time and temp of nearly every wash.

It cost about 460 euro I think in Harvey Normsns.
    Im happy enough with it.

Cathy
    ps, no need to Thank me, I lOVE sharing information.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

If you have the cash Miele. best pick in the long run by far worth every cent look no further.

If you are looking for something cheaper Panasonic or Bosch.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

My Whirlpool needed a new DRUM (after 18 months). I don't know what he called the problem but basically the full machine was replaced. It wasn't from all the work this occured!! I am not a bit happy with it but I got the job done under guarantee & its working fine but I will never buy any Whirlpool item again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I have only ever bought Whirlpool, 8 years parts, repair service is very good.

Buy cheap and repent at leisure when it comes to these kind of goods in my opinion.

Advertisement