Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC Taking up Subjects ADVICE!!!

• 25-08-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Heya i done my LC in June gone out.. i got my results but did not get the points i wanted... i was debating about taking up Biology but am afraid of not getting it covered in a year!? any words of wisdom for me be much appreciated??!! i am repeating Maths,English,Geography,History and German... Dropping Irish & DCG (technical Graphics)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jamiered81

I am just after repeating my Leaving cert and took up 2 new subjects. I got an A2 in Home Economics and a B1 in Business. I found both nice courses especially business. It's such a short course and there's a lot of repetition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

Biology is a long course so you're right to be concerned. Do you want to do biology just for points or is it a requirement for your course? If it's the former I would advise against doing biology there are several other subjects which I feel are easier if you only have one year to cover the material. If it's the latter I'd say go for it if you only need a HLC3 you could easily manage that in one year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I have said this on many threads, and the mods probably think that I hate English at this stage or something, but would you think of dropping English? If you have met the requirements than there is no need to repeat it. You'd have to do 4 or 5 new poets, 3 new comparative texts and Macbeth. It's a heavy workload. And, subjects such as biology are much much more enjoyable (diagrams and colours etc. :P )

If you are musical, pick up music as it is a relatively sshort course and very easy to pass.
    What about Accounting?
    Business/Economics would probably be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

biology is tricky in a year we barely got it done ourselves last year.

maybe accounting or economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Dont do Biology even with 2 years of hard work people who are excellent at it only got a B1 and I only got a B2 even though it took up more time than my choice subjects combined.

Business is a handy although lengthy subject. There is no thinking just learning and tbh I pretty much only studied it in 6th year and got an A1. Its really structured exam. Look at the marking schemes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Hi guys, getting a bit worried now looking at this.

The higher level subjects I have are:

Business
    Economics
    Accounting
    Geography
    Home Economics
    Biology

Maths (was going to give it a shot, if not able for it would drop it)

I'm a bit worried about Biology being such a big course and I have only one year. I don't want my other subjects to suffer.
    The thing is I would not be that musical as I don't have an ear for music.
    What is involved in Music? Is there something like listening to music and you have to pick out things or?
    I could learn the tin whistle. ?!I'm guessing this would have to be to a very high standard.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shauna8494

I think business or ag science would be good choices :)

Advertisement