Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating!?

• 25-08-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Ok so I just did my leaving cert in June and got 410 points!
    I didn't really know what I wanted to do so nursing was all i put down on my cao!
    So come Monday I got offered psych nursing in Trinity and I thought I was happy enough with that so i accepted!
    The days after all i was having was doubts about the course and was not sure if i wanted to it..
    I don't want to risk dropping out and wasting money!
    I'm kinda considering repeating and going for primary teaching next year as that's what I see myself doing but knew I wouldn't get it this year..
    I did TY so i'm 19?!
    anybody have any advice on repeating?
    I would def not do maths,french or english as I want to subjects that would be easier to get a high grade in.. only thing is our school doesn't have much subjects so I'd have to take them up completely on my own..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Im in the same boat. Im considering repeating im 19 yo. But I look at it as an extra year of school to do something you really wanna do for the next 4 years. I want to do BESS in TCD but got business and German in DCU which I never want and we I finally decided on monday i wanted to repeat it was like a huge load off my chest.

If you leave in Dublin you can repeat in somewhere like Rathmines or Plunketts.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Yeah it's act a hard decison but I think repeating will be worth it in the long run!
    It's only a year really and hopefully it'll fly:P
    Are you gonna take up nw subjects?
    No i'm from the Midlands :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

Hey guys! I was 19 when I went back to repeat this time last year. So I'm now 20 and going to college for the first time but trust time it was well worth it. The year really does fly and it really doesn't matter what age you are if you get to work at something you will love long term. If ye're thinking about your subjects I took up ag science and got an A1 in one year so I would really recommend it. Business is also another really good one year subject and home economics, geography and accounting are also supposed to be good for repeats. The very best of luck to ye both and feel free to PM me if ye have any other questions about repeating.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Everyone on Boards is like it will fly and like this year I was thinking it christmas its ages way and before i knew it was June. I dont know whether to take up a new subject because my worse grade was D1 english and I was expecting an B1 and everyone in my class got terrible grades. But a weak student got an A2 so I dont know WTF was going on.

Like I will view my scripts and see whether to drop somethings. But in some subjects I dont know what went wrong.

I live in Dublin so finding a school that does repeats is so easy like there is one 15 mins walk or one thats on the other half of the city but is one my bus route anyway.

Have you called your old school to see if its possible to repeat there?

Ah yeah the year will fly once we put the heads down from the start!:rolleyes:

Yeah i'm thinking of picking up ag and just getting a good revise book..which did you use btw ?:O
    Im thinking of doing biology, business, irish, geog, ag and i need one other :/
    emm nope I didnt ring the school or anything yet but i'm sure it'd be fine because everyone always gets to repeat if they want :)
    have you organised yours?
    the thoughts of going back is actually sick :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Hey! I am 20 and I am leaving my course to repeat for my first choice.

I wish I had repeated instead of taking the first course offered.
    I am dreading it but once you get into the swing of it.... you'll be laaaaughin :D And it is a gamble but at least you can give it your best shot and if you get it, it was well worth the extra wait ;)

What course were you doing and want to do ? :)
    Yep it sure will be hell, be foook it it will be worth it this time next year :)
    Are you gonna go to a repeat school ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Repeating isn't easy, trust me and considering you did well, it will be hard to boost it by that much, I mean I did terrible the first time, I didn't study etc.. only got like 285, repeated and got 425 and the course I wanted. If you put the effort in, it'll pay off, but Primary school teaching is around 480 points, to go up by 80 from 400 odd points won't be easy.

Yeah but the thing is i did feck all study this year was very laid back about it all!
    Only put my head down about a month before! and the course I want is 465 :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Hey i am in the exact same situation as you :) i got 410 and i wanted a course for 470 or i wanted nursing too . I am repeating this year for the first time. I see it as my second chance so it will be really hard but hopefully worh it.

• Advertisement

amyleaving wrote: »
    Hey i am in the exact same situation as you :) i got 410 and i wanted a course for 470 or i wanted nursing too . I am repeating this year for the first time. I see it as my second chance so it will be really hard but hopefully worh it.
    Omg at least I'm not the only one.. What course do you wanna do now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

rosiee wrote: »
    Omg at least I'm not the only one.. What course do you wanna do now ?
    yea exactly :), i want to do home ec teaching , its 470 and if not nursing , do you think you will go for primary ?

Oh nice!! Yeap I'm really wana do Primary now, if i dont get it I'll act die :eek: .. are you just going back to your school ? :)
    best of luck to ya :D

rosiee wrote: »
    What course were you doing and want to do ? :)
    Yep it sure will be hell, be foook it it will be worth it this time next year :)
    Are you gonna go to a repeat school ?

I was doing Arts and it wasn't for me. I want to do General Nursing :)
    I was gonna do it alone but I'll go bonkers being in the house all year so I'm off to an RLC program to keep myself in routine!

amyleaving wrote: »

preach it sister :D

Advertisement