Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MultiFit Cat Pouches

• 25-08-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here give these to their cats?
    We used to give Felix in jelly to them but they occasionally turned up their noses at it.
    They go absolutely nuts for the MultiFit in jelly however.
    We also feed them Hills dry food in the morning and at night. The wet stuff is for their dinner.
    The problem seems to be that one of them has a dose of the runs from eating this stuff. As a result, cleaning the litter tray is extremely unpleasant.
    I might just have to go back to Felix.
    Anyone else seen their cats have an adverse reaction to MultiFit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Did you change the food over gradually? Could just be a case of new food upsetting the digestive system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Considering I work on behalf of the brand I can't say anything bad about it ;)

Multifit is the competitor for the likes of whiskas/kitekat/etc and would be considered in the 'Generic' step in the quality ladder (Hi5 being premium, select gold/real nature being super permium)

Multifit however have a lot less added fats/salts/crude ash/additives in the food and typically have better ingredients. Think of where the brand orientated from - Germany - they know cats, and are a big fan of animal health, the food is much better than the other generic, well known shop brands, but is cheaper due to it being the shops own brand.

Multifit wet should be supplemented with dry however, you want to keep good dental health in the cat, there is also added taurine in the senior dry foods which is brilliant for the kidney and liver health. The multifit cans are good, better quality than what you would find in similiar products, and you may notice that even the look and smell of the food is better than other competitive brands.

But like I said, I'm just tooting my own horn for the brand I am fully trained in and that I know well!

A far as the runs go, I would suspect the ingredients, perhaps the cat is intolerant to a specific ingredient, is there a difference in the 'meat' used in the multifit over the felix? The most common intolerance cats and dogs have are to chicken protiens, I would suggest try the cat on a strict no chicken diet to see if maybe that is the problem.

every cat is different!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thanks Jenny. I had been under the impression the MultiFit was a superior brand anyway so was puzzled why it was causing the runs.
    I might stop giving the chicken one to the "patient" and see if that helps.
    Alternatively, he might have to go back to Felix!

SillyMango - I tried to move him over gradually. He had a UTI a few months ago and was put on the Hills C/D wet food along with the C/D dry.
    I had to take him off that wet food because he was always vomiting.

I then moved all three cats onto MultiFit in gravy by accident and the litter trays were awful! Moved them onto the jelly pouches and two of the cats are happy enough and their stools aren't too bad (still quite "wet") while the third is vile.

They must not be accustomed to decent food! :D

Advertisement