Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ar Aghaidh Libh & Dreimire

• 25-08-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Just wondering whether it would be worth getting Ar Aghaidh Libh for oral work and Dreimire for poetry/prose? My teacher doesn't really give oral notes (ie phrases etc) and I have heard that its good but I don't want to spend the money if it isn't brilliant. Likewise for Dreimire.
    Would you recommend it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Wouldnt reccomend ar aghaidh libh. I thought it was rubbish. Waste of money,i never used it once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Same as the above post but for Dreimire. So pointless. The notes are just...irrelevant. You'd expect a condensed summary or something but it's just like a second book. I think part of the problem is there's no translation; obviously it's an Irish thing but it's hard to use it because there's no easy way to figure things out if you're stuck. Also, we looked at an An Triail answer and it was completely wrong and factually incorrect (as in it was talking about how it emulates court TV shows, which weren't around at the time).

Honestly with poetry/prose I think all you need is to know what's going on in the story. No need to learn off themes etc, just relate the question on the day, it's all I did and I got on grand, no reason you shouldn't too. :)

Advertisement