Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who saw Elvis Presley ?

• 25-08-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Are there many people in Ireland who actually saw Elvis when he was alive in a performance somewhere ? If so.....where and when....& what was the occasion ? I'm inclined to think that very very few had that privilege but 'twould be nice to see if it is otherwise. No doubt we can deduct the usual 10% plus jokers who saw him in the chip shop at the corner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Glendambo

I don't think he ever performed in Europe during his career so if anyone in Ireland saw him it would most likely have been in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Glendambo wrote: »
    I don't think he ever performed in Europe during his career so if anyone in Ireland saw him it would most likely have been in the US.

Well, I know that a number of the show biz people here claim to have seen him in Las Vegas. Further, quite a few maintain that the best Elvis concert was the gig in Hawaii around 1976 or 77 which was a huge affair and it would be interesting to know if there is anybody from Ireland who was there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

You are probably thinking about the Aloha from Hawaii gig in 73 that was, i think, the first satellite broadcast of a gig worldwide. I don't think that was the best of shows, the rehearsal gig he did the night before was a lot better and is available somewhere on the net. Would have liked to seen him around 70-72. Wouldn't imagine there would be a lot here who seen him live. There used to be a couple of radio shows on sunday evenings about 7 I think on radio na life, not sure if its still on, i'd say a few of those listening in might have seen him live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

shergar?
    lord lucan?

Seems like very few Irish people have ever seen Elvis so or are they too shy to tell us about it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 featherlite

I never saw him but I heard he's better live.

Well I actually saw him four times in Moran's Red Cow Hotel 2 years ago on the same night and each time he looked just a little bit different. At one stage that night I saw him getting into a 4x4 Land Rover with a Khaaavin (CN) Reg Number and he was accompanied by a busty boozy bird that he kept calling "Honey". She looked like she was straight out of a part in a "Big Fat Gypsy Weddin' " show.
    Just wonderin' if that was the one he lied to....."Honey, I lied when I said I loved you.../". I just know he's hanging around somewhere waiting to be rediscovered.

I heard when the King went to the dentists to get his crowns he just said "Thankyouverymusch",but I'd say he's better live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I saw him in 1974 in Houston Texas when I was 4. Willie nelson supported him. Dam thumbs down was added by mistake please ignore it.

Well if I really saw him live I'd imagine it to be amazing !!!

• Advertisement

Well if I really saw him live I'd imagine it to be amazing !!!

But to have seen him dead, you would have to have been in Graceland before they closed the coffin ?

Ha ha but imagine seeing the '68 comeback - that would be somethin' else.

"Well, I don't like crazy music....don't like rockin' bands....just wanna go to a movie show and sit there holdin' hands....you're so squareeeee.....baby, I don't care "

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Lads, Humour Forum is
    > thataway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement