Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/cheap 12volt Satellight box receiver?

• 25-08-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Got digital areal for camper, and 12v tv, now looking for recomendations of satellite boxes that will run off 12v also... any suggestions links much appreciated :) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blokarter

I have a 12 volt sky box which I bought on an auction site but rarely use it as I added a freesat box a few months ago.

The one for Sky is a Pace 1000 also know as Javelin or sky minibox.

If you prefer going down the freesat route look for Humax or Zehnder.

I hope this helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The lidl 65/12 (I think) is really good.
    It's silvercrest brand... The newer ones have a totally different software/user interface which is real easy to use.
    The older ones were terrible( so don't be put off by peoples opinions)... I happen to have both of them so I know!!
    It's also really compact which is handy for the van.
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

martyc5674 wrote: »
    The lidl 65/12 (I think) is really good.
    It's silvercrest brand... The newer ones have a totally different software/user interface which is real easy to use.
    Is that from their "camping" satellite set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Yes it is...theres a similar receiver in their home installation set but i cant be sure its 12V
    Marty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Yes it is...theres a similar receiver in their home installation set but i cant be sure its 12V
    Marty
    Thanks. Still mulling over TV/ Sat options, with ASO I've a few different ways to go with various TV's needing to be replaced in the house!

• Advertisement
Advertisement