Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Holy Mass' at the Friary and lazy Gardai

Options
  • 25-08-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

It drives me mad when I pass the Friary Church when mass is on. Why the hell can't the Gardai look out of the bloody station and see the state of the parking in the area?

Are Catholics capable of either walking or parking? Some of these holy Catholics think it perfectly acceptable to park on the traffic islands on the middle of the road??? If it's concidered to be dangerous and illegal to do this the rest of the week- why is it acceptable during mass?

This evening some idiot parked their car on the corner at Mc Entee Ave..They had partially blocked the damn junction!!! The rest of the cars also restrict visibility.

All the bloody Gardai have to do is put cones out where the double yellow lines are.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There isn't a huge amount of parking in the area but I'd agree that it does seem to be a total case of abandonment when I've passed. I've always gotten through without any fuss despite the colourful car parking habits.
    axel rose wrote: »
    All the bloody Gardai have to do is put cones out where the double yellow lines are.

heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Its the same all over town, parking at the schools is even worse and don't get me started on parking at the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

There isn't a huge amount of parking in the area but I'd agree that it does seem to be a total case of abandonment when I've passed. I've always gotten through without any fuss despite the colourful car parking habits.

In the area? You mean within yards of the chapel! It's Sunday for crying out loud! There's plenty of parking all over town. Dublin St? Stapleton Place? The Dundalk Shopping centre, front and back? Course it means they'd have to walk a bit and we can't have that, can we? It is a disgrace quite frankly.

Why not e-mail the parish priest or write an old fashioned letter, if anyone is genuinely upset about it? Better yet, ring the police, report it. Take a photo and write to the Argus. There's plenty of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The way people park in that area is bad at the best of times.cars parked on double yellow all the time,no law beside the Gaurd station.Protestant parking is as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Protestant parking is as bad

I think we can safely rule out the idea that it's got anything to do with religion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mod9maple wrote: »
    In the area? You mean within yards of the chapel! It's Sunday for crying out loud! There's plenty of parking all over town. Dublin St? Stapleton Place? The Dundalk Shopping centre, front and back? Course it means they'd have to walk a bit and we can't have that, can we? It is a disgrace quite frankly.

Why not e-mail the parish priest or write an old fashioned letter, if anyone is genuinely upset about it? Better yet, ring the police, report it. Take a photo and write to the Argus. There's plenty of options.

There are dozens of parking spaces at the back of the church beside the youth club - never full. And more directly across the road at Harp!

Advertisement