Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding an extra year to my degree?

Options
  • 25-08-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm currently a UL student and was due to go abroad for the next semester, but for medical reasons I've had to cancel. I will be able to take classes in UL instead, but still really want to go on study abroad. Because of the structure of my course, I can't go abroad during another semester. Going to a foreign university when it's not part of an exchange program would be far too expensive. I was just wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible for me to add and extra year to my degree by registering with UL for an extra year (before 4th year), and then going abroad on an exchange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm currently a UL student and was due to go abroad for the next semester, but for medical reasons I've had to cancel. I will be able to take classes in UL instead, but still really want to go on study abroad. Because of the structure of my course, I can't go abroad during another semester. Going to a foreign university when it's not part of an exchange program would be far too expensive. I was just wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible for me to add and extra year to my degree by registering with UL for an extra year (before 4th year), and then going abroad on an exchange?
    Could you not have taken this year off and come back next year to go out?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

Jester252 wrote: »
    Could you not have taken this year off and come back next year to go out?

Due to personal reasons that is not going to be possible. I would not cope very well with an entire year off! I took one off before I started college and it went pretty badly.

Due to personal reasons that is not going to be possible. I would not cope very well with an entire year off! I took one off before I started college and it went pretty badly.

All right then how about failing this year

That wouldn't look very good on my transcript!

That wouldn't look very good on my transcript!

Well there your options

• Advertisement

It looks like what I need them to do is register me as a student while allowing me to defer a year. I've talked to SAA, but they are sending me 'round in circles about who I should talk to.

Advertisement