If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New set up

Options
  • 25-08-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭

Looking for help/confirmation,

I was speaking to Kenny today and explained that I am building a house and want to just confirm the set up I have in mind will work. However, Kenny or one of the team might have another suggestion when you see my set up as I have planned....

The house is currently being first fixed by my electrician. I have a space upstairs dedicated to housing all my media sources. I have the house wired with CAT6 all coming back to this central location. Each TV point has 3 - 4 CAT6 cables going to it with a number of data ports around the house too.

I want to have 5.1 with my TV in my living room. The only equipment in this room will be the TV and speakers. Thinking of connecting it to an Onkyo TX NR515 via HDMI that will use 2 cables on the CAT6 network to transmit the HDMI signal.

The Onkyo will be located remotely along with SKY/Blueray etc and these will be controlled via IR through the HDMI/CAT6 transmitters.

The kitchen will use the remaining two channels on the Onkyo as a 2nd zone for audio. This will be controlled via android app over wifi.

The bedroom will have a TV connected to the Onkyo's 2nd HDMI output using 2 CAT6 connections to transmit the signal and IR to control the source. No 5.1 in the bedroom (yet).

For access to my NAS music in the bedroom I think the SONOS Connected Amp is my best bet at the minute as suggested by Kenny today unless another AVR can do what the Onkyo is doing in the kitchen but allow a third zone for the bedroom.

Any thoughts if this is a viable solution or recommendations are very welcome. Hoping the house will be ready by Christmas, so hopefully will get up to Belfast then to do some shopping:D

Thanks in advance

Vintage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Looks like the ONKYO TXNR818 will do the third zone with out the need for the Sonos unit, is this right?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.