Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Viewing - what to look out for

Options
  • 25-08-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm starting to look at some properties and would appreciate if people to give me some pointers for a list of things to consider when viewing the property.

I am looking for a list of things to consider and also things which may be issues or cause problems either in terms of location, house style or structure etc.

Anything would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have a check list of questions before you even waste your time going to view the property......

What property type is it (House, Apartment, terrace etc)
    Why is it being sold (I don't want to buy next door to aggressive neighbours etc)
    Is it freehold or leasehold
    If leasehold- what are the annual fees, and is there a management company involved
    If there is a management company involved- what is the status of the management company- and what has it done for residents over the past 4-5 years
    Is there a garden
    Is it suitable for children
    Can I see myself living here indefinitely (aka over 10-15 years)
    If not- keep looking, or else simply make a conscious decision to rent

etc etc etc- and this is even before you see the property........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Check if there's flood risk?

This one might sound trivial but if you're into your internet maybe check what's available and if it's likely to be upgraded in the future?

Advertisement