Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

s galaxy s 3

• 25-08-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Lads got one of these today and am very interested in finding out basically if its sim locked, also i checked for any updates and it said none available but i know there have been several firmware updates, so what can i do to get these ota updates onto my phone?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

srdb20 wrote: »
    Lads got one of these today and am very interested in finding out basically if its sim locked, also i checked for any updates and it said none available but i know there have been several firmware updates, so what can i do to get these ota updates onto my phone?

Cheers

To check to see if your Galaxy S3 i9300 is fully unlocked,

press *#7465625# from the phone dialer

A menu will be displayed that will resemble the following...

1. [ ] Network lock
    2. [ ] Subset lock
    3. [ ] SP lock

If everything is OFF or DISABLED, your phone's network restrictions are all off, so it is fully unlocked.

Not sure about the software upgrade I'm sure it will come shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

for updates, get a laptop/pc
    google kies
    install it (100Mb download)

connect phone to pc/laptop

install drivers it says to.

kies says update is available. make sure phone is charged >80% (needs to be) yada yada

click install.

away you go with the fairies.
    main update coming in few days.

in future use the existing galaxy s3 threads, there are currently 3 open without this one

answer to your other question is in the above post

/closed
    EDIT: sorry for backseat modding :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

srdb20 wrote: »
    and it said none available but i know there have been several firmware updates, so what can i do to get these ota updates onto my phone?

Cheers

Well maybe your phone is up to date. Go to System Settings & About Device. Mine has had two updates and currently has Baseband Version of I9300BULG2

I didn't need Kies at all (and I'm glad as I think that software is craaaap). They came down over the air.

I'm with Vodafone. The updates are limited by the network. You don't get an update as soon as it's available. Your carrier has to test it before pushing it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

LH1 is the latest update via kies. some modem fixes in the latest one.
    last major nice one was one which included brightness in the pulldown bar which is very handy..once you have that dont worry about updates until jellybean is officially announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

kenyard wrote: »
    LH1 is the latest update via kies. some modem fixes in the latest one.
    last major nice one was one which included brightness in the pulldown bar which is very handy..once you have that dont worry about updates until jellybean is officially announced

Lads I'm on xxLF2, with emobile, have managed to root and Cwm recovery on it but I'm wondering how do I get the latest firmware onto the device, nothing ota... Is there anything I can do to get around this network block to allow me to download the official updates ota. Thanks

Also can I update ota even if I've rooted the phone and have clock work mod recovery installed?

Edit just re flashed back to stock again but still no updates ahhhh

Any and all help appreciated Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Your best bet would be to download the stock unbranded firmware (links over on XDA) and flash it through Odin. All instructions and downloads can be found in the S3 General forum on XDA.

If I was you I'd wait a few days though as the official Jelly Bean firmware is expected to be released on the 29th.

Thanks captain Morgan
    Just one other thing, if I flash the stock firmware on xda, will I then be able to receive further updates ota, or still be relying on network provider or do I have to revert back to original rom and recovery that came with the phone every time to update, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement