Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avfctoms £10-£10,000 challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Good luck looks good fun that, you should probably bank at 1 grand though if you get that far, if you lost after that you'd be raging.

Might try something similar. I'd go for Rangers if it were my money.

i think if i hit a grand il bank half

decided bet 14

berwick rangers v rangers

rangers to win
    odds 13/100 stake £103.55 returns £117.01

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Another suggestion

sport recife match (brazil) under 4.5 goals

thanks rangers hate u with a passion right now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Avfctom wrote: »
    thanks rangers hate u with a passion right now

Lesson learned here I think, Rangers are not to be trusted away. (Double chance on the opposition once Rangers go a goal up might be a way to go this year)

• Advertisement

knew i should of stuck to my guns and had arsenal or draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Hard luck on bombing out.. I have tried a similar approach a few times (currently have worked 10e up to 76e on similar priced markets) but I usually bomb out early enough. I did manage to get to around 280e at one stage before losing the bank.

What strikes me though is that any time I try this approach, even if using very short prices such as 1.04 (which equates to around 25/1) it seems to me that the bet comes very close to losing quite a number of times, and that it might be a better approach to be laying the 1.04's and expecting more than one to come through in 25 attempts.

For example, if a match was at 1-1 after 72minutes, and Under 4.5 Goals was available at 1.04 or thereabouts, then Lay at 1.05, and with sensible selections maybe this will pay out a profit for say every 15 attempts... This is speculative of course, but is an approach I might try myself, rather than hanging on for dear life with a 1.05 bet which almost blows up. Of course this approach would be slowww... it would require more time to actually get a return and a larger starting bank...

started again

bet 1

mardy fish v soeda

mardy fish to win
    odds 1/9 stake £20 returns £22.22

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

jArgHA wrote: »
    Hard luck on bombing out.. I have tried a similar approach a few times (currently have worked 10e up to 76e on similar priced markets) but I usually bomb out early enough. I did manage to get to around 280e at one stage before losing the bank.

What strikes me though is that any time I try this approach, even if using very short prices such as 1.04 (which equates to around 25/1) it seems to me that the bet comes very close to losing quite a number of times, and that it might be a better approach to be laying the 1.04's and expecting more than one to come through in 25 attempts.

For example, if a match was at 1-1 after 72minutes, and Under 4.5 Goals was available at 1.04 or thereabouts, then Lay at 1.05, and with sensible selections maybe this will pay out a profit for say every 15 attempts... This is speculative of course, but is an approach I might try myself, rather than hanging on for dear life with a 1.05 bet which almost blows up. Of course this approach would be slowww... it would require more time to actually get a return and a larger starting bank...
    Been backing doubles and trebles today in the tennis with 1/25s,1/33s and 1/100s its actually surprising how much you sweat over these untouchable odds.

jArgHA wrote: »

Been backing doubles and trebles today in the tennis with 1/25s,1/33s and 1/100s its actually surprising how much you sweat over these untouchable odds.

yh tennis is a risky game can change so quick but I find watching in play then making a decision

• Advertisement

started again

bet 1

mardy fish v soeda

mardy fish to win
    odds 1/9 stake £20 returns £22.22

easy winner

bet 2

marin cilic v matosevic
    cilic to win 1/9
    stake £22.22 returns £ 24.69

bet 2

marin cilic v matosevic
    cilic to win 1/9
    ffs regretting this now down a set

bet 2

marin cilic v matosevic
    cilic to win 1/9
    ffs regretting this now down a set
    fuming looks like hes two sets down dont see him winning from here such a lazy player

ridiculous tennis wont be part of the challenge anymore just football too unpredictable 12 seed being taken apart by a nobody

get in didunt see that winning made hard work of it bet 2 wins

after some research fancy tomsk in russia league 2 starting at 1pm

bet 3
    tomsk v shinnik yaroslavl
    tomsk to win
    odds 7/20 stake £24.69 returns £33.33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Was just looking at that myself :D

Was just looking at that myself :D

nice price think its worth it i dont like sticking to 1/10 or around that mark because thats all u look for then sometimes pick a bet for the sake of it as in its 1/10 it surely cant lose so i look for a decent bet do a bit of research hopefully be a good bet considering i was very lucky with cillic last night and that was a back for the odds defintley need to rethink my stratergy in the long run

im also thinking about starting another challenge but being patient only one bet a day at 1/10 with proper research as it would take 73 days to reach £10,000 not bad for just over two months work lol

after some research fancy tomsk in russia league 2 starting at 1pm

bet 3
    tomsk v shinnik yaroslavl
    tomsk to win
    odds 7/20 stake £24.69 returns £33.33

great start 1-0 after 4 minutes

• Advertisement

if this comes in im looking at doubling up msk zilina 1/8 and levadia tallin 2/9 kicks off at 4pm and 4.45pm

if this comes in im looking at doubling up msk zilina 1/8 and levadia tallin 2/9 kicks off at 4pm and 4.45pm

possibly a treble with flora tellin

yes 2-0 easy easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

yes 2-0 easy easy

Haha, good spot, I just went with DNB to be safe for my tenner log, but still looking good!

Haha, good spot, I just went with DNB to be safe for my tenner log, but still looking good!

yh i wanted them to score a goal but william hill didunt have any markets where only offering win-draw-win

2-1 maybe not so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Going by the Rball stats, Tomsk aren't having too good a shake of this one, methinks goals may have been the bet on this one

winner what next hmmm

bet 4

spartak nalchik v petrosest petersburg

spartak nalchik to score a goal
    odds 1/6 stake £33.33 returns £38.88

• Advertisement

bet 4

spartak nalchik v petrosest petersburg