Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weirdest thing youve ever seen...

• 26-08-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Well whats the weirdest thing you have ever seen happen right infront of your eyes....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

A waterfall in my sitting room. Granted I was on mushrooms at the time, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

It would have been on tele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Just seen 1 man 1 jar :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

Saw and old man driving a micra up the wrong side of a duel carriage way in Cork last week wish I had bought a dash cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Was watching the late late show one night, when low and behold a portrait of some naked oul one was shown... puberts and all.

I never did finish my candy floss that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This thread

Also was on my way home one evening when I seen an elderly gentleman with a long beard smoking a pipe driving his car, with his dog sitting up front... both staring, was very eerie:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Was watching the late late show one night, when low and behold a portrait of some naked oul one was shown... puberts and all.

I never did finish my candy floss that night.

That would be Nell McCafferty I'd say. What has been seen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Define weird.

I've seen a friend's father shot dead in front of me.
    I've seen a man gamble a large five figure sum and lose it in a matter of seconds.
    I've seen someone attend an academic lecture in full plate armour.
    I've seen a woman offer sex for drugs.
    I've seen Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley cracking up laughing together while their flunkies looked on in disgust.
    I've seen someone who had inserted a padlock through their bell-end.
    I've seen a gorilla's paw used as an ashtray.
    I've seen a six year old with no legs or hands working in the streets of Cairo selling hankies.
    All of these were weird to me in one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

On the internet: that video where the Asian girl puts the weird fish things in the other Asian girls butt with a funnel. No nice.

In real life: someone picking berries off a rat infested bush and eating them there and then. Rotten.
    I also saw someone who was off their face eating mud in a field. Gas night! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I saw two birds riding on a ditch.
    By two birds I mean the feathered kind, think it was two crows.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    That would be Nell McCafferty I'd say. What has been seen...

It was indeed , horrible horrible thing for anyone to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

A line of bright lights (orbs) floating above a nearby mountain outside the pub one summer evening but not yet dark back in the seventies. I called others out who saw it too who thought it was some natural phenomenon? No idea what they were.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Define weird.

I've seen a man gamble a large five figure sum and lose it in a matter of seconds.
    I've seen Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley cracking up laughing together while their flunkies looked on in disgust.
    I've seen a six year old with no legs or hands working in the streets of Cairo selling hankies.
    We have a fcuking winner in CR folks. :)

I've seen all sorts of mad guff. I'e even seen "ghosts". Thrice. And I don't believe in ghosts. There ya have it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I dunno about weirdest but for me:
    Saw someone pass out on the path, saw someone else go up to them, lean down, pull out a needle in the unconcious person's arm, leave, then a few minutes later saw them injecting around in a laneway.

On the internet: that video where the Asian girl puts the weird fish things in the other Asian girls butt with a funnel. No nice.

WHAT???? are you serious????

jesus on a moped...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jane.f

I was on holiday in America , L.A. , went into a piercing parlour to get my tounge pierced and there was this middle aged man also there getting his pens pierced , i was kinda shocked that he would sit there in the middle of the shop with his nob out , but then again its L.A. I thought to myself , then i heard the piercer guy saying " sorry dude i cant do it like that he" I turned around and the guy had a huge erection , nobody in the place even seemed to think it was odd or strange that he was getting a hard on with a male pierced about to pierce his penis

Jake1 wrote: »

Never see it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

saw a fella drop dead on front of me with a heart attack a few years ago in the pub. he started a fit of coughing then dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Saw a local guy that lives near me that lost his legs in a fire, he was drunk out of his skull and taking a piss against a wall while standing up on his "stumps" his wheelchair nowhere to be seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I was in a record shop in Dublin, one of those places that sell vinyl albums!
    The was a big sign pointing to the stairs - Record your own track.
    While I was flicking through the albums in come 2 mime artists, white face, horizontal stripy shirts, the whole works. Silently one of them motions to the other, points to the sign, both start nodding and they run up the stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Glendambo

A naked lady farting on a chocolate cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Glendambo wrote: »
    That really is the icing on the cake.

Is that the cake farts video? I thought it was hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

YOU KNOW WHAT I LIKE THE MOST???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

When I was young an old man dead at the steering wheel of his car, he must have known his time was up because he had the foresight to pull in outside our athletics club.
    A family member with a gunshot wound in the leg.
    A lump of flesh about the size of a sirloin steak left in a crashed car after a fatal accident (we had to store the cars in our garden).
    A noose that some poor man used to hang himself neck skin still attached.
    A grown man so out of his head that he dropped his trousers and started to pleasure himself in front of group of about 10 other people.
    I am still traumatised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I once seen a man eat his own head. I think its safe to say I've seen it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Scioch wrote: »
    What the hell? Please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Working on a site in London,this Nigerian canteen lady hands her colleague a styrofoam cup and your wan takes a crap in it.:eek:
    About a dozen of us queueing up for a cup of tea saw this happening in the reflection of a shiny fridge.Straight away the site safety officer was called and dismissed the sh1tter but bizarrely the lady who handed her the cup kept her job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Went to a late night bar after work one morning at 6am and sometime after a guy walked in wearing a full body green and white gimp suit. Only eyes and mouth showing. He went to the bar and got a pint like normal.

KKkitty wrote: »

People will do anything to make it in Hollywood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

KKkitty wrote: »

Jake1 wrote: »

Never see it? :D

eh no. eugh :)

who even thinks if stuff like that?? what weirdo came up with that idea/

jaze.:eek:
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

When I went to China a few years back we were walking through a park and there was 2 dogs riding and this man standing over them watching with a big grin on his face...??

In spain I saw a family of 4 run over :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Wibbs wrote: »

I've seen all sorts of mad guff. I'e even seen "ghosts". Thrice. And I don't believe in ghosts. There ya have it.

Still haven't seen Dumbo, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mhigh86

Scioch wrote: »
    that's unbelievable...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

eh, once I saw a taxi driver indicate on a roundabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Saw an old lady get hit by a bus last Christmas. I was rooted to the spot for an hour, couldn't move. Saw the fire brigade come and jack the bus up so they could get her body out. I'll never ever forget that image as long as I live.

Weirdest thing I've seen that I found gross was my placenta. Yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

WhiteRoses wrote: »

Weirdest thing I've seen that I found gross was my placenta. Yuck.
    What?
    Did your mam produce it for you on your 18th?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Wibbs wrote: »

Ghosts but you don't believe in em? Eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

A star or what I though was a star, zig zagging across the sky and a ridiculous rate of speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Define weird.

I wanna have a pint with you .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 goingsolo

Maybe not weirdrest, but a funny one-
    Bout three years ago, saw a middle aged English man, after about eight pints too many, fall head first into the fire in my local...

All his buddies (equally drunk) grabbed him by the legs are pulled him out of the fire before tapping his head frantically to put his hair out. This at around 6 on Tuesday evening

Lost most of his hair, eyebrows. Solution? Pint please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

a man driving a scooter in Saigon, Vietnam with a pig sitting on his lap looking over his shoulder as if they do it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I was walking in Saint Annes park in the morning and some guy was sitting cross legged on a grass mound on his own playing the flute.

He was quite good.

A four legged hairy spider the size of a football that walked like a crab when I was having the DTs.

I do have these most amazing lucid dreams, some of the landscapes are truly other worldly, in one I once stood on Europa an Iceworld looking at the Jupiter eye.

Hmmmm Maybe I should see a psychologist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I got a Yorkie once and there was a Wispa inside the wrapper. Honest to god. A friend witnessed it and everything. They're not even made by the same company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I saw a monkey riding a bicycle in Vietnam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I am blind, why did you think it was ok to leave us in the cold.

Once I was walking through my local GAA field with a friend and we saw the whole field was covered in spiderweb, with thousands of threads of spider silk hanging in the air. It might have been spiders hatching from underground or trying to escape the waterlogged soil after the previous night's rain, but they were flying on threads of silk and the whole field was white with it. Definitely both the weirdest and coolest thing I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Once I was walking through my local GAA field with a friend and we saw the whole field was covered in spiderweb, with thousands of threads of spider silk hanging in the air. It might have been spiders hatching from underground or trying to escape the waterlogged soil after the previous night's rain, but they were flying on threads of silk and the whole field was white with it.

that could have been to evaporation(not spidewebs at all). When the sun is powerfull the rain evaporates and getz caught on the grass causing spiderweb like strings... i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement