Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weirdest thing youve ever seen...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Based on what I have seen here I have lived a very sheltered life!

Weirdest for me was back in the last century on the West Coast of the US. Went to Santa Cruz for the weekend and went on the lash as you do with a couple of Irish mates. Think it was early evening time we wandered into (quite possibly the only) Irish bar. We were the only ones there so pulled up three high stools at the bar and had chat a good laugh with the Bar Man (from Kansas).

Few beers later and while trying to read the 1916 Proclamation on the back of the bar (big mirror) I spotted a guy in full clown gear behind us throwing darts and supping a pint. Rightly assumed I was four winds, etc and nudged one of the mates who turned around with a 'WTF' to which Mr Clown, in a deep, deep Kerry accent asks us 'hows it cuttin lads?' at which point more beer was ordered and the rest of the night it a blur.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I once saw a man with no teeth eat a burger, It was funny and mildly disgusting at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

lil'bug wrote: »
    I once saw a man with no teeth eat a burger, It was funny and mildly disgusting at the same time

So did i... he ordered another one right after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I have a very definite memory of seeing Santa and his reindeer in the sky going across the moon. Weird!

I also remember seeing angles as a child which is even weirder. You'd wonder how the mind can play tricks with you like that. I seems insane.

When I close my eyes now I see some weird hallucination things. Often just shapes and patterns but every so often its a crazy string of events that I can sometimes manipulate. (No freak)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Once, I saw three coffins in the office at work. My eyes were telling me there were coffins, logic and common sense told me that we don't keep coffins in work. I was only able to deduce I was hallucinating.
    I wasn't hallucinating, the coffins were there - the builder who was fitting out the storey below us was doing a prank for Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Saw an albino gorilla smoking a fag in Barcalona zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

When I close my eyes now I see some weird hallucination things. Often just shapes and patterns but every so often its a crazy string of events that I can sometimes manipulate. (No freak)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

I get them all the time. It's great fun until I get scary images at night time :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

In NY a while back just strolling around, walked past this shop front type window. There was a small room and in it there was a band playing who could barely all fit in

The lead singer was a very elderly lady wearing a glitzy dress. She was giving it socks. Shocked by the absurdity of what I was witnessing, I realised the lady had started to beckon me in. And there was a little sign in the window saying "come and join us".

I ran away. Very very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The highlights of the Bohs vs Shels match :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mad Mary Dunne (aka that looper who used to dance in the middle of O'Connell Street)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__5zMIWCUIvA/TVHiFuUY-1I/AAAAAAAAAXs/iHYq2k0jeh0/s1600/23543_317191272127_712017127_3453854_1879323_n.jpg

also this in Japan

Ice Cream

no that's not Raspberry & Mint flavoured, it's Sweet Potato & Green Tea flavoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I am blind, why did you think it was ok to leave us in the cold.

You'll just have to wait until your dog's in heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I also remember seeing angles as a child which is even weirder. You'd wonder how the mind can play tricks with you like that. I seems insane.

Sounds too obtuse to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sounds too obtuse to be true.

ah yes Ted, a cute child as I recall...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Two things I have seen come to mind ( both in China as it happens )

1) We were driving past where they were building a new motorway tunnel, and a guy is on a push bike , with a bamboo pole on which are hanging two large barrels of boiling tar / pitch !

2) Hoisting a a/c unit onto a 2nd floor , they have a forklift fully extended , onto which is loaded a forklift also fully extended , and the AC unit is on the second forklift.

Mad , Health and Safety is non-existent .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I saw kid with no eyes, he plays piano at the war museum in Saigon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I saw this weird thing on tv a few times now...It had the the body of a woman but the face of a horse! I think it was called Sarah Jessica Parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

This thread

Always one gobsh!te isn't there? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I seen my future, it's grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

I was walking to work early one morning still half asleep. I was going around the corner and saw there was an elephant at the entrance to the park I walk through.

I thought I was still dreaming.

Turns out a circus was being set up in the park and they just let the elephant out for a wander!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

BlimpyBoy wrote: »
    I was walking to work early one morning still half asleep. I was going around the corner and saw there was an elephant at the entrance to the park I walk through.

I thought I was still dreaming.

Turns out a circus was being set up in the park and they just let the elephant out for a wander!

That's up there with the time I was driving to work past Clover Hill Prison , and saw a camel grazing in the field across the road from the prison, again it was a circus , but a serious double take !!

I went to see Darren Brown, that chap makes me sh1t green I have no idea how he does what he does. Then he even tell you how he did it and I still have no idea.

A world class magician/performer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Colmustard wrote: »
    I went to see Darren Brown, that chap makes me sh1t green I have no idea how he does what he does.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

I went to see Darren Brown, that chap makes me sh1t green I have no idea how he does what he does. Then he even tell you how he did it and I still have no idea.

A world class magician/performer.

Did he make you drink the glass of vinegar?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

In Stephen's Green (the park, not the shopping centre) with the missus one day last summer, just happened to look up and THERE:

A man in a wheelchair being pulled along by 5 or 6 jack russells running on leashes! It was incredibly surreal, he was going at some speed too!

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

SuperS54 wrote: »
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate.
    its actually wouldn,t believe true

In Stephen's Green (the park, not the shopping centre) with the missus one day last summer, just happened to look up and THERE:

A man in a wheelchair being pulled along by 5 or 6 jack russells running on leashes! It was incredibly surreal, he was going at some speed too!

I power walk along Dollymount for exercise, I have seen people exercise their dog from a leash while sitting in their cars driving up the road to the beach.

I kid you not, the lazy bastards, but to their credit they are obviously responsible dog lovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

kenco wrote: »
    Based on what I have seen here I have lived a very sheltered life!

Weirdest for me was back in the last century on the West Coast of the US. Went to Santa Cruz for the weekend and went on the lash as you do with a couple of Irish mates. Think it was early evening time we wandered into (quite possibly the only) Irish bar. We were the only ones there so pulled up three high stools at the bar and had chat a good laugh with the Bar Man (from Kansas).

Few beers later and while trying to read the 1916 Proclamation on the back of the bar (big mirror) I spotted a guy in full clown gear behind us throwing darts and supping a pint. Rightly assumed I was four winds, etc and nudged one of the mates who turned around with a 'WTF' to which Mr Clown, in a deep, deep Kerry accent asks us 'hows it cuttin lads?' at which point more beer was ordered and the rest of the night it a blur.....

Back in the last century??

Arsehole!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

A junkie attempting to have a **** on the Millennium bridge. On second thoughts sickest maybe more appropriate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

I saw an anorexic woman of about 5ft2 leading a big fat guy about 6ft and 30 stone around the bus station in Rome on a lead and collar he had tied around his neck. It was the middle of July, melting hot and he had a big coat on him. It was like something you would have seen on Eurotrash, very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I seen this really really fat guy in KFC one day. He ordered a family fest meal for himself and the a diet coke and whisper to the woman behind the till. "I wanted the diet coke because, Im on a diet" Like what an outrages clame to make!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Took the cable car up the Rock of Gibraltar last month. There are a load of wild monkeys living up there that wander amongst the tourists. We stopped to take a photos of one (from about 3 metres away) when it suddenly jumped out of the tree and latched onto my friend's bag. She dropped the bag and we all ran. The monkey proceded to open the zip, search through her stuff and finally take out the sandwich she'd brought for lunch. It then abandoned the bag at our feet and returned to the tree, unwrapping the tinfoil around the sandwich as it went. Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Apart from that, probably a woman pushing a dog around in a buggy in Belgium last year. Weird doesn't even cover it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

ManMade wrote: »
    Saw and old man driving a micra up the wrong side of a duel carriage way in Cork last week wish I had bought a dash cam.

He was probably from a country where people drive on the right hand side of the road!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

cornbb wrote: »
    I got a Yorkie once and there was a Wispa inside the wrapper. Honest to god. A friend witnessed it and everything. They're not even made by the same company.

I laughed out loud at this :D

I can just hear you saying to your mate.........

"Jaysus, would you look at that! A fu*king Wispa in a Yorkie wrapper!!!!!"

and him going

"Shure they're not even made by the same feckin crowd!!!"

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

A man walking a cat on a lead. It was one of the weirdest/ funniest things I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I saw a guy with no arms and no legs walk in on his stumps to burger king and order a double whopper meal, i then had the misfortune of sitting opposite him as he tried to eat the double whopper using his elbows. Their was mayonnaise all over his face, i felt so bad i had to leave early. I wanted to offer him a hand but i though i would sound like an as*hole.

happypants wrote: »
    A man walking a cat on a lead. It was one of the weirdest/ funniest things I've ever seen.

Is it illegal for me to walk my cat!? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

happypants wrote: »

There is a homeless guy in London who wears a big ginger cat as a scarf. I always wondered what anti fur campaigners would think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

cornbb wrote: »
    I got a Yorkie once and there was a Wispa inside the wrapper. Honest to god. A friend witnessed it and everything. They're not even made by the same company.

That is hands down the funniest thing i have ever read, I laughed for about five mins.

• Advertisement

ladypip wrote: »
    That is hands down the funniest thing i have ever read, I laughed for about five mins.

Glad to see I'm not alone there, I had a great laugh at that:D

Not the weirdest thing I seen but rather concerning. I was helping to gut a mates new house, when we pulled up the carpet in the master bedroom there was a big 5 star pentagon drawn in red paint, it was well done as well.

He still lives there and to be honest his child conceived in that room is a bit of a Rosemary's baby.

Not the weirdest thing I seen but rather concerning. I was helping to gut a mates new house, when we pulled up the carpet in the master bedroom there was a big 5 star pentagon drawn in red paint, it was well done as well.

He still lives there and to be honest his child conceived in that room is a bit of a Rosemary's baby.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Define weird.

I've seen a friend's father shot dead in front of me.
    I've seen a man gamble a large five figure sum and lose it in a matter of seconds.
    I've seen someone attend an academic lecture in full plate armour.
    I've seen a woman offer sex for drugs.
    I've seen Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley cracking up laughing together while their flunkies looked on in disgust.
    I've seen someone who had inserted a padlock through their bell-end.
    I've seen a gorilla's paw used as an ashtray.
    I've seen a six year old with no legs or hands working in the streets of Cairo selling hankies.
    All of these were weird to me in one way or another.

Most of that is tragic, not weird.

Apart from McGuinness and Paisley!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

At Knockanstockan this year I saw some lad having a full blown, deep and meaningful conversation with the box we put our empty cans in.

True story.

What?

A classic devil film by Ronan Polansky (Rosemary's baby)

Meaning in a joking way the child is a bit of a demon.

• Advertisement

I never knew that Polansky fella had Irish in him:D;)

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I never knew that Polansky fella had Irish in him:D;)

LOL
    It's what this paddy would call him Roman what type of good Irish name is that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Was working as a lifeguard at a pool in Dublin a few years back. I thought i saw something moving in my peripheral vision and turned around to see an elephant walking past the window behind me.

Ah right, I read it like 20 times and still couldnt understand it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Weirdest thing youve ever seen...

A black chinese man, what a complete mind fúck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement