Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weirdest thing youve ever seen...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Weirdest thing youve ever seen...

A black chinese man, what a complete mind fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Stupid double posts. What a mind fúck.

The world is doomed at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Heading to the gfs house, years ago. drove around a bend, when in front of me were multitudes of frogs. for about a quarter mile the road was covered in them, thousands upon thousands upon thousands. Was the most surreal thing I've seen (without acid)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Heading to the gfs house, years ago. drove around a bend, when in front of me were multitudes of frogs. for about a quarter mile the road was covered in them, thousands upon thousands upon thousands. Was the most surreal thing I've seen (without acid)
    Does she live near a grassy bog? End of July?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

The road was on a boggy stretch.(I found out after cause we lived on the same stretch) what put it in my head was I was recently using a mini digger and I had to wait for a couple of hundred of them to hop out of my way (end of July, spot on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

I've seen more weirdness in one weekend at Oxegen than I have my whole life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Both of these happened in central park in new york at different times

Saw a guy walking a cat with a piece of string....

Also saw an old black man with a grey beard, balls naked except for a Harry potter hog warts robe on crouched down taking a sh1t in front of a load of people?????.....NYC eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

bgrizzley wrote: »

No she lives there all year round....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Davidth88 wrote: »
    That's up there with the time I was driving to work past Clover Hill Prison , and saw a camel grazing in the field across the road from the prison, again it was a circus , but a serious double take !!

Waiting for the lift in work one morning, half asleep, large coffee in hand, doors swing open and I come face to face with a big smelly camel chewing away and staring at me.

What was probably even weirder was the two minders either side of the camel standing there serious faced, like it was the most normal thing in the world. They just looked right through me when I jumped back about five feet and let out a scream.

Was nearly afraid to mention it to my colleagues coz I seriously thought I was hallucinating with exhaustion or something. Turns out it was in for a circus-themed advertisement some producers were shooting in the Sales department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

happypants wrote: »
    A man walking a cat on a lead. It was one of the weirdest/ funniest things I've ever seen.

I was once visiting Paris , and walking in a park there was a group of people all walking their FERRETS on leads ..... now that was really weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

deccurley wrote: »
    Most of that is tragic, not weird.

Apart from McGuinness and Paisley!

I'd disagree. I'd say all those moments were pretty weird, or at least they seemed that way to me at the time.
    Perhaps you live a more surreal life than I do. More power to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Man down in Longford used to walk around the town with a lizard sitting on his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MaxyJazz

I seen a banshee ...fact !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

A few years ago I saw two scumbags fighting at O'Connell bridge at about 6:00 pm. Nothing weird about that in Dublin these days....except they were midgets! Just surreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

On a Stag in Prague and we were all walking around looking for the next gentleman's club when a guy approached us:

"Hey guys, d'ya wanna see a midget getting ****ed by a monkey?"

How could you say no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian lamontage

i was out in dublin one night and i seen a girl in a wheelchair who had nothing below her bellybutton,no hips no stumps no nothing, i was amazed when she got off the chair and walked on her hands to the upstairs toilet ....freaky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Back when I was a kid I saw this red light in the sky. It was like a setting sun only it was in the East over the sea and about halfway up the sky (if you know what I mean). My whole family stood and watched it for a good five minutes before it slowly shrank and eventually disappeared. It must have been some sort of reflected solar illusion thingummy but it was pretty weird all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw some oulwan out walking 2 lizards on leashes in our local park on a not very sunny day there last summer....

Oh and ended up in a cab before with a drunk taxi driver, we made our excuses and got out, to which he tore off about 200m ahead of us and pulled in on the wrong side of the road and fell asleep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

a frog skipping while asking everyone it met waaaazzzzzzzzz up, I laughed for most of the day and all of the next week, people I met shook my hand and said they would vote for me in the upcoming election,

it was a lucky thing that happened me that day, seeing the little frog skipping away.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I'm concerned at the amount of people on this thread saying "I didnt know if I was halucinating". WTF is that all about? Yiz do know that halucinating is not a common thing, its a fairly worrying and rare thing to happen!?!?!?

newmug wrote: »
    I'm concerned at the amount of people on this thread saying "I didnt know if I was halucinating". WTF is that all about? Yiz do know that halucinating is not a common thing, its a fairly worrying and rare thing to happen!?!?!?

nope, most people who do it don't report it, so it keeps the numbers down, were just reporting it here,

you need to get rid of those rabbit ears they don't suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

jane.f wrote: »
    there was this middle aged man also there getting his pens pierced

Ball points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

newmug wrote: »
    nope, most people who do it don't report it, so it keeps the numbers down, were just reporting it here,

Tis true a lot of people hear voices with-in their lifetimes and don't think anything of them, so never report them.

Kill the poster Kill the poster:confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Saw an old man standing in a skip outside a McDonald's laughing away
    Saw a semi-truck fall over on the highway
    Saw a man get hit by a train
    Waiting for the elevator at work, door opens and there is a man holding hands with a chimp in a nappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

jujibee wrote: »
    Waiting for the elevator at work, door opens and there is a man holding hands with a chimp in a nappy.

Holy sh1t. :(

• Advertisement

I know, the things kids do with their xmas presents is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Yeah, my mom covered my eyes as soon as she realized what had happened so I did not see much but was pretty bloody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Colmustard wrote: »
    Tis true a lot of people hear voices with-in their lifetimes and don't think anything of them, so never report them.

Kill the poster Kill the poster:confused::eek:

Here. I'm tellin yiz. Its not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jane.f

tin79 wrote: »
    Ball points?

Haha no cartridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Elderly man on a racer (bicycle) wearing only shorts and flip-flops cycling on Venice Beach with a three foot parrot sitting on the handlebars. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    A waterfall in my sitting room. Granted I was on mushrooms at the time, but still.

Like sitting proper on a mushroom, like a toadstool? Red with white dots and the like from Snow White style mushroom?
    You have a lovely house.

happypants wrote: »
    A man walking a cat on a lead. It was one of the weirdest/ funniest things I've ever seen.
    Davidth88 wrote: »
    I was once visiting Paris , and walking in a park there was a group of people all walking their FERRETS on leads ..... now that was really weird.
    csi vegas wrote: »
    Cork Citaaay one day: a studenty-looking girl walking a FERRIT on a lead :) and the collar on it was black and studded - he must be in to The Sex Pistols. Must be.

I posted this before I saw your post - I tend to read posts new to old (but I don't listen to music backwards). I even capitalised the FERRET too. Weird, we have much in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Like sitting proper on a mushroom, like a toadstool? Red with white dots and the like from Snow White style mushroom?
    You have a lovely house.

You're confusing Snow White with Alice in Wonderland.

Well actually...I wrote Alice in Wonderland up on my draft but then decided against as using Snow White instead has less lettering and like the rabbit time is of the essence, time and now I must go because I AM LATE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

You have a lovely house.

Weirdest trip movie ever

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian lamontage

Deank wrote: »
    Weirdest trip movie ever

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Took the cable car up the Rock of Gibraltar last month. There are a load of wild monkeys living up there that wander amongst the tourists. We stopped to take a photos of one (from about 3 metres away) when it suddenly jumped out of the tree and latched onto my friend's bag. She dropped the bag and we all ran. The monkey proceded to open the zip, search through her stuff and finally take out the sandwich she'd brought for lunch. It then abandoned the bag at our feet and returned to the tree, unwrapping the tinfoil around the sandwich as it went. Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

She was lucky there was no condoms in that bag because that particular monkey 's a f**ker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Took the cable car up the Rock of Gibraltar last month. There are a load of wild monkeys living up there that wander amongst the tourists. We stopped to take a photos of one (from about 3 metres away) when it suddenly jumped out of the tree and latched onto my friend's bag. She dropped the bag and we all ran. The monkey proceded to open the zip, search through her stuff and finally take out the sandwich she'd brought for lunch. It then abandoned the bag at our feet and returned to the tree, unwrapping the tinfoil around the sandwich as it went. Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

We ya not told not to bring food? They can smell it from a mile away!

Was there a few years ago and some arse thought he'd be grand eating a packet of crisps. Monkey jumped onto his face and tried to take the crisps out of his mouth. Twas funny:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Mad Mary Dunne (aka that looper who used to dance in the middle of O'Connell Street)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__5zMIWCUIvA/TVHiFuUY-1I/AAAAAAAAAXs/iHYq2k0jeh0/s1600/23543_317191272127_712017127_3453854_1879323_n.jpg

also this in Japan

Ice Cream

no that's not Raspberry & Mint flavoured, it's Sweet Potato & Green Tea flavoured.

If thats the weirdest thing you saw in Japan you were doing it wrong :pac:

Green tea icecream is delicious btw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Lucyfur wrote: »
    We ya not told not to bring food? They can smell it from a mile away!

Was there a few years ago and some arse thought he'd be grand eating a packet of crisps. Monkey jumped onto his face and tried to take the crisps out of his mouth. Twas funny:D

We were told not to bring plastic bags (because they associate them with food) and warned not to eat food in front of them - so we didn't do either of those. A lot of tourists had food up there though, there's a cafe and all. This was her (fairly big) shoulder bag that it grabbed, she thought she'd be ok cause it wasn't plastic!

Still, coulda been worse. We were imagining being stuck in Gibraltar if it took her passport!

And what an idiot with the crisps, there are signs everywhere warning you not to eat there!

• Advertisement

Total recall. It was a good film and worth the movie tax, but it made me realise how good Arnie was. I always assumed Arnie is nothing but a ham actor, yes, but a ham actor with talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Was getting dropped home late one night by a friend of mine and just as she was driving into my estate I spotted a young boy standing across the road. I thought it was really weird because it was very late and he was wearing a tshirt (it was winter) and just standing at the side of the road staring into space. I only saw him for two seconds before she turned the corner and she got a glimpse of him too. I remember getting serious heebie jeebies.

I told her to see if he was still there when she was driving out to see if he was ok but when she drove back out of the estate he was nowhere to be seen. Weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Was getting dropped home late one night by a friend of mine and just as she was driving into my estate I spotted a young boy standing across the road. I thought it was really weird because it was very late and he was wearing a tshirt (it was winter) and just standing at the side of the road staring into space. I only saw him for two seconds before she turned the corner and she got a glimpse of him too. I remember getting serious heebie jeebies.

I told her to see if he was still there when she was driving out to see if he was ok but when she drove back out of the estate he was nowhere to be seen. Weird...

Spooooooooky.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

A man walking his goat.
    A ring a clouds around the sun. Perfect circle with the sun shining through.
    Something moving through the sky, it was evening and would of looked like an asteroid or plane on fire, was orange, smokey and moving towards the ground at an angle. No idea what it could of been.

Walking a ferret isnt too odd. They need a lot of exercise but are an uncommon pet so you wouldnt see it much. I dont have one though but have thought about getting a pair of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Used to see this dude the odd time when I lived in Melbourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Weirdest thing youve ever seen...

A black chinese man, what a complete mind fúck.

Haha! Remember going for a meal on holidays in Crete, and the Chinese owners were speaking Greek. Blew my mind it did.

I know they live there, so obviously they would speak the language, but I always think of Chinese people speaking either Chinese or English....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

jujibee wrote: »

That's horrible , I too once saw a woman throw herself in front of a tube train . She lived , I was standing there and an arm appeared between the carrages ( this was before they had the curtain type things between them ) and a voice saying ' help me '.... she was pulled out , all I really remember is she was as white as a sheet. She must have fallen into the gap under the track put there for that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

I know no one will believe me but in 2008 on the way to croke Park to see the all Ireland hurling final I met a chap from Waterford who knew how to get there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

A dog in a raincoat. it was army green and covered the entire dog, fitting it perfectly including it's tail.

• Advertisement

In Madigans a blindmans guide dog. First it was a beautiful dog its coat shimmered but what I thought was great was the dogs discipline, to spite people moving round it, music blaring people dancing in its proximity it just lay on the floor beside the man only moving when told to.

The training they receive is incredible. I was really impressed by the mutt. it looked so content as well. I must give something to that charity.

Advertisement