Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weirdest thing youve ever seen...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Outside the local pub in Dublin a couple of years back a fire truck came up the street nothing unusual about that..but there was about five or six midgets dressed as Santa Elf's hanging out the side of it ringing these little bells..great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

We were told not to bring plastic bags (because they associate them with food) and warned not to eat food in front of them - so we didn't do either of those. A lot of tourists had food up there though, there's a cafe and all. This was her (fairly big) shoulder bag that it grabbed, she thought she'd be ok cause it wasn't plastic!

Still, coulda been worse. We were imagining being stuck in Gibraltar if it took her passport!

And what an idiot with the crisps, there are signs everywhere warning you not to eat there!

He was so bloody arrogant...everyone was cheering on the monkey:D

Our tour guide put peanuts on my head...I have a picture of a monkey sitting on my shoulders, nibbling away :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Sitting in the living room of my MiL in the Netherlands. Of course, there's bike lanes everywhere and lots of different vehicles can use them, like pedal assist bikes and scooters.

I wasn't prepared for the bed trundling past. A disabled man in a 4 poster motorised bed complete with wing and rear view mirrors trundling along the bike lane to the park.

I need to get a photograph of that some time. Even I still can't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I was walking down Benburb street years ago an awful looking old woman in bits and wearing scruffy clothes asked me are you looking for business.

I was thinking jaysus how desperate are the punters around here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

A person from Mongolia with Downs Syndrome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Whats so weird about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Down syndrome originated in Mongolia. That's why they used to call them mongoloids. (I think) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Ive seen things that changes people.

I used to be white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Down syndrome originated in Mongolia. That's why they used to call them mongoloids. (I think) :p
    Wrong.
    They used to call them that because the characteristic facial features are similar to the characteristic look of Mongolian people (apparently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Mental patient from the local respite centre used to walk by my house and have frequent conversations with the pillar.

One day she was showing it something in the newspaper when she got aggitated, slapped the pillar and told it to go fùck itself before storming off.

Her and that pillar never spoke again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Used to work in a piercing place and 'assisted' someone getting their tongue split. I got to hold the bowl to catch the blood. Once its done the two halves of the tongue can move independently of each other.

More recently my baby tried to latch on to our neighbour's dog who had recently had puppies.

gross.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 EoinGoal

Parents forcing their 5-year old kid in McDonalds to eat Chicken McNuggets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Bassfish wrote: »
    Wrong.
    They used to call them that because the characteristic facial features are similar to the characteristic look of Mongolian people (apparently)

Yep, the epicanthic fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

THey are not referred to as mongoloid anymore, that is politically incorrect for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Mental patient from the local respite centre used to walk by my house and have frequent conversations with the pillar.

One day she was showing it something in the newspaper when she got aggitated, slapped the pillar and told it to go fùck itself before storming off.

Her and that pillar never spoke again.

If you are ever in Chicago and want similar entertainment you should ride the Red Line.

I once was on the train and heard a couple fighting. The man was very angry and was accusing the woman of cheating on him. She was then shouting that if he was a better lover she would not need to cheat. I could not see them due to the crowds (it was rush hour) but as the people around them slowly backed away from the impending fight I could see them.

The couple was just one man having a fight with himself and his "girlfriend" was him shouting in a rather amazing falsetto. Gotta love public transit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

jujibee wrote: »
    If you are ever in Chicago and want similar entertainment you should ride the Red Line.

I once was on the train and heard a couple fighting. The man was very angry and was accusing the woman of cheating on him. She was then shouting that if he was a better lover she would not need to cheat. I could not see them due to the crowds (it was rush hour) but as the people around them slowly backed away from the impending fight I could see them.

The couple was just one man having a fight with himself and his "girlfriend" was him shouting in a rather amazing falsetto. Gotta love public transit :)

I'm pretty sure I was in a carriage with that guy on the Blue Line last month! Talked to himself in a male and female voice the whole way from The Loop to Cumberland and got off elbowing the ''person'' beside him. Chicago crazies > New York crazies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I thought of another one. Rented a car and went driving though a national park in South africa when we turn a courner and have to break as theres a baboon (or some big monkey anyhow) sitting in the centre of the road. At first hes just sitting there then, while staring at us he proceeds to spend the next five minutes jerking off. After hes done he gets up and strolls off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

people going through rubbish bins is as weird as it gets IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Hmm one latest weird thing, a patient with Alzheimer's pointing at her reflection in the mirror saying to me ' I can't go toilet cos that person is looking at me' . Not knowing her own reflection kinda gives you some idea how bad things can get!

One male patient with only half a skull and no eyes!

Saw a tailbone through the wound of one patient a few weeks ago. That really made me off my food for the day.

On my way to work the other day was surprised to see the fluff ball in the car in front of me was a cat and not your typical dog.

Was being shown around a small hotel by my then new boss. And went into the little office and saw in the video surveillance a massive orb following us. Sent shivers right through me.

Lived in an apartment where I saw my one and only ghost. It freaked me the **** out and I locked myself in my bedroom until my flatmate came home. He was at the door to the kitchen but was looking right at me. My flatmate Then said 'so weird I had a dream there was a little girl at that door'.

I get sleep paralysis now and again and would often see 'shadow' people in my room. I sit up and very slowly lay down again, terrified.

Advertisement