Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first build help please?

Options
  • 26-08-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Before I begin Id like to say I am very new to building so I will say noob things. Im going to be helped when it actually comes to building it so I dont make mistakes. Budget is £500.

Here is what I have so far:

i5 3570K

Asus P8Z77-V LX

Corsair Vengeance PC Memory 8GB 2x4GB DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin 1600MHz CL9 XMP

Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK Builder Series CX430V2 - 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

Asus nVIDIA GeForce GTX 550

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Processor Cooler (RR-212E-16PK-R1)

So looking at that I still need HDD and Im thinking about MAYBE getting a 60 gig intel SSD for OS and applications for added speed.

Still need to sort out wireless adapter.

Still need anything else Im missing.

Will this build need SATA III cables?

Er, all I can think of right now. Oh yeah sound cards? Shouldnt need one should I?

Let see...the clocking of the RAM. I know nothing of this. Will this all work?

Basically I am a super noob so please will this all work and are there better around the same price/cheaper and as good parts I should use instead?

Feel free to tell me its a rubbish setup I expect it probably is.

What I will use if for

rare but heavy gaming sometimes.

Lots of movies

going to HDMI hook it to my 22 odd inch HD TV which has a great picture quality.

Id really appreciate help on this. Really I want to stick around £450 but I cant seem to make it stick..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Where are you buying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Craig1515

building.

parts im going to buy from ebay and amazon. my spec has changed slightly now though with no GPU as tbh that card i listed is crap and the integrated 4000 graphics isnt too bad. i can always add one later when i have more money.

also i changed the board to a gigabyte gaz77x for dual cards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Craig1515 wrote: »
    building.

parts im going to buy from ebay and amazon. my spec has changed slightly now though with no GPU as tbh that card i listed is crap and the integrated 4000 graphics isnt too bad. i can always add one later when i have more money.

also i changed the board to a gigabyte gaz77x for dual cards etc.

Are you living in England? Scan.co.uk might be a better option.

Fluffy's script doesn't seem to be working for me with Scan :(.

Untitled884.png

Anyway, a few things:
    • Overclockable AMD bundle because of budget
    • HD7770 as it's pretty low power and good for the odd game
    • Should be able to OC the CPU some more with the aftermarket cooler
    • Slipped in an SSD there, but remove it if you want to get the build under £450
    • Great PSU in there
    • The case, HDD etc. are all pretty standard

England yeah, thanks dud ill take a look. If I can get stuff cheaper then yay :)

had a look and I can save about £10 so thats not bad :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement