Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant/cafe suggestions for fussy eaters?

Options
  • 26-08-2012 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi i'm taking my oh and her mother to kilkenny city for the next three days to lyrath. Oh's mother is an extremely fussy eater, generally just plain irish food and likes to have a bit of choice. I know lyrath for dinner won't suit her as she wouldn't go near the orriental restaurant, their 'fine dining' restaurant only has about 5 dishes and is quite overpriced and not really to her taste and the bar doesn't do much but would be restaurant prices to her.

Any suggestions for lunch or dinner recommendations for plain irish food with a reasonable bit of choice and decent price in the city?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Langtons have what I'd call "mammy dinners". Also try the "Club House Hotel".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Kytlers do fairly basic food too, roast beef and the likes.

http://www.kytelersinn.com/food-menus.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Definitely Langtons or their sister-pub The Marble City for tasty, if unadventurous, Irish food.

More importantly, what the hell possessed you to bring the Mother in Law on a week end away?! :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Langtons have an extremely extensive menu, main lunch course is a tenner and is highly consistent. They always have your bog standard beef / turkey / chicken dinners etc as well.

What more do you want?!

Advertisement