Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Hi girls!!!

Glad to see we are all doing well!! Still nosing at this page when I get a minute!!!
    Best of luck zizigirl!! Try not to worry too much about size of baby. I was told on my first pregnancy that baby had stopped growing and at 4 weeks early she weighed 5lb 1oz which is small but not for that gestation!! My little boy was 5lb 10oz at 3 weeks early and i was told all along he was a big baby!!! The scans are never 100%!! Relax until d day and get loads of rest. Looking forward to hearing your news xx

Dublin lady!! Hopefully by next weekend you will be holding your little baby in your arms!! Get the pineapple into you next week!!! And lots of rasberry tea!! Ill have everything crossed for you that all goes according to plan. Ill be sending plenty of positive thoughts your way!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

That's great that baby is engaged DL. Hopefully the sweep will get you started! My bump has started dropping in the last few days and I'm really starting to feel baby moving south!! Getting horrible period type pains since last night in my lower abdomin and my back.. My poor fella was getting a bit freaked out thinking he needed to get me to the hospital! We haven't a clue!! Hopefully it's all good signs that things are starting to get ready for the main event.
    Hope everyone else is feeling ok. This day next week is the first of May..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

cant26 wrote: »
    That's great that baby is engaged DL. Hopefully the sweep will get you started! My bump has started dropping in the last few days and I'm really starting to feel baby moving south!! Getting horrible period type pains since last night in my lower abdomin and my back.. My poor fella was getting a bit freaked out thinking he needed to get me to the hospital! We haven't a clue!! Hopefully it's all good signs that things are starting to get ready for the main event.
    Hope everyone else is feeling ok. This day next week is the first of May..

Mama bear - glad to hear all going so well! How's the feeding etc going? Are you starting to feel recovered a bit?

Cant - those pains sound very promising!! They sound very labour ish!! Keep an eye on them and if they become intense get timing them!

Yeah I'm happy the head is engaged - but there's really zero other sign that this will start any time soon! It'll be interesting on Friday to see if my cervix is getting ready.... As in I could be here for just under 3 weeks yet!! I wonder can he even do a sweep if my cervix isn't ready! Well ill find out Friday anyway :)
    He seems pretty concerned about too much pressure on my scar do I think he'll be keen to move things along, ill just take each day as it comes! Open mind and all that! Ill just be delighted if I get my natural birth over a section this time! Altho the pressure is pretty uncomfy and starting to affect my bum not too... So I'm not sure I want 3 weeks if walking like this!!
    I've given it my best effort this week, loads of walking , rasp leaf tea, pineapple, spicy food, sex.... Eating takeaways and having some couple time... There's worse things I could have to do!!
    Not concerned about the sweep cos it's meant to be like a smear but a little longer - I'm usually ok with that kind if pain - as it's only a couple mins!
    How many days left for you now cant?
    How strange - 40 weeks Tom! Exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Hey DL yes and I'm going out of my mind!!! The pressure is just beyond horrendous now. It's in my pelvis and my bum (tmi!!), walking is almost impossible although I'll try go out for a walk after lunch.

I wonder if this means this baby us a little more chilled out in general than my son. He was obviously in a hurry to get out and he's quite demanding in personality. It'll be funny to see!

Hopefully you get your vbac. My mam says that things just happen so quickly on the 2nd or more that you can go from nothing to labour in hours so it's not like your 1st.

I just took to the bed this morning in the hope that relaxing could bring on something so it's time to get up now and try being active. I've a wearning for a McD's which isn't like me so I think I may indulge myself! After that I'm off to buy raspberry leaf tea and pineapple!

Fingers crossed for all of us!!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Mama bear - glad to hear all going so well! How's the feeding etc going? Are you starting to feel recovered a bit?

Cant - those pains sound very promising!! They sound very labour ish!! Keep an eye on them and if they become intense get timing them!

Yeah I'm happy the head is engaged - but there's really zero other sign that this will start any time soon! It'll be interesting on Friday to see if my cervix is getting ready.... As in I could be here for just under 3 weeks yet!! I wonder can he even do a sweep if my cervix isn't ready! Well ill find out Friday anyway :)
    He seems pretty concerned about too much pressure on my scar do I think he'll be keen to move things along, ill just take each day as it comes! Open mind and all that! Ill just be delighted if I get my natural birth over a section this time! Altho the pressure is pretty uncomfy and starting to affect my bum not too... So I'm not sure I want 3 weeks if walking like this!!
    I've given it my best effort this week, loads of walking , rasp leaf tea, pineapple, spicy food, sex.... Eating takeaways and having some couple time... There's worse things I could have to do!!
    Not concerned about the sweep cos it's meant to be like a smear but a little longer - I'm usually ok with that kind if pain - as it's only a couple mins!
    How many days left for you now cant?
    How strange - 40 weeks Tom! Exciting!

Oh how I'd love for this weekend to be the time! Tbh I think my bump has been so high the whole time that id say now its dropping all this movement is what is causing the pain..would be great if it was a sign though, better finish packing the hospital bags! My partners granny died so there is loads of family home from the US and Holland and they are all hoping I go before they go home..no pressure so!! I'm not due for another 18 days..

Hopefully he can do the sweep for you. I've also heard its a bit like a smear which is grand..anything to get things moving! Also very impressed that your still in form for doing the deed!!!! I've given up on sex the last few weeks even though my friend who is a midwife keeps going on about one of the ingredients that's in the inducing gel is also found in sperm!!! Might give it a go so..if I can borrow a crane off someone!!!

HS is it your due date tomorrow? How exciting. Hopefully you won't have much longer to wait!

• Advertisement

Oh how I'd love for this weekend to be the time! Tbh I think my bump has been so high the whole time that id say now its dropping all this movement is what is causing the pain..would be great if it was a sign though, better finish packing the hospital bags! My partners granny died so there is loads of family home from the US and Holland and they are all hoping I go before they go home..no pressure so!! I'm not due for another 18 days..

Hopefully he can do the sweep for you. I've also heard its a bit like a smear which is grand..anything to get things moving! Also very impressed that your still in form for doing the deed!!!! I've given up on sex the last few weeks even though my friend who is a midwife keeps going on about one of the ingredients that's in the inducing gel is also found in sperm!!! Might give it a go so..if I can borrow a crane off someone!!!

HS is it your due date tomorrow? How exciting. Hopefully you won't have much longer to wait!

Sorry to hear about your bereavement :( your prob exhausted from all the visitors!

Sweep did nothing - but didn't hurt - was like a prolonged smear. But totally unfavourable cervix so was a bit of a non event.

Had acupuncture this pm to induce labour..... I'm sceptical !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Hey girls,

Quick update, had baba boy by c section last Monday! 5lb 12oz, small but bigger than they had thought and no issues related to growth reduction! Had grand ideas that I'd have posted last week but it has been a rollercoaster! I've found the recovery from section very good but I'm being careful not to overdo it.

Establishing BF has been very difficult as he is very jaundiced and subsequently sleepy but he's getting there. I havent found the section pain too bad but the pain in the nipples is something else. I keep repeating the mantra of 'this too shall pass'! It's emotionally very hard work also, I was a very hormonal pregnant person but I didn't really put any thought into how I'd be hormonally when baby was here! The tiredness doesn't help and with jaundice I have to wake baby every few hours for feed!

However, I wouldn't change things for the world, its unbelievable how already I can't imagine not knowing him!!!

Hopefully more babies will arrive safe and sound and early for those waiting! I will be trying my best to stay updated!

Huge congrats!!!!!!
    Fantastic news!

Congrats zizigirl!

Thanks DL it was a crazy week alright. Pity about the sweep. Hopefully when you go back on Thursday things will have changed a bit for you.

Great minds..I was at acupuncture this morning! I'm not holding my breath though..I go once a month anyway as a well being treat but today was the first day she would do any of the labour points. She also did one to ripen the cervix. Really annoying though this morning and two weeks ago I started feeling really sick half way through. I was roasting hot and broke out in a cold sweat..I have another appointment this day week so I'm hoping it won't happen again.
    Well what I'm really hoping is that I won't need the appointment but I might aswell face reality!!

Congrats zizigirl!

Thanks DL it was a crazy week alright. Pity about the sweep. Hopefully when you go back on Thursday things will have changed a bit for you.

Great minds..I was at acupuncture this morning! I'm not holding my breath though..I go once a month anyway as a well being treat but today was the first day she would do any of the labour points. She also did one to ripen the cervix. Really annoying though this morning and two weeks ago I started feeling really sick half way through. I was roasting hot and broke out in a cold sweat..I have another appointment this day week so I'm hoping it won't happen again.
    Well what I'm really hoping is that I won't need the appointment but I might aswell face reality!!

I'm feeling nothing after the second go of acupuncture so gonna leave it I think - mostly cos I can't afford to keep going!!!
    Maybe it'll have improved things for thurs!! Hope u don't need ur next appt!!!

• Advertisement

Happy May Day everyone!!!!! When I found out in September that I was pregnant May seemed like a life time away..
    So excited and soooooo ready to meet this baby!!

Best of luck DL. Hopefully your wait is almost over and you'll be meeting your little girl very soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Congrats Zizigirl!!! Hope all is well with you and babs and you are recovering well after the section!!

Happy May to all the other mammys to be!! Looking forward to seeing all your news here xxx

Best of luck DL. Hopefully your wait is almost over and you'll be meeting your little girl very soon!!

Well due date has come and gone and from what the doc said today there's not much hope of a a baby soon :(
    He wants to book me in for a section next Friday which would be term plus 8 but I refused... I don't want a section and ill wait til 12 days over if I can to give the baby a chance at arriving itself. But have to say - finding it all a bit tough on the emotions :( I just want my baby and I've waited my 40 weeks. Another 11 days feels so long. And then for it all to most likely end in a section is upsetting.
    I'm upset he implied It wasn't going to happen naturally at all - how the hell could he know that. Ill wait til 11 days over before I decide that thanks very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hang in there DL, you've come this far you certainly don't need to be pressured into a section. Keep thinking positive that baby will arrive on her own which by 12 days over the odds are seriously in your favour.

I remember the day before I went into labour I forgot about the old wives tales and just gave into what will be will be. Easier said than done but she arrived that night.

You will have your little lady in no time and all this will be a distant memory, wasn't so long ago I was whining about being overdue and little L is already 9 days old!! Mind yourself and put the feet up!

How's everyone doing?

5 days overdue today. Been a bit up & down! It's so tough!
    No signs of movement anyway! Hosp appt Tom - pretty sure ill just be told to come back on mon cos I don't want the section on Friday that he wants me to have! Not a lot I can do anyway - waiting is no fun!
    Can't wait to meet her now - v excited!

Hang in there DL. Not long to go now either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Fingers crossed for you DL. This time next week you ll probably have your little baby in your arms :-)

Hope your appointment goes well today Dublinlady.

I am four days until due date:eek:!! Had strong cramps and lower back ache again on Saturday and Sunday night but obviously nothing came of it.

I had a 39 week scan yesterday. It was great. It was for a research project I was asked to take part in regarding the increase in c sections in first time mothers due to birth weight! I haven't had a scan since the 20 week one and it was basically that again. She went through everything so thoroughly and checked placenta and amniotic fluid! His legs are extremely long, I am 5'11 and my partner is 6'2 so that is not surprising. His estimated weight is over 9lbs already this is due to his length more so than anything else. Going to ask for the sweep tomorrow and this might encourage some movement!

Hope everyone else is getting on good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

This might seem like a silly question, but seeing as a few people are overdue, does that make you less scared about going into labour? i.e. scared about the pain etc

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    This might seem like a silly question, but seeing as a few people are overdue, does that make you less scared about going into labour? i.e. scared about the pain etc

Well I'm not overdue yet,as my due date is Sunday but I'm pretty sure I will be. For me personally I find the closer it gets to due date the calmer I have become.

I found that in the early stages of my pregnancy I had the odd mini meltdown at the thought of being a mum and not being able for it! Then at about 30 weeks I started getting nervous about the birth and the pain. I wouldn't pack my hospital bag for ages as it made it all seem too close! I actually only finished them on Sunday.

Now I am excited and obviously a bit nervous but all I care about is getting the baby here safe and sound! I am a worrier by nature so I know if I let it get the better of me it won't do me any favours.

Also, I thought I was big and uncomfortable at 30/32 weeks, it became a whole lot worse at 37 so while I can't even imagine what the pain of labour is like it will be worth it to be able to turn in bed or bend down (eventually!!)

I'm dying for labour!!!! I'm so uncomfortable now that the thoughts of 12 hrs agony seems grand cos it'll be the end!!! Sooo excited about meeting her now that I'd do it every day fir a month if it meant I got to see what she looks like!!

Appt was fine - kinda what I expected! Ni change - so no labour likely over next couple if days! But I'm 6 days over attempting a VBAC - he's letting me go til tue to see if anything happens - my choice he offered me section on fri! But I've come this far - I may as well give her every opportunity!!!! So on Tuesday morning ill be admitted and assessed - if my cervix has changed at all and looking like so ethi g might happen itself ill be allowed home again - that's 12 days over. If its still totally unfavourable then ill be having a section on tue.

I'm really happy with all of this as I know my baby and body will have been given every chance to do it naturally and worst case scenario ill either have a baby on tue pm or be in labour!!
    Excited!

There's always the chance it'll happen between now and then I suppose!

Can't - that's Great news! Nice tall baba!!

Hope your appointment goes well today Dublinlady.

I am four days until due date:eek:!! Had strong cramps and lower back ache again on Saturday and Sunday night but obviously nothing came of it.

I had a 39 week scan yesterday. It was great. It was for a research project I was asked to take part in regarding the increase in c sections in first time mothers due to birth weight! I haven't had a scan since the 20 week one and it was basically that again. She went through everything so thoroughly and checked placenta and amniotic fluid! His legs are extremely long, I am 5'11 and my partner is 6'2 so that is not surprising. His estimated weight is over 9lbs already this is due to his length more so than anything else. Going to ask for the sweep tomorrow and this might encourage some movement!

Hope everyone else is getting on good!

Good luck with the sweep today! Hope it gets things going for u! My cervix was so closed he couldn't do it! Hope u have more luck!!
    It's meant to work within 48 hrs if its going to so that will be exciting!! :)

Good luck with the sweep today! Hope it gets things going for u! My cervix was so closed he couldn't do it! Hope u have more luck!!
    It's meant to work within 48 hrs if its going to so that will be exciting!! :)

Thanks DL! Sweep was grand. Uncomfortable but I'm sure there is worse pain to come!! Doctor was happy he said my cervix was soft and favorable! Like you said if it works it'll be in the nxt 48hours. He also said they will only let me go 10 days over.

It probably won't work but I'm glad to have had the internal just to know what's going on down there!

How are you feeling?
    I am sure you have done everything at this stage but my acupuncturist keeps telling me to spend as much time on my hands and knees so maybe that's worth a try if you haven't tried already!

Thanks DL! Sweep was grand. Uncomfortable but I'm sure there is worse pain to come!! Doctor was happy he said my cervix was soft and favorable! Like you said if it works it'll be in the nxt 48hours. He also said they will only let me go 10 days over.

It probably won't work but I'm glad to have had the internal just to know what's going on down there!

How are you feeling?
    I am sure you have done everything at this stage but my acupuncturist keeps telling me to spend as much time on my hands and knees so maybe that's worth a try if you haven't tried already!

Oh wow! That's so exciting!!! I totally believed that if I was favourable the sweep would work! At least get things moving a bit!!! Fingers crossed it will for ya! And sure you had pains etc before didn't u so that's prob a sign of a more on time arrival!!! It's funny cos I know (in my heart of hearts!!) that Tuesday will be the day for me as there's just no way it's happening before that - not even a twitch lately and totally posterior hard cervix - I've decided this little madam is just soooo comfy she's doing a sit in protest !
    I did try all fours etc - in fact I tried everything from : rasp leaf tea since 34 weeks, evening primrose oil, squats, walking, sex, liquorice, bouncy ball, acupuncture etc etc - I have totally concluded that absolutely nothing will encourage a baby to come out until they a ready!!!! Other than a section that is!!!! So I've given up the last couple of days and just relaxing etc! It's a relief!!!
    And at least now I know that if its a section - well at 12 days over its in the babies best interest to come out cos my body may not be giving it everything she needs at that stage. So all in all I'm quite happy of late!
    Just walking like John Wayne!! Did not think this baby would be engaged for 4 weeks with no exit!!

These spring babies certainly seem to be a stubborn lot :P

These spring babies certainly seem to be a stubborn lot :P

Totally - I think u were right to jump ship to the April thread when ya had the chance ;)

How your little lady doing? Have you settled into a feeding rhythm? Hope your getting some sleep? Ahhh it makes me remember what's ahead of me!!!!

Oh wow! That's so exciting!!! I totally believed that if I was favourable the sweep would work! At least get things moving a bit!!! Fingers crossed it will for ya! And sure you had pains etc before didn't u so that's prob a sign of a more on time arrival!!! It's funny cos I know (in my heart of hearts!!) that Tuesday will be the day for me as there's just no way it's happening before that - not even a twitch lately and totally posterior hard cervix - I've decided this little madam is just soooo comfy she's doing a sit in protest !
    I did try all fours etc - in fact I tried everything from : rasp leaf tea since 34 weeks, evening primrose oil, squats, walking, sex, liquorice, bouncy ball, acupuncture etc etc - I have totally concluded that absolutely nothing will encourage a baby to come out until they a ready!!!! Other than a section that is!!!! So I've given up the last couple of days and just relaxing etc! It's a relief!!!
    And at least now I know that if its a section - well at 12 days over its in the babies best interest to come out cos my body may not be giving it everything she needs at that stage. So all in all I'm quite happy of late!
    Just walking like John Wayne!! Did not think this baby would be engaged for 4 weeks with no exit!!

You're dead right, these babies call the shots and at least you know you have tried everything, enjoy the relaxing! Obviously I've no previous experience but all you have been doing has been great preparation for when you go, hoping this weekend will be your time!

Nothing happening with me. Was very uncomfortable last night but just think that was the after effects of the sweep. I'm not due until Sunday and tbh I have really relaxed in the last week. I was like a bit of a head case at 36/7 weeks hoping to go early!! I've calmed down a lot and taking it one day at a time. It helps as well that my sleep has started to improve! Just glad things seem to be going in the right direction. Still I could be 10 days over waiting for induction,this baby is totally in control!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Good luck to all the ladies due. I was in the April tread had my lil mam on the 11. Have to say I expected labour to be worse. Think I had 40 weeks too many to think bout it but all said I found pushing him out tiresome but not sore it's gettin dilated that was sore but manageable for me.

The baby's rule the roost when they arrive trust me everything is planned around them and there feeds and I'm never on time anymore. But it's great and time fly's and a routine sorts itself out within a couple weeks

Best of luck in the labour and hope it happens naturally for you all

• Advertisement

Our little lady is doing great. Last night she slept 4 hours in a row!!!!! I couldnt believe it. She had a monster feeding session before sleeping and fed for nearly 2 hours when she woke up but 4hours sleep was such an unexpected gift. Of course I have to be careful that she doesn't go too long either as I have mastitis so I don't want that getting any worse.

My husband is going back to work on Tuesday so that will be the real test as I'll have to pick my son up from crèche and manage both of them.

Best of luck DL, I hope you go any minute now!!

Advertisement