Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Well my due date came and went yesterday. So I am officially overdue! I got so excited on Friday the day after the sweep when (sorry for tmi!) I lost my mucas plug. Loads of cramping and backache but nothing proper! Ah well I knew this would happen. I have gone the other way now. My partner is away tonight and Wednesday night with work. I've known this for months and its unavoidable so now I am hoping to keep the baby in until Thursday!!
    How are you feeling DL? Hope you got the weekend ok.
    Any other May babies arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

cant26 wrote: »
    Well my due date came and went yesterday. So I am officially overdue! I got so excited on Friday the day after the sweep when (sorry for tmi!) I lost my mucas plug. Loads of cramping and backache but nothing proper! Ah well I knew this would happen. I have gone the other way now. My partner is away tonight and Wednesday night with work. I've known this for months and its unavoidable so now I am hoping to keep the baby in until Thursday!!
    How are you feeling DL? Hope you got the weekend ok.
    Any other May babies arrive?

Oh can't - that's so crap he's away! Hopefully the baba will stay put just until Thursday and then come right out!!! The loss of the mucous plug is a great sign!! At 11 days over I'm still waiting on that!! Haha! Unfort I think it's too late for a show!! Section scheduled for Tom pm so just trying to get organised for that!! Have to repack labour bags now with diff clothes etc for me... Don't think the tens machine will cut it ;)
    Daughter has chest infection - was at docs today - typical timing!
    Eugh... Plans ..... Who'd make them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good luck tomorrow DL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Good luck tomorrow DL. Sorry to hear that your little one is sick. Talk about terrible timing. Just focus on the idea that you'll be holding your new daughter this time tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Best of luck tomorrow DL!!! Will be thinking of you!! Cant believe Im nearly 5 weeks over mine!! Imagine this time tomorrow eve you'll be holding your little baby!! Try and get a good night sleep tonight!! (I know easier said than done!!!) esp with a sick little one!! Looking forward to hearing your good news!! X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Good luck tomorrow DL, no one can say you didn't give VBAC your best shot, it ain't over yet though!

Either way looking forward to hearing the good news, enjoy your last night just the three of you :)

dublinlady wrote: »
    Oh can't - that's so crap he's away! Hopefully the baba will stay put just until Thursday and then come right out!!! The loss of the mucous plug is a great sign!! At 11 days over I'm still waiting on that!! Haha! Unfort I think it's too late for a show!! Section scheduled for Tom pm so just trying to get organised for that!! Have to repack labour bags now with diff clothes etc for me... Don't think the tens machine will cut it ;)
    Daughter has chest infection - was at docs today - typical timing!
    Eugh... Plans ..... Who'd make them!!!

Ha that's exactly what I'm hoping for but sure we'll just have to wait and see.i knew he'd be away I think that's why I was hoping to go early!! Ill probably be here waiting for induction on the 22nd. Staying with my mam tonight and I think she's a bit nervous tonight might be the night!
    Ah it really is bad timing,your poor little girl. So it's a section tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. This time tomorrow you will have your little girl in your arms. The very best of luck with it.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thinking of you today Dublinlady - best of luck! :)

Baby girl born this afternoon! It was a section in the end! I'd do it a million times over for her :) weighs 7lbs 11oz!!
    Latching on well at the mo thank god ! Feeding and sleeping! Not looking forward to the spinal meds wearing off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Baby girl born this afternoon! It was a section in the end! I'd do it a million times over for her :) weighs 7lbs 11oz!!
    Latching on well at the mo thank god ! Feeding and sleeping! Not looking forward to the spinal meds wearing off!!

Congrats dl :) so happy for you xx

• Advertisement

Congrats again DL :)

Congrats DL,delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

cant26 wrote: »
    Congrats DL,delighted for you!

Congrats DL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats DL delighted she's arrived safe and sound for you, enjoy her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Congrats DL - I'm sure she was worth the wait. You'll have to tell us if she's really laid back, I've heard late babies can be like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Congrats DL, I'm sure she'll have a mellow effect on everyone in the house!

Wait for all the ohh and ahhs when you bring you other babs into the ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Congratulations DL, hope tonight goes well for you, I hated not being able to get out of bed the first night. I found it much easier once I was able to move around! Mind yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Congrats on your baby girl DL. Hope you both doing well. X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Keith nice to hear a man say that. Not too many do they let on its not a big deal.

Congratulations DL

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Congrats DL on your beautiful new addition. How are you feeling today?? X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Greetings all being a man i have been reading threads here the past few months but have rarely posted to be honest.I was mainly reading it for my wife as she had a tough pregnancy and i wanted to see if other women experienced alot of the side affects my wife did.
    Well there is light at the end of tunnel and my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at midday today.We are so happy and are floating on air at the moment. Weve had a tough few days because they tried to induce her but it wouldnt work so in the end so they had to do a C section for delivery.It was an unbelievable experience and i am feeling somewhat overwhelmed as i type this post.I dont know what im after letting myself in for because changing my babys nappy for the first time today was a bit of an ordeal.Hopefully it will get easier in time.

Sergio wrote: »
    Greetings all being a man i have been reading threads here the past few months but have rarely posted to be honest.I was mainly reading it for my wife as she had a tough pregnancy and i wanted to see if other women experienced alot of the side affects my wife did.
    Well there is light at the end of tunnel and my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at midday today.We are so happy and are floating on air at the moment. Weve had a tough few days because they tried to induce her but it wouldnt work so in the end so they had to do a C section for delivery.It was an unbelievable experience and i am feeling somewhat overwhelmed as i type this post.I dont know what im after letting myself in for because changing my babys nappy for the first time today was a bit of an ordeal.Hopefully it will get easier in time.

Congratulations Sergio. I am sure you will be changing nappies with your eyes closed in no time!!

Sergio wrote: »

Don't worry my husband never changed a nappy before our son arrived. Lets just say he's a pro now and the same with the baths changing clothes and feeding him. He didn't know any of this stuff and within a few days I was happy to leave him to look after our lil boy for a couple hours when s had stuff to do. Don't think too much about it I can tell you it comes natural with your own baby it's different with someone else's

Thanks guys :)
    She's amazing! Was tough couple of days there with the section pain and herself was so hungry and I had no milk, milk is in now and the pains are easing - it's all looking a lot easier!
    As for being laid back as overdue... Well so far definitely not!!! She has more attitude and demands than her sister which I never thought possible!!! It's likely that the crazy one will now seem laid back in comparison!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

My little boy was born a few days ago, after a much easier and more straightforward labour than the first. He's really relaxed so far, and feeding like a pro. Can't believe how gorgeous he is. Definitely all worth it!

Congrats NextSteps!!!!!

NextSteps wrote: »
    My little boy was born a few days ago, after a much easier and more straightforward labour than the first. He's really relaxed so far, and feeding like a pro. Can't believe how gorgeous he is. Definitely all worth it!

Great news!!!
    Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Don't worry my husband never changed a nappy before our son arrived. Lets just say he's a pro now and the same with the baths changing clothes and feeding him. He didn't know any of this stuff and within a few days I was happy to leave him to look after our lil boy for a couple hours when s had stuff to do. Don't think too much about it I can tell you it comes natural with your own baby it's different with someone else's

Thanks for the words of encouragment we brought our beautiful baby home today for the first time and all i can say is so far so good. She's very relaxed and is guzzling the bottles. She is fast asleep next to me as i type this up and Mammy is having a sleep.Long may it last!

P.s the nappy changing and winding etc is much easier now ;)

There's nothin to it just enjoy watching the lil one growing up best feeling ever. My lil lad is smiling now when you talk to him it's amazing the weeks fly

• Advertisement

I'm super late but what the heck! Gave birth to my beautiful boy three weeks ago today. 11 days late and 32 hours of labour! He weighed in at 10.5lbs and almost 60cm. The Moses basket was a waste of money!!!! He's amazing..x

Advertisement