Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Best of luck Morgan2009 x

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭morgan2009

Mamabear29 wrote: »
    Best of luck Morgan2009 x

Thanks mamabear29... exciting times ahead x:p

Fingers crossed. I hated pregnancy the first time around as i was totally unprepared for all the changes it brought!!! Im going to enjoy this time around though!!! Nothing beats that feeling you get when they hand you your baby!!!

I had my little girl in november by csection and when i came home it was miserable outside and i was confined to the indoors for a few weeks. Everytime i looked out the window it was raining, dark or both!!! Im delira this baby will be due in the summer months!! I might be able to get out for a walk around the block at least!!! Ill be having another section due to medical reasons!!! Ill be mentally prepared this time around for the pain afterwards!! Haha!!

X

Mamabear29 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. I hated pregnancy the first time around as i was totally unprepared for all the changes it brought!!! Im going to enjoy this time around though!!! Nothing beats that feeling you get when they hand you your baby!!!

I had my little girl in november by csection and when i came home it was miserable outside and i was confined to the indoors for a few weeks. Everytime i looked out the window it was raining, dark or both!!! Im delira this baby will be due in the summer months!! I might be able to get out for a walk around the block at least!!! Ill be having another section due to medical reasons!!! Ill be mentally prepared this time around for the pain afterwards!! Haha!!

X

i too was totally un prepared for my first really didnt no what to expect and wished my pregnancy over but this time round i am really going to enjoy it, i didnt have a great labour with my little boy was very very long so hopefully it will be easier this time round, and you are dead right nothing beats the feeling you get when you see your baby for the first time its amazing and completly worth it.... x

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feefeefly

Found out on Friday. We had planned to start trying about now ages ago but then changed our minds recently and decided we'd save for another year as we're not in secure jobs. We obviously didn't try very hard to avoid one though. :D We're very happy now, over the initial shock. This is our first. My sis had a baba (cousin due the same week one year later :)) and she had no morning sickness, no nausea, only the expected discomfort and no stretch marks. She even kept up her running even when she could only do a minute at a time before her heart rate alarm went. :pac: I'm hoping it's all in the family!
    I had to tell two mates I was due to run races with and ask them not to blow my cover. I'm going to make up really good times for myself.;) I'll keep jogging but not going to run as I've only been training this summer, probably not that fit. I'll be 12 weeks at the mid-term (I'm a secondary school teacher) and I'll be getting my scan just before Christmas I think (they do it very late in Wexford) so don't know which of them will be a good time to tell the clann. I'll have a bump by Christmas anyway and another sis is a Doc (a "when are you having a baba" nosey, broody on my behalf Doc) so have to be careful to disguise my belly as soon as anything's showing. I swear I'll come home some weekend and she'll say "your uterus looks a bit swollen, are you pregnant?". I think despite my intentions I'll probably reveal it prematurely with all the baba talk that's on in my house and the digs at me to add a second grandkid. :o It's very early days so just taking it every day as it comes for the time being. Will miss my smelly cheeses :(
    So ladies, sounds like the first one is hard to enjoy, any tips to avoid getting a bit miserable?

• Advertisement

Congrats feefeefly!!!
    It happened a bit like that in this house. We had planned to try for another one to have them close in age but then had changed our minds when sleep deprivation got too much!! (9 month old teething at the mo!!) and then it happened, and we are over the moon!!!
    December is quite late for ur first scan. Could you tell your sis to get you an earlier apt?? I know you prob dont want to tell her. Im sure if you contacted the early pregnancy unit in the hosp they might give you an apt??? I contacted the EPU in the rotunda and i got one for thurs week!!! Ill only be 8+6wks then. Im public patient and there was no problem!!
    I know from my first pregnancy i couldnt wait for the scans!!! So theres a possible option for an earlier scan??? Otherwise you could try the ultrasound clinic.ie but you pay for those!!
    Its a very exciting time, aswell as nerve wrecking!!! Listen to ur body and when ur tired take a rest, if ur moody - hide!!! 😜 i will be telling my family at 9 weeks and friends and collegues from 12+ weeks!! But its entirely up to you and what you feel comfortable with!!
    My advice, take the next few weeks before ur news breaks and enjoy your little secret with the hubby, because as soon as everyone finds out you will be inundated with advice and opinions!!!! Haha
    X

Thanks Mamabear29! :D I'm too much of a newbie to be allowed to "thank" posts I think. It is very late, 18-20 weeks so I make that between the 10th and 24th of December. They only seem to send you earlier if you're at risk. I think I'm ok with that but if not I'll fork out the €99 to do it private. Doctors in the family are of no benefit with hospital appointments. Great for saving you the 60 quid you'd be paying to see a Doc to get Rxs for routine meds like contraceptives but I won't be needing them anyway! :) Luckily she considers the €60 to be less "ethical" than the "treating":rolleyes: of family members. ;) She doesn't work in the maternity ward but she'll be great for getting info off once I do get a proper appointment. She'll be delighted when she finds out, can't wait to tell her.
    Thanks for the advice! I'm a bit worried about relaxing as I'm very hyper and addicted to work. Wish first trimester fell in the summer holidays instead of now! I get so much time off that when I am on I put in every hour I can and I actually really enjoy doing it. I usually "crash" in late November/early Dec and March like clockwork! I will obviously be eating properly though and looking after myself so that's going to help this year. But definitely going to have a no work after 8pm policy. (Except for tonight because I've been able to do nothing since finding out bar make this face :eek: )
    Definitely happier getting advice off strangers for the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GaaMad23

Welcome to all the newbies.. I have a doc's app at the end of the week so will hope to know more again then.Im somewhere between 5-7 weeks and have not got much symptoms as of yet. Nausea thats it really. Heres hoping it stays that way,altough i heard been sick is a good sign too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Great hearing about h

Great hearing about how ye are getting on!

I think I jinxed myself saying my nausea wasn't too bad! I'm sick as a dog all afternoon!! Was ok in work all morning but as soon as I ate lunch I regretted it :(
    Stretchy pains going on below as well!

I've decided already it must be a boy cos I wasn't as sick with my girl!!

It's really funny that half of us don't have due dates yet! We are nice and vague on our dates! We booked in for a private scan in 2 weeks when I 'think' I'll be about 8&1/2 weeks and so will hopefully get a date then! I'll prob tell my mum soon after that. Think I'll leave everyone else as long as I can - although I swear I have a swolen belly already - its just bloat but because of the lack of muscle tone from the recent pregnancy I look about 4-5 months gone at the mo :(
    At least everyone will be afraid to ask incase I'm just still fat from other baby! It's good in that way!

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »
    Great hearing about how ye are getting on!

I think I jinxed myself saying my nausea wasn't too bad! I'm sick as a dog all afternoon!! Was ok in work all morning but as soon as I ate lunch I regretted it :(
    Stretchy pains going on below as well!

I've decided already it must be a boy cos I wasn't as sick with my girl!!

It's really funny that half of us don't have due dates yet! We are nice and vague on our dates! We booked in for a private scan in 2 weeks when I 'think' I'll be about 8&1/2 weeks and so will hopefully get a date then! I'll prob tell my mum soon after that. Think I'll leave everyone else as long as I can - although I swear I have a swolen belly already - its just bloat but because of the lack of muscle tone from the recent pregnancy I look about 4-5 months gone at the mo :(
    At least everyone will be afraid to ask incase I'm just still fat from other baby! It's good in that way!

Hi dublin lady i too feel bloated and swollen already and i am paranoid that people are looking at my belly at work lol i am sure its all in my head tho, just dont want anyone to guess it...... roll on another few weeks x:P

Hi dublinlady!!!!

Im glad you have that "bloated" belly too!!! Haha. I swear when i look in the mirror im about 6 months pregnant!!! Happy that i never put away the materniy jeans!!!
    The day i found out i measured my waist and i did it just there and its increased by an inch!!!! At this rate ill have to be rolled into the hosp in 7 months!!
    Ive an early scan next thurs so im looking forward to that!! I know exactly when i got preggers!!! The joys of a baby that doesnt sleep and shift work!!! Haha!! So im 6+4 weeks!!!
    Best of luck to everyone again

X

Someone walked by me in the staff room and said "you're pregnant?" because I was saying "probable" to someone and she misheard. I look forward to telling her she must be psychic one day. My trousers aren't tight so I don't think I'm getting bloated like you two. I've been going to the loo a lot more so I think they've canceled each-other out. Oh says my boob are HUGE and I don't think they are, just feel a bit heavier. I came off the pill two years ago because the hormones in it were making them ginormous. I was a 30G! Can you imagine? 32DD now and working with teenage boys I really would prefer if boobs and belly grew at similar rate. They might feel bad about any perversions then!

When we thought I might be pregnant for the few days when I was late oh was saying about how bad that timing would be and that he really hoped I wasn't. I was concerned he'd be worrying because he's a worrier anyway but I've noticed him silently smiling to himself a lot. :D Even in the car, he always wear a frown driving and now he has this bright-eyed bushy-tailed look on him. It's adorable. I doubt any baba could compete with his cuteness. :pac: (I'm 28 going on 16)

I still haven't made appointment with doc. I feel like I should go to a female GP, can't go to my GP at home because I've moved counties. Does it matter? Two female docs in my town and realised one is the mother of one of my 6th years. And then I was thinking most of the Docs probably have a connection to the school. I know confidentiality at all but does it matter? And will the GP ever need to examine your ....mmmm.... or anything? Because then I'd mind less I suppose. :)

Thanks ladies! And congratulations! xxx

Oh girls, maybe I am getting symptoms, not only does the above post show signs of decreased ability to spell, an individual in my family left his username up and I posted on the last thread he was on saying that I knew who he was with a little winky face....
    Then I had to ask the next person who posted with my quote to delete it and I had to delete my own post because... duh... that individual would see that I'm pregnant.
    That was a close one! It only dawned on me five minutes later.
    How ditsy can you get? :o

feefeefly wrote: »
    Oh girls, maybe I am getting symptoms, not only does the above post show signs of decreased ability to spell, an individual in my family left his username up and I posted on the last thread he was on saying that I knew who he was with a little winky face....
    Then I had to ask the next person who posted with my quote to delete it and I had to delete my own post because... duh... that individual would see that I'm pregnant.
    That was a close one! It only dawned on me five minutes later.
    How ditsy can you get? :o

Haha lucky escape!!!

Don't worry about the doc - they really do have to keep quiet! It's their jobs worth! The entirety of my last pregnancy all the gp did was feel my belly and use a Doppler on it for heartbeat - she never went near my lady bits :) in fact now that I think of it... No one saw it until after the c section when doing catheter!!! By then my dignity was the last thing on my mind - mostly cos of the drugs ;)

I'm back at work a couple of weeks now and ppl keep asking me when we gonna try for number 2 - I know their messing so I can't wait to see their jaws drop when I can actually tell them our news!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one bloated :) its like my belly has totally remembered how to grow outward!! I hate this - it'll just stay looking fat now til about 16-20 weeks! Booo to the tubby belly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Nice to see a few familiar faces here.

Only just pregnant and already having symptoms - moods, mild nausea and dizziness. I went for a very sedate 20 minute swim today and had to sit down for ages afterwards, I was so afraid I would faint. I had forgotten this from my last pregnancy.

Oh yes, and serious forgetfulness and clumsiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

It's so nice reading how all are getting on. The tiredness is unreal. Feckin recked. Now trying to decide public or private in kilkenny. Don't know what to do? Have to see doctor yet too. Would love yo know did anyone go public and take private scans? Might be an option too. Its sooooo much money. Any of ye got any advice .... Would appreciate it ;-)

ladymuck wrote: »
    It's so nice reading how all are getting on. The tiredness is unreal. Feckin recked. Now trying to decide public or private in kilkenny. Don't know what to do? Have to see doctor yet too. Would love yo know did anyone go public and take private scans? Might be an option too. Its sooooo much money. Any of ye got any advice .... Would appreciate it ;-)

I went semiprivate last time and doing same this time. For me private is too expensive! With semi private there's shorter waiting times than public , you get to see same consultant each time (for all of 2 seconds!!) and you have a semi private room - which basically means depending on the hosp etc there's usually no more than 4-6 beds. Public it can be 8 beds, and private is just 1-2. For me tho 2 grand for a smaller room isn't worth it, but it's an individual thing! I don't know what Kilkenny hosp like tho?
    Public is fine too - but with work I couldn't do the long waiting times for appointments .

Congrats next steps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

dublinlady wrote: »
    ladymuck wrote: »

I went semiprivate last time and doing same this time. For me private is too expensive! With semi private there's shorter waiting times than public , you get to see same consultant each time (for all of 2 seconds!!) and you have a semi private room - which basically means depending on the hosp etc there's usually no more than 4-6 beds. Public it can be 8 beds, and private is just 1-2. For me tho 2 grand for a smaller room isn't worth it, but it's an individual thing! I don't know what Kilkenny hosp like tho?
    Public is fine too - but with work I couldn't do the long waiting times for appointments .

Congrats next steps!!

Thanks a mil and massive contrasts to you too. That makes a lot of sence. Well i rang around portoise and kilkenny and they only do private or public!!!! Thinking for same reasons as you of going private. Would be no brainer of i could do semi private bit can't:-( my phone is auto correcting spelling and i don't know how to stop it. Excuse the mad spelliingsssss ... Baby brain and im only 5 weeks. Ha ha.

Well no sickness here just very very sleepy....all the time. I am soooooo hungry too. Just joined slimming world a few weeks ago and am allowed do it while pregnant. I am overweight and need to control my appetite. Never lost all the weight after my first baby born last year.

Contrast to all. Can't wait to hear scans and doc and hospital updates.

Xxxxx babydust to all xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining you! Just found out today I'm due the 6th may very big shock as thought we were finished having babies and I've had no symptoms I'm still in shock! :)

• Advertisement

shawmor wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining you! Just found out today I'm due the 6th may very big shock as thought we were finished having babies and I've had no symptoms I'm still in shock! :)
    Hi Shawmor welcome along and congratulations..... i wish the same could be said for me with no symtoms ive got them all lol... hopefully they will pass soon x;)

morgan2009 wrote: »
    Hi Shawmor welcome along and congratulations..... i wish the same could be said for me with no symtoms ive got them all lol... hopefully they will pass soon x;)

I spoke way too soon from about 6pm nausea is here big time!! Hope I don't have it for ages!

I spoke way too soon from about 6pm nausea is here big time!! Hope I don't have it for ages!

It will all be worth it in the end hun
    it just seemslike a long way off but we will get there EVENTUALLY :p x

Yeah loadsa ppl for May now :)

I swear tonight my belly looks 5 months pregnant... I'm only 7 ish weeks I think... Ppl at work starting to look.. God 2nd pregnancy is a diff ball game! I'll have to work hard to hide it for another month!!

I'm the same with the 'morning' sickness - actually just nauseous any time I'm hungry!!! Have to eat lots.... Hmm mite explain belly... Haha!!

Anybody else suffering from headaches all day? Add nausea into the mix...... What fun I'm having! :)

Anybody else suffering from headaches all day? Add nausea into the mix...... What fun I'm having! :)

I have had nausea from friday evening and just feel so so drained and have no energy:mad:...went in to boots today to see if i could get anything and the girl reccomended travel sickness bands??????? i think they could be working but then maybe thats just wishful thinking lol..... ill let use no how i get on with them. x

I have had nausea from friday evening and just feel so so drained and have no energy:mad:...went in to boots today to see if i could get anything and the girl reccomended travel sickness bands??????? i think they could be working but then maybe thats just wishful thinking lol..... ill let use no how i get on with them. x[/Quote]

I'm wearing some now!! Haven't done anything for me so far :( thoughts of feeling like this mixed with work tomorrow! Hope they do something for you! :) x

Ok so the mood swings just got worse!!! Im so exhausted today and trying to catch a few zzzz's when my baby girl does (which is not often enough!!!) and was just falling into a lovely sleep on the sofa when my OH rang!!! I took the head off him, which in turn woke my lo and now im an emotional wreck!!! ;-(
    Cant wait for him to come home from work to apologise and head to bed!!!!
    X

Eugh... Totally shattered today! Didn't sleep well last night and in awful humour today now! Feel sick all the time.

Still only 1 more week until my private scan! So excited about that - cant wait to get real due date and actually know for sure how many weeks I am! I know it's between 7-8 so hopefully next week they'll tell me more 9 than 8!! I'd love to skip a week...!!!

Hope u all ok.
    I did heat those travel sickness bands work!!!

I also am all over the place with moods - like a pure nutter!!!

• Advertisement

Feel like I'm drugged today - totally drowsy and exhausted.... The irony of not being able to use coffee in large amts is cruel!

Advertisement