Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

dublinlady wrote: »
    Feel like I'm drugged today - totally drowsy and exhausted.... The irony of not being able to use coffee in large amts is cruel!
    Hi there dublinlady totally feeling url pain. Shattered. Ps did you have your scan. Im having first one at 8weeks. How much coffee is ok? Im sneaking 2/day! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

ladymuck wrote: »
    Feel like I'm drugged today - totally drowsy and exhausted.... The irony of not being able to use coffee in large amts is cruel!
    Hi there dublinlady totally feeling url pain. Shattered. Ps did you have your scan. Im having first one at 8weeks. How much coffee is ok? Im sneaking 2/day! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Glad to hear its not just me!! ;)
    Scan is on tue! So excited but anxious too!!
    Think I'll be 8 + weeks then , really hope they don't say it's less!!! A due date will be nice tho!!
    Yeah 2 cups is ok! Today I think I need a drip!! Haha! I'd prob only have 2 instant or 1 from a coffee shop as they tend to be much stronger!!

Glad to hear its not just me!! ;)
    Scan is on tue! So excited but anxious too!!
    Think I'll be 8 + weeks then , really hope they don't say it's less!!! A due date will be nice tho!!
    Yeah 2 cups is ok! Today I think I need a drip!! Haha! I'd prob only have 2 instant or 1 from a coffee shop as they tend to be much stronger!!

Thanks dublinlady that's what i was thinking too. Had my 2 instant at work already. Had my first doctor visit today to confirm. My dates were correct he said. I think the test he uses is darker the further on you are. I can't wait for scan at 8 weeks...I've 2 weeks wait yet. I seen you had a scan coming up. The very best of luck. Its so exciting. My little lady has just fallen asleep and now i can't sleep im too tired boooooo hooooo:-) bring on 12 weeks. Felt much better last time after 12 weeks. Enjoy tuesday.

Id sleep in a ditch. Up since 6 and in work now. What i would give to go back to my bed. Whine whine whine. ..........;-) sorry can't explain to anyone else but ye fab May ladies. Im sure work mates think im hangover or something. He he!

Id sleep in a ditch. Up since 6 and in work now. What i would give to go back to my bed. Whine whine whine. ..........;-) sorry can't explain to anyone else but ye fab May ladies. Im sure work mates think im hangover or something. He he!

Oh rant away - its like u just want to explain to ppl that ur not crazy ur just pregnant!!!! I cannot wait to tell my work ppl!! They are gonna die laughing cos I'm only back from maternity leave!!
    Have the scan Tom... V v nervous -pls god let all be ok. I still remember vividly how I felt after getting bad news b4 and I'm really not sure I could handle it... No reason to be negative tho so I'll have to change my attitude for the next 14 hrs until I know for sure!!! So excited about getting a due date!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sickness back with a bang today. I was on holidays for the last two weeks and apart from odd moments I generally felt great. I was totally relaxed and having afternoon naps etc and the difference was amazing. Back to getting up at 6am today and I feel horrible again. Although I tell myself it's a good sign. My boobs are sensitive today so that's another good sign even if it means I'll soon be wearing horrible maternity bras again!

I have my first hospital app next Monday and a dating scan next thurs. I'm excited and nervous!

I haven't put on weight, in fact I think I've lost a couple of pounds but the tummy has changed shape already. My mam will have me sussed next weekend if the boobs are bigger and I've a belly. She's got a beady eye for these things!

Oh rant away - its like u just want to explain to ppl that ur not crazy ur just pregnant!!!! I cannot wait to tell my work ppl!! They are gonna die laughing cos I'm only back from maternity leave!!
    Have the scan Tom... V v nervous -pls god let all be ok. I still remember vividly how I felt after getting bad news b4 and I'm really not sure I could handle it... No reason to be negative tho so I'll have to change my attitude for the next 14 hrs until I know for sure!!! So excited about getting a due date!!!!!!
    Oh how exciting Dublinlady. Im sending you seriously massive humungus positive vibes. We have to learn to live in the moment and enjoy thsee moments second by second. I totally get nervousness if you've had bad news before. This is a new journey and deserves your happiness. It will be so nice to hear and see your jellybean. What if there's 2... He he he. Let us know how you get on. What if there's 3. Ha ha. Ps just thinking about drinking the fluid and not peeing till after scan....i have forgotten so much. It used to kill me. I used to have to leg it to loo after. Concentrate on the positive. Best of luck. Xxxxxxxxxx ;-)

Def just one baby!!!!
    8w 5 days :)
    Due 2nd may!! Couldn't be more relieved or happier!!!!
    Thank god for early scans!!

Sickness back with a bang today. I was on holidays for the last two weeks and apart from odd moments I generally felt great. I was totally relaxed and having afternoon naps etc and the difference was amazing. Back to getting up at 6am today and I feel horrible again. Although I tell myself it's a good sign. My boobs are sensitive today so that's another good sign even if it means I'll soon be wearing horrible maternity bras again!

I have my first hospital app next Monday and a dating scan next thurs. I'm excited and nervous!

I haven't put on weight, in fact I think I've lost a couple of pounds but the tummy has changed shape already. My mam will have me sussed next weekend if the boobs are bigger and I've a belly. She's got a beady eye for these things!

Welcome back! Glad ya had a good break!!
    How many weeks are u now? It's so lovely having the scan - such s big relief! But like u I have plenty of tiredness etc to remind me!! Do you feel much diff this time to last time?
    My scales has decided to break down - good timing I think!!! But I've def put on weight - a fair bit I think! And my belly is so fat already! It's mortifying cos I'm just back at work and I can see the girls looking and are prob thinking I should really do sonething about the old baby weight! Can't wait to tell then it's new baby weight!!!

Seeing my parents this weekend and not sure whether to tell them or not! I won't see them in person for a good but after so maybe I should!
    What have u girls done - told anyone?
    At the mo it's just myself and himself that know!

Hey DL, congrats on the scan! It's so fantastic to know everything is well. I think I'm 8 +6 so pretty much the same as you.

Yes I feel different this time. The sickness etc has been constant since 4 weeks but not as extreme. I'm really suprised that I'm not bigger tbh. I really thought if put on weight on hols.

I'm back to starving all the time now so I reckon I'll start putting on the pounds soon.

If I were you I'd tell your folks especially because you've had your scan. I'm going to have the nuchal test because of my age so we'll be waiting for another few weeks before telling anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Well I just got back from the doctors.
    Approx five weeks gone, blood pressure perfect etc.

It's a lot to take in tbh. I wonder how people cope with unplanned pregnancies because I'm going around in a daze!

No sickness. I can't describe it as dizziness but my head kinda goes at times. It's like getting light headed but not really. Not really a great description!
    Seeing as I'm only five weeks I didn't think I'd be peeing as much, anyone else have this early?
    Also my tummy is bloated out, it feels like I'm getting my period but I'm not. Is this normal?
    I didn't think I'd experience these changes at five weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

It's a lot to take in tbh. I wonder how people cope with unplanned pregnancies because I'm going around in a daze!

No sickness. I can't describe it as dizziness but my head kinda goes at times. It's like getting light headed but not really. Not really a great description!
    Seeing as I'm only five weeks I didn't think I'd be peeing as much, anyone else have this early?
    Also my tummy is bloated out, it feels like I'm getting my period but I'm not. Is this normal?

I was the exact same re the light headedness and the bloatedness. The bloat will go down over the coming weeks and the light headedness will be replaced by exhaustion ;) I'm 17 weeks and wondering if the tiredness will ever go!

yellow hen wrote: »

I was the exact same re the light headedness and the bloatedness. The bloat will go down over the coming weeks and the light headedness will be replaced by exhaustion ;) I'm 17 weeks and wondering if the tiredness will ever go!
    I'm surprised by how much I've bloated. I could easily pass as three months pregnant. No sign of it going down yet anyway, if I was at the 12 weeks I wouldn't care because I'd be telling people anyway. But I'm paranoid someone will twig what's going on!
    The tiredness is one thing I'm not lookin forward to. I'm like an anti Christ when I'm tired but sure I suppose it will be good practise for when the bambino arrives :)
    When do I need to decide whether I'm going public or private?
    I'm still undecided. I'll be going for a section so maybe private will be better for peace & quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ha, you sound like me re: being cranky when not getting enough sleep! It's actually ok as in you will sleep fine but you'll end up going to bed much earlier. By 9:30 every night I'm falling asleep on the couch.

Re private and public hospital cover, I had to tell the coombe ASAP. I think the privacy but depends on the hospital you're in. Maybe ask here about a specific hospital and some of the girls might be able to advise based on their own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 linkedin09

Just found out we are having a baby! This is boyfriend here, we are shocked/thrilled/emotional/overjoyed at the whole thing. Est due date May 10th. I can't wait to be a daddy! Now where's that wallet...

linkedin09 wrote: »
    Just found out we are having a baby! This is boyfriend here, we are shocked/thrilled/emotional/overjoyed at the whole thing. Est due date May 10th. I can't wait to be a daddy! Now where's that wallet...

Congrats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GaaMad23

Hi All, i went for a private scan yesterday morning and they couldnt find a baby after numerous attemps so they then did a transvaginal scan and to our relief found the baby. Looks like we are not as far gone as expected. They want us to come back in two weeks time but gave us a due date of May 11th. It makes us 8 week this saturday. What a fright we got for the first five mins.:(

So I'll be six weeks next week.
    Today I feel like absolute crap. I got a great nights sleep but I'm wrecked tired, feeling so dizzy I thought I was going to faint in the shop & I'm not nauseous as such but the thought of food isn't appealing to me.
    Also Ive googled is it possible to show at five/six weeks as my tummy is out a good bit. I know early on bloating can happen but I'm puffed out from under my boobs to the top of my pubic bone. If I suck my tummy in it will come in a bit but nowhere near what it should be. I'm starting to wonder will I get to twelve weeks without someone twigging it.
    I genuinely didn't think I'd have symptoms like this so early.

Sorry to hear ur feeling so crap Stipe socks. I havent vomited once since i got a positive thank god. Most days i feel nauseous so bad that i cud but never had. The tiredness i find the worst. I was never one for sitting around, now i feel i have to. Not sure f you should be showing by now, maybe u cud b bloated but defo the nurse that i was wit wedns morn said you shudnt start showing until after three months as the baby is teeny tiny. I myself have not gained any weight around my stomach area,my skinny jeans are still quiet spacious..

GaaMad23 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear ur feeling so crap Stipe socks. I havent vomited once since i got a positive thank god. Most days i feel nauseous so bad that i cud but never had. The tiredness i find the worst. I was never one for sitting around, now i feel i have to. Not sure f you should be showing by now, maybe u cud b bloated but defo the nurse that i was wit wedns morn said you shudnt start showing until after three months as the baby is teeny tiny. I myself have not gained any weight around my stomach area,my skinny jeans are still quiet spacious..
    I think I hate you now :)
    It's just so weird that my tummy is this sticky outty. Hopefully by next week it will have calmed down a good bit. I haven't put on weight but it certainly feels like I have.
    Like you I'm usually on the go. But I'm finding it hard to get the energy to get up & do things. Again I'm hoping this is just a fleeting thing that won't affect me too much in the long run.

• Advertisement

Yeh it might be just bit opf bloating thats all. You will probably b grand in a few days. Now that you say it i think two weeks ago i felt bloated for a few days but it shifted then. Yeh im finding that the hardest like i never even get to go for a walk now in saying that i wouldnt have the energy.Heres hopin it all goes after the 12 week mark ..Have you booked an early scan?? We have to go bk in two weeks, hopefully we will see alot more then pg.

Didn't book anything yet. I'm not sure if it's something I want at 8 weeks after reading about your experience. I think I'd fall apart if they couldn't find a heartbeat so I might leave it until the 12 weeks. It's a chance I wouldn't be willing to take because the stress & worry alone would finish me I think.
    I was looking forward to getting an early scan done but i think I'd prefer to wait now.
    In saying that ask me tomorrow & my mind could have changed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

Hi ladies,

I have nausea day and night :( not fair!! I can eat so that's good but just feel sick day and night. I'm so tired aswell, I would be quite happy to spend all day every day in bed!! 9 weeks tomorrow hopefully things get better :)

Yuck :( I'm in my 9th wk and I'm having good and bad days and really hoping that I'm coming out of the worst if it now. I had bad heartburn this week for 1st time and had to stop wearing underwire bras.

I find hard boiled sweets, particularly mint ones, great for nausea and heartburn. I'll probably have rotten teeth though!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

Yuck :( I'm in my 9th wk and I'm having good and bad days and really hoping that I'm coming out of the worst if it now. I had bad heartburn this week for 1st time and had to stop wearing underwire bras.

I find hard boiled sweets, particularly mint ones, great for nausea and heartburn. I'll probably have rotten teeth though!

I tried those sickness bands and they didn't work at all. I will give the hard boiled sweets a try, fingers crossed for a bit of relief!!

Think I might try and get an early scan just to see what's going on in there :)

I'm the same - nauseous when I'm full, when I'm hungry... In bed .... All the time!
    I think it's getting worse at the mo! 9 weeks 3 days.?
    Told my folks today - they were shocked but delighted! :) relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 linkedin09

Might be the only boyfriend/husband here but I will stay here until May getting your advice & reading your progress! Hope you all dont mind! OH will hopefully start peering over my shoulder to see how you all are doing.

OH told her folks yesterday the news, well her Dad (Mum already knew). He was a little disappointed only the fact that we are not married, on the other hand my folks were the complete opposite. I'm hoping he will come round a bit.. Times have changed!! We are together 2.5 years, and will be getting married some time after the new arrival.

I can see a little bump!! OH thinks its holiday fat! LOL!

linkedin your oh's dad will come around if not before the birth then as soon as he sees his little grandchild. Hopefully his reaction doesn't put a damper on your excitement. You and your oh are creating your own little family now and you have to do things your way regardless of what other people think.

linkedin your oh's dad will come around if not before the birth then as soon as he sees his little grandchild. Hopefully his reaction doesn't put a damper on your excitement. You and your oh are creating your own little family now and you have to do things your way regardless of what other people think.

Totally agree with this!
    He will be completely smitten once ur little one arrives!! Sometimes men find it hard to adjust to change etc and just takes them a while to get used to the idea! He'll change his tune soon hopefully - excitement is contagious!!

I'm like a big swolen bloated mess now... My belly just sticking out from under my ribs down - considering the baby is prob the size of a grape I can't really blame it on him/her!!! It's like I'm just springing back into preggo shape!! Not good! Just look fat.

On the plus side my little girl has figured out how to clap her handies and it's creating all sort of excitement in our house ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 lynnemc28

Hi Everyone,

Would love to join you all here, first time pregnancy and currently 9 weeks 3 days, due the first week in May.

How is everyone getting on? Is there any newbies out there as terrified as me? Every pain or niggle really unerves me and ive been having some brown discharge sporadically over the last few weeks. I wish i could say im enjoying it more but i cant seem to shake off the fear that something will go wrong. Ive been getting on great but the bleeding started up at the weekend and its stopped me in my tracks a bit. Its not very much and my books all say its normal is just before it was just a slight faint colour and this time it seems quite mucus like, almost like the type you would have when ovulating.

Anyway sorry for the long winded introduction! Will be great to follow each others journey until May
    x

Advertisement