Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

lynnemc28 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Would love to join you all here, first time pregnancy and currently 9 weeks 3 days, due the first week in May.

How is everyone getting on? Is there any newbies out there as terrified as me? Every pain or niggle really unerves me and ive been having some brown discharge sporadically over the last few weeks. I wish i could say im enjoying it more but i cant seem to shake off the fear that something will go wrong. Ive been getting on great but the bleeding started up at the weekend and its stopped me in my tracks a bit. Its not very much and my books all say its normal is just before it was just a slight faint colour and this time it seems quite mucus like, almost like the type you would have when ovulating.

Anyway sorry for the long winded introduction! Will be great to follow each others journey until May
    x
    Hi Lynne,
    I'm a first timer too. Mostly I'm terrified, the odd time I get excited. I'm 6 weeks & have been getting cramps & a dull ache on & off for the past week. No spotting or discharge thank god. According to the doctor my cramps are normal, once it's not severe & constant it's just my body adjusting apparently.
    Did you ring the doctor about the spotting & discharge? It's common enough but maybe give a ring to put your mind at rest.
    I thought I was tired last week, nothing compared to today. I still don't know how I peeled myself off the bed this morning. I was asleep at 10.30 last night but I did have some really bad nightmares so even though I can't remember waking up my sleep must have been disrupted.
    So how are you feeling in general yourself? Any sickness or tiredness?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lynnemc28

Hey!

Great to hear from you and congratulations!! 6 weeks for me was when all the symptoms started!! In regards to cramping i actually flagged it with the doctor because it was constant, it was like the day or two before you normally get your period a constant dull ache. She explained this was completley normal and even to expect a little spotting as everything is moving and expanding for the first time. I found at your stage i was EXHAUSTED!!! I mean feeling sleepy at my desk at 3pm and having to go to bed at 8.30pm because i couldnt function with tiredness. The good news is it passes :), my advice would be to just take the time and relax. I was sort of pressurising myself thinking i shouldnt be sleeping this much, or i need to go out for a walk etc etc but honestly its your bodies way of just trying to make you chill for a little while. From 6-8 weeks i was extremley nauseas, no physical sickness just non stop washing machine stomach! I found in the morning when i woke i was also quite weak and light headed. Thankfully that too has passed, a little bit of nausea now and then which i find ginger is fantastic for, so either ginger tea or ginger beer. Im a little turned off food at the moment, it seems more the actual action of eating that starts to turn me off its very strange! Thats only happened in the last week! I have been suffering very badly with constipation though so i think that has just turned me off the whole eating process completley! I rang the doctor on lunch to ask if i could take a supository, apparantly i can but a gylcercine type not the standard type. The funniest thing thats happened is that i cant eat any chocolate anymore! It tastes so bizarre all i can taste is sweetness no actual chocolate taste! In a way its a good thing it may lead to less weight gain in the long run:)

Forgot to mention because of all the cramping etc and period type pain my doc suggested i go for an early pregnancy scan, we went and it turned out i was a week behind than i thought, at the time i was 6 weeks 4 days as opposed to believing i was 7w4d. I actually had to have a transvaginal scan as the embryo was embedded down so much into the lining, you could still make out a little shadow and obviously you could see the little uterus sack. She turned on the audio then though and we were blown away to hear a very strong heartbeat, it was a lovely feeling made it all very real. Im going back again to have a 12/13 week scan as im going with a midwife led programme in Holles Street and the standard first scan isnt until 18/20 weeks, i just felt id be too excited to wait until then and also for peace of mind just wanted to check everything was ok. Have you decided about your maternity options?

Hey!

Great to hear from you and congratulations!! 6 weeks for me was when all the symptoms started!! In regards to cramping i actually flagged it with the doctor because it was constant, it was like the day or two before you normally get your period a constant dull ache. She explained this was completley normal and even to expect a little spotting as everything is moving and expanding for the first time. I found at your stage i was EXHAUSTED!!! I mean feeling sleepy at my desk at 3pm and having to go to bed at 8.30pm because i couldnt function with tiredness. The good news is it passes :), my advice would be to just take the time and relax. I was sort of pressurising myself thinking i shouldnt be sleeping this much, or i need to go out for a walk etc etc but honestly its your bodies way of just trying to make you chill for a little while. From 6-8 weeks i was extremley nauseas, no physical sickness just non stop washing machine stomach! I found in the morning when i woke i was also quite weak and light headed. Thankfully that too has passed, a little bit of nausea now and then which i find ginger is fantastic for, so either ginger tea or ginger beer. Im a little turned off food at the moment, it seems more the actual action of eating that starts to turn me off its very strange! Thats only happened in the last week! I have been suffering very badly with constipation though so i think that has just turned me off the whole eating process completley! I rang the doctor on lunch to ask if i could take a supository, apparantly i can but a gylcercine type not the standard type. The funniest thing thats happened is that i cant eat any chocolate anymore! It tastes so bizarre all i can taste is sweetness no actual chocolate taste! In a way its a good thing it may lead to less weight gain in the long run:)

Forgot to mention because of all the cramping etc and period type pain my doc suggested i go for an early pregnancy scan, we went and it turned out i was a week behind than i thought, at the time i was 6 weeks 4 days as opposed to believing i was 7w4d. I actually had to have a transvaginal scan as the embryo was embedded down so much into the lining, you could still make out a little shadow and obviously you could see the little uterus sack. She turned on the audio then though and we were blown away to hear a very strong heartbeat, it was a lovely feeling made it all very real. Im going back again to have a 12/13 week scan as im going with a midwife led programme in Holles Street and the standard first scan isnt until 18/20 weeks, i just felt id be too excited to wait until then and also for peace of mind just wanted to check everything was ok. Have you decided about your maternity options?
    Doc didn't suggest an early scan for me.
    He's doing a letter of referral for kk maternity, that was a week ago & I still haven't hear from them. Is that normal or should I expect something in the post or a phone call?
    Still haven't decided whether I will go public or private. I was considering portlaoise but a few people I know who did go there said it was mayhem whereas kk seems calmer & cleaner.
    If I did go with the public option then I'd definately want to go to kk!
    When are you planning on buying buggy, car seat, nursery furniture etc?

No thats probably completley normal dont be worrying, my doctor just suggested i do a private scan to put my mind at ease. She left it up to me to decide whether i wanted to do it and i just did, to be honest i was excited to see it and check everything was ok so i just went ahead with it. Im not planning on doing any of the buggy/furniture stuff until much later, im a bit old fashioned like that i guess i just want to make sure everything goes ok over the next few months. After christmas i might start gathering a few bits and pieces, god there is so much to research and get!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

Congrats and best of luck to you all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

My last pregnancy was my first baby - I started buying stuff after the 21 week 'big scan' . I ordered it then but arranged for delivery at about 35 weeks. That was the wardrobe, cot, change table and travel system! The smaller things I bought in dribs and drabs to make it affordable - had most of it by 34 weeks I think! The shopping is the most fun part! Apart from the money obviously!!

Having some mild cramping today - think its just growing pains! 9wks 5 days now - cant wait til 12-14 although for some reason I'm still not excited about telling ppl.... Think it's cos I'm afraid they'll judge me for having a small age gap...

It's great there's loads of may babies - I live hearing how everyone is doing!

How strange - how u getting on? Did u book a scan? I've nothing now til 22nd nov when I have my first consultant appt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Hey DL I've got my scan on Thursday morning. My OH is coming with me which I'm glad about. I had my first cost to the midwives clinic yesterday and I'd recommend it to any pregnant woman. The hospitals are like Angola compared to the calmness of the clinics.

I haven't really had any stretching pains. I've had frequent heartburn over the last week so I'm constantly sucking on mint sweets.

I don't know why anyone would judge you for having two close together. They may think you're slightly crazy (only joking!) but in the long run you'll be delighted that you did the baby stage all at once.

Oh dublinlady we are a day apart!! Ha ha im 9 weeks 4 days today and similarly to you having some stretching pain this week. Had a little brown spotting on Sunday/Monday which i wont lie unerves the life out of me everytime but thankfully seems to have past and was very insignificant. You cant help but get a little worried everytime though, ive had about 3 seperate spotting cases since the beginning.

What age is your first little one? I wouldnt worry about telling people, people will always be truly happy for you and as long as you and baby are healthy thats all that matters. Are you going public/sp/private? What did you do with your first? Its a hard decision to make actually having no previous experience in the matter. My first appointment with the midwives is October 17th and then we have a private 12 week scan booked in for the 24th just to check all is ok as im concious the first scan with the midwife programme isnt until 18/20 weeks.

@Howstrange what hospital are you going with, is it a midwife lef programme too, im delighted to hear you think so highly of it, ive been hearing nothing but great reviews so im thankful i was able to secure a position in the scheme in Holles street

lynn, I'm with the Coombe and it's the domino scheme which I think is the same as Holles St. Our area wasn't included when I was pregnant on my son so I'm delighted to be included this time around.

The public system is great. I went public the last time too and I wouldn't even consider sp or private now. Everything is free! The wards in the Coombe are small enough, I think 6 beds but I'm really going to get sent home asap if it all goes well.

The spotting would terrify me too. I hope it all goes ok for you from now on. We worry about every little thing especially at this stage.

Hey Lynne!
    Cant believe it - im 10 weeks tomorrow!! double figures!! whoop whoop!!
    Hope the spotting settles down for you - my firend had it almost the whole way through with one of her boys and all was well - stay positive! But it is nice to have a private scan done for reassurance and peace of mind - at 12 weeks your little one will really look like a baby - as opposed to the peanut with paddle arms we went to see a week ago! hehe!
    My little girl is 7 months now - actually 7&1/2...where is the time going!? So she will be 14&1/2 months when this little one arrives! We were trying though so im so happy and excited - i suppose i just think ppl will be laughing as im only just back to work!! But we wanted a narrow age gap and i was just so completely broody - we felt it was just the right thing for us! I think itll be hard for the first 3-4 months but then will be grand once the new baba settles into a routine! I hope he/she is as good as baby Aine!!!
    I went semiprivate last time and am doing the same again this time with the same consultant. I would def go midwife led either - but as i had to have a section lst time due to a breech baby i just felt more comfortable this time going back to the same consultant - as hes a friend of the family! Im hoping and will be fighting for a natural delivery this time, and when i spoke to the midwives they said i would just get a trial of labor and didnt seem too positive - although i think this was just by chance one pessimistiv midwife i got and in general that is not what they are like at all! I'd trust them completely otherwise as they deliver alot more babies than the consultants id imagine and have so much practical and useful advise to offer!
    Im in holles st again this time - i had a very positive experience last time.

• Advertisement

Best of luck in the morning How Strange! :D

So we had the scan and we say our little wriggly baby (can we call it that yet?). There was a good strong heartbeat and it measured at 11 weeks so my edd is now 25th April. I've got a short cycle and I ov very early that month so I wasn't surprised. The same thing hsppened with my son. It's just such a relief to know all is well!

Hope all you ladies are doing well. I think I'll stick to the may thread rather than move to the April one.

Delighted to hear all went well How Strange, did you see much on the scan, identifyable wise like did you get a clear pic of a little baby shape?

@dublinlady wow you will have your hands full but lovely having your two little ones so close in age, god i take my hat off to you with the way i have been feeling i couldnt even imagine having to include looking after a 7 month old too!! There were some evenings i just had to go to bed and not deal with anything ha ha!

Do any of you ladies at this stage kind of worry that you dont feel much? Like now that the sickness is passing i kind of worry is everything ok and if im still pregnant! I know that sounds silly but im always holding my breath for the 12 week scan hoping all will be ok and the baby will be healthy and still thriving. My scan at 6w 4 days showed a very strong heartbeat which surprised me as i thought at that stage a heartbeat may not even be detected so thats a good sign.

Now to the clothing bit! I havent changed shape really i dont think, between weeks 4-7 i inflated, i think i was holding lots of water though, i seem to have gone back to normal now but i am noticing my jeans getting a little uncomfortable, surely its too early for the stretchy pants?:-) then again they look so comfy!! I may do a little 'M' clothes shopping this weekend

Lynn yes the scan was very clear so we saw the head, nose, hands, spine, legs.

I've had to leave the top button open on a few pairs of work trousers this week but I'm wearing loose tops to cover up. I find, just like the last time, that I'm quite swollen by evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Delighted to hear all went well How Strange, did you see much on the scan, identifyable wise like did you get a clear pic of a little baby shape?

@dublinlady wow you will have your hands full but lovely having your two little ones so close in age, god i take my hat off to you with the way i have been feeling i couldnt even imagine having to include looking after a 7 month old too!! There were some evenings i just had to go to bed and not deal with anything ha ha!

Do any of you ladies at this stage kind of worry that you dont feel much? Like now that the sickness is passing i kind of worry is everything ok and if im still pregnant! I know that sounds silly but im always holding my breath for the 12 week scan hoping all will be ok and the baby will be healthy and still thriving. My scan at 6w 4 days showed a very strong heartbeat which surprised me as i thought at that stage a heartbeat may not even be detected so thats a good sign.

Now to the clothing bit! I havent changed shape really i dont think, between weeks 4-7 i inflated, i think i was holding lots of water though, i seem to have gone back to normal now but i am noticing my jeans getting a little uncomfortable, surely its too early for the stretchy pants?:-) then again they look so comfy!! I may do a little 'M' clothes shopping this weekend

I was the same at first, not much sickness or tiredness or anything- I kept forgetting I was preggo!! That will pass soon though! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GuestUser2012

Hi Folks, found out and nearly at week 8. I'm due 18th May 2013.

I found on the 13 of the month, just moved into house number 13 and the baby is due in 2013! I wonder if I'll delivery early on the 13th of May ;)

Hi Folks, found out and nearly at week 8. I'm due 18th May 2013.

I found on the 13 of the month, just moved into house number 13 and the baby is due in 2013! I wonder if I'll delivery early on the 13th of May ;)

Congrats!

And congrats how strange on the scan!!! And even better news for you that you've gained a week!!!!! Nothing better than that!!!! You can have 2 threads :) but yes we keeping u here so u can only visit the Aprils ;)

I just realised now that I didn't feel a bit nauseous today!!? Amazing! Was busy at work but still normally suffer even when distracted - but do t recall feeling it at all today! Hopefully that's the end of it!!

Aine didn't sleep well during her naps at all today so I'm dreading tonight!!

Lucky you DL re the nausea. I feel terrible again this evening. All I could face for my dinner was oven chips and that's a bad sign. Evenings seem to be the worst time of the day for me. I'm fed up with it! Slight moan there!

Lucky you DL re the nausea. I feel terrible again this evening. All I could face for my dinner was oven chips and that's a bad sign. Evenings seem to be the worst time of the day for me. I'm fed up with it! Slight moan there!

Moaning always helps so let it all out! Here's prob the one place no one will mind!!!
    Although I do feel slightly guilty now... I ate oven chips by choice tonight...!! Mmm fish fingers and beans.... Diet of champions ;)

Hopefully it'll ease off for you soon - and hopefully I didn't have just one lucky day!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

I feel your pain!! I'm fine till lunchtime and then I'm sick till I go to bed, which is 8pm these days!!

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »
    Although I do feel slightly guilty now... I ate oven chips by choice tonight...!! Mmm fish fingers and beans.... Diet of champions ;)

Hopefully it'll ease off for you soon - and hopefully I didn't have just one lucky day!! :)
    Oh I love oven chips especially with beans. Yum. I've just eaten them most of this week and the other nights it's mashed potato! At least I've stopped eating crisps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm a Boards member but I need to go anon for now as I'm afraid people in work use this site! And I just needed to join in the thread as I can't keep it inside no longer! I'm about 6 weeks now and due the end of May. The nausea has kicked in but not too much vomiting, and it seems to be not so bad in the morning time but then for the afternoon it's at it's hangovery best. That's how I'd describe it, a bad hangover without the fun. How's everyone else doing? Any good remedies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Hey girls.

Lovely to see everybody's getting along well! Have been lurking since posting in beginning just trying to get through danger zone without actually exploding with the excitement! Haven't had a scan yet but received first booking app today for end Oct, hence allowed myself an evening of pure excitement! I can't wait to hear heartbeat and tell everyone! Only get one scan in OLOL so trying to save the euros for a scan at 22weeks or so!

Very lucky that I haven't really had any sickness or symptoms, just leads to worry about not having symptoms though! Never happy! Anybody run/exercise? I've kept up running and would love to share experiences with others!

Zizigirl welcome and congrats! Well done on keeping up running through the 1st trimester. I was comfortably doing 5k 3-4 times a week before I got pregnant but I'm just wrecked at the moment and really couldn't even think about it. I'm hoping my energy will come back in the next week or two and I plan to get back out there just for a bit of light jogging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Fair play to you for keeping up the running. I've been doing a bit of swimming and cycling, but my energy levels are extremely low and I feel like I might faint if I pushed myself too hard.

So now when I burp I bring up a little bit of sick with it, it comes as far as the top of my throat & goes back down again.
    I'm finding it difficult to poo, it's not unusual to go two or three days without a bowel movement. However I am peeing a good bit.
    My boobs are incredibly sore this week, even just moving around is making them hurt.
    I've had a little break out of spots on my nose & my shoulders of all places. The glow seems to be bypassing me :(
    And I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Anyway enough of my glamorous life, how is everyone getting on?
    Please tell me there's a t least one other person out there in the same boat!

Yes to burping, constipation, spots. Boobs are growing but not sore. Maybe because this is my 2nd.

I eat two slices of brown bread toast every mornin, a bowl of fruit and fibre later and lots of plums and apples. I'd have beans on toast for lunch a couple of days and lentils in stews and dinners. I was so bad for two weeks when on holidays but it's eased now. Big tmi there! Fibrogel is great too as a supplement.

So far today I feel fine but it always hits me in the evening. I was in bed before 9pm last night! It was great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Plus 1 on the constipation and being shattered, however I end up almost always waking between 2:30am and 4am and am unable to go back asleep! Frustrating but could be worse.

Well done with the running - I had just started back after having my girl when found out I was pregnant again. I am afraid to run whilst pregnant / I know this is ridiculous and unwarranted - so I'm just sticking to walking now! Although I'm so fat so u could prob do with doing more!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

Hi all. I have not been on in a while. Hope all de jelly beans are well. I had the winter vomiting bug. So bad and could not take anything. Had my scan today and 9 weeks today. There was a fab heartbeat and jellybean. The peace of mind i felt was unreal. Can't belive it. I am shattered all de time. Well first set of bloods were done too. Hope ye are all keeping well.

Advertisement