Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

How is everyone doing?

I'll be 11 weeks Monday and I'm praying it will be my last week feeling like this!! Nausea/ sickness is all day and night now :( I've no energy, I would be quite happy to lie down all day!! On the plus side baby likes malteasers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm almost afraid to say it but ...... I think my nausea/ickiness may be gone. I felt fine yesterday evening and all day today. Only time will tell I suppose but I'm 12 weeks now so it should be starting to ease off. Still tired and lethargic though. I'm waiting for my energy to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lynnemc28

I'm almost afraid to say it but ...... I think my nausea/ickiness may be gone. I felt fine yesterday evening and all day today. Only time will tell I suppose but I'm 12 weeks now so it should be starting to ease off. Still tired and lethargic though. I'm waiting for my energy to come back.

Hi girls,

Sorry been manic in work and haven't gotten to post in a while. I'm 11 weeks since yesterday, have my first appointment with the midwife on Wednesday so excited for that. Also have my 12week transnuchal scan on the 24th. My nausea has been gone since about 8 weeks which I was surprised about, the odd day where I just mightn't feel the greatest but apart from that ok. I've been feeling tired again though although nothing like the tiredness experienced during that sickness time. Dear god it feels like the life is literally been sucked out of you! How are the bumps looking? I think I'm noticing a roundness but nothing bump like yet is that normal? To be honest because I've had few symptoms over the last week I'm a little worried heading into the 12 eek scan, really hope all will be ok. It's a funny time because you just don't ' feel ' pregnant as such and I'm definitely worrying that something hasn't happened but I'm sure I'm just panicking over nothing! Feeling a lot of pressure in the lower pelvic area, do any of you feel that? Sort of like if you have ever had a kidney infection before? That sort of pressure to go to the toilet, I'm sure it's just everything moving around!! Have you told many people yet? We have told immediate family and a few select friends but once we confirm all is ok with scan will probably tell the relatives and all out friends. Thats exciting as it will fall on our wedding anniversary so I'm sure we will have a few ' you didn't wait long' ha ha

I'm sort of excited to be hitting the end of the first trimester it feels like I've been In it for years let alone months!!

ladymuck wrote: »
    Hi all. I have not been on in a while. Hope all de jelly beans are well. I had the winter vomiting bug. So bad and could not take anything. Had my scan today and 9 weeks today. There was a fab heartbeat and jellybean. The peace of mind i felt was unreal. Can't belive it. I am shattered all de time. Well first set of bloods were done too. Hope ye are all keeping well.

Forgot to say ladymuck you poor thing! That must have been the horrors for you on top of everything else! Did the doctors just monitor you? You didn't have to go on a drip or anything? If say you were delighted to see the strong heartbeat and be reassured all was ok. I got bloods done on Wednesday to check my thyroid I am slightly under active so they need to keep an eye on it, I'm hoping the levels are ok as I have had some symptoms but I'm putting them just down to pregnancy more than anything. I have more bloods this wednesday to co-incide with the 12 week scan they check for downs and other things as part of that scan.

Fingers crossed, glad your feeling better though ðŸ˜႒

We haven't told anyone yet as we're having our nuchal scan and bloods done on tues. We'll tell everyone once we get those out of the way.

I'm so used to thinking about being pregnant that I've almost let it slip out loads of times. This is our 2nd so we don't have that dying to tell everyone that we had the last time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Ladymuck - hope your feeling better! Sounds awful :(

My nausea randomly came back yesterday and this time I'm actually vomiting - before it was just the feeling. Not too bad tho - not all the time - only when around yucky smells!!! Had to bring my daughter into a public changing room today and literally was changing her nappy - puked in the bin and on I went!! Haha!! Poor child didn't even blink!!

Quite swollen last few days and not sure my jeans will fit anymore . Happening alit quicker this time around! Only 12 weeks on thurs - last time I was ok til 15-16! Think ill have no choice but to tell ppl soon. To be honest I'm so tired I can't manage all the excitement so prefer it as a secret at the mo! Told hubby's patents this weekend. Mite tell my siblings during the week. May it by ear! Don't want ppl to guess by the size of me tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Anyone else feeling dizzy a lot?
    It's happening so often now that I'm beginning to wonder should I take a trip into the doctor to get my iron levels checked out.
    Yesterday & today I have been sitting down when I felt dizzy, so it's not like I was just after standing up or was lifting something.
    What do ye think, will I pop in or wing it?
    I really don't want to be running in over every little thing but as this is my first I have nothing to compare it to.

Anyone else feeling dizzy a lot?
    It's happening so often now that I'm beginning to wonder should I take a trip into the doctor to get my iron levels checked out.
    Yesterday & today I have been sitting down when I felt dizzy, so it's not like I was just after standing up or was lifting something.
    What do ye think, will I pop in or wing it?
    I really don't want to be running in over every little thing but as this is my first I have nothing to compare it to.

Light headedness is common in pregnancy - but if in doubt do just check with doc - just incase your blood pressure is off at all. Can't be too careful :)
    It's hard not to worry - doesn't get any easier when they're born! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Hi all.

Havent been on this in ages!!! Between work, baby no 1 and sleeping ive hardly had time for anything else!!!! Hope we are all well and only a few more weeks until we are in the second trimester! Yippeee!!!

I had my booking scan done 3 weeks ago and all ok and visiting my gp every week to listen to the heartbeat!! The hosp reckon i am 14 weeks but im going by my dates as i am 100% sure of the jiggy dates!!!! Haha!!!
    Ive been feeling ok. Apart from the utter exhaustion and nausea, which mysteriosly disappered last week but yesterday came bk with a vengence and now im actually physically sick!!! 😰 I swear ive been feeling the "flutters" the last few days!!! When im in bed and all is quiet i can feel them!!! Maybe its just gas but i like to think its the baby!!!! ðŸ˜
    Telling work tomorrow so hopefully will be put behind a desk by next week!!!
    We told our families 2 weeks ago so everyone is delighted!!! Bit shocked with us having 2 babies so close together!!! My life will be a blur for the next 3 years but it will be so great!!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Hi all.

Havent been on this in ages!!! Between work, baby no 1 and sleeping ive hardly had time for anything else!!!! Hope we are all well and only a few more weeks until we are in the second trimester! Yippeee!!!

I had my booking scan done 3 weeks ago and all ok and visiting my gp every week to listen to the heartbeat!! The hosp reckon i am 14 weeks but im going by my dates as i am 100% sure of the jiggy dates!!!! Haha!!!
    Ive been feeling ok. Apart from the utter exhaustion and nausea, which mysteriosly disappered last week but yesterday came bk with a vengence and now im actually physically sick!!! 😰 I swear ive been feeling the "flutters" the last few days!!! When im in bed and all is quiet i can feel them!!! Maybe its just gas but i like to think its the baby!!!! ðŸ˜
    We told our families 2 weeks ago so everyone is delighted!!! Bit shocked with us having 2 babies so close together!!! My life will be a blur for the next 3 years but it will be so great!!

X

• Advertisement

Mamabear29 wrote: »
    Hi all.

X

Hey! I think I might be feeling flutters now too! Only every few days! Can't pick up heartbeat on Doppler at home yet - think last time it was 13-14 weeks tho and at that was hard to find! 12 weeks 2days now - although wondering about my dates now as you think the hosp got urs wrong from scan?
    I had no period since birth of my last baby in feb this yr so have to rely on the hosp to get it right! Would love to skip ahead a week... Don't think it'll happen tho!!!

Hope your all feeling well!

No real bump growth here - just rounded belly - look a little pregnant in the evenings but mostly just a bit flabbier than normal!!!

Mama bear how old is ur baby no. 1 now?

I think there'll be 14&1:2 months between my two and anyone we've told so far has nearly died of shock!! Only told couple work friends and parents - still to tell my siblings and friends.... Think ill leave it a but longer - don't have the energy to tell ppl yet! Can't deal with all the excitement!

Starting to sink in now tho they its really happening and I'm so chuffed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hi everyone, hope you are all well! Can I join the thread please! Due the very end of May so not sure if I am May or June at this stage...

Went for 8wk scan last week, dates/measurements were on the button! It's pretty strange getting to see what's going on inside. Think I am in a state of shock!

Main problem for me these days is the never ending nausea, it's like an everlasting hangover that just won't quit. Food (preparation and eating) has turned from being the centre of my life to being a chore, nothing appeals (apart from fruity icepops that is). Ate a mouthful of chicken earlier, chewed it but couldn't swallow lol.

Dublinlady sorry but they're not flutters :(. I thought the same since 11 weeks and looked it up and what you're feeling is wind :S

We had our nuchal scan last week and everything was perfect. We saw the baby again and it was moving and kicking and swallowing or yawning (probably yawning if it takes after me!) but it was amazing. We're still waiting on the blood test results but statistically the risks are so low that we just told everyone at the weekend. Anyway I got a little sticky out belly this week so it's quite obvious that in pregnant or putting on weight!

It's funny that there's not as much excitement in general in the 2nd. I can only guess what it's like if you're on your 3rd, 4th etc!

Apart from that the nausea has gone for over a week \0/ I went to a wedding yesterday, drank tonic and stayed up til midnight! Didn't do any dancing though. I don't have the energy for that yet.

Welcome krankykitty!

Dublinlady sorry but they're not flutters :(. I thought the same since 11 weeks and looked it up and what you're feeling is wind :S

We had our nuchal scan last week and everything was perfect. We saw the baby again and it was moving and kicking and swallowing or yawning (probably yawning if it takes after me!) but it was amazing. We're still waiting on the blood test results but statistically the risks are so low that we just told everyone at the weekend. Anyway I got a little sticky out belly this week so it's quite obvious that in pregnant or putting on weight!

It's funny that there's not as much excitement in general in the 2nd. I can only guess what it's like if you're on your 3rd, 4th etc!

Apart from that the nausea has gone for over a week \0/ I went to a wedding yesterday, drank tonic and stayed up til midnight! Didn't do any dancing though. I don't have the energy for that yet.

Krankykitty hope the nausea leaves soon!!

H.s - I'm sure it's the baby now - felt Aine early last time at 15 weeks and even tho only 12&1/2 now it's exactly same as before!

That's brill u told everyone! Big weight off your mind? I hate trying to keep the secret! I mite tell ppl this week - depending on how my belly shaping up!! Still just looking pudgy for now :( that's great u have a little bump :) I love the 2nd trimester size - growing but not uncomfortable!!

I'd Love another scan... Tempted!! But can't afford another private one so will have to wait til end nov when I see the consultant and hope he lets me see the screen! He used to always last time so hopefully he won't be too rushed!

Wow that's interesting dublinlady. I think I felt them around 17 weeks the last time do maybe I'll feel them in a week or two on this one.

Meant to ask ya H.S what's the nuchal scan? Is it like the big one holles st do at 20 wks? Hope the nausea is staying away!

The nuchal scan measures the fold at the back of the baby's neck between 11-13 weeks 6d. The scan can predict the risk of down syndrome. Also you get first trimester tests done to test for Edwards and Patau syndromes which are much much more serious. A baby with either syndrome may be miscarried in the 2nd trimester or if born wouldn't live for very long. I know these are terrible things to have to think about at such an exciting time but the risks increase once you're over 36.

The nuchal only gives risk ratios for these so if you werent happy with the risk results you could have a cvs or amniocentesis done for a more definite result.

I found once you're inside the system, so to speak, all the staff were fantastic but it was very difficult getting accurate information on these tests initially as a public patient.

Thankfully our risk results were great which is a huge relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm semi private in the Coombe and we were never offered this test. Friend is s/p in mount Carmel and she was. Is this a he's decision?

yellow hen I had to ring several times before I actually got to speak to a lovely midwife who explained the whole thing. I'm in the Coombe too. I think (just my personal opinion) that the hospitals don't want to give too much information on these scans, tests etc as they could lead to terminations.

That's my opinion based on the some of the bonkers nonsense I heard from some of the ultrasound dept staff.

Every woman is entitled to have the tests. Different hospitals have different rules about whether they're free for public patients etc. I think the Coombe only started being more open to them very recently. I think it was one of the things the new master introduced.. The Rotunda have been doing them for years.

• Advertisement

That's so interesting How strange, I didn't really know anything about it!! I'd say your so relieved you got great results - such nice peace of mind :)

I'm delighted tonight cos heard this babies heartbeat for first time on the home Doppler we got whilst pregnant with A! It was so amazing as I think neither of us expected for it to pick it up do early! Altho I think it was about 13 weeks last time. So relieved as was just a but worried since the nausea left... Even tho I'm swelling a bit now.
    We got the bebe brand one - was about 50 quid - best money we ever spent! It reassured us so much last time the whole way through of for example the baby was having a quiet day and I hadn't felt kicks when u normally did.
    Anyway I'd def recommend it ESP if u plan on having more than one baby as its a good long term investment. Although I have heard some ppl who hate them so maybe it's just a personal thing!

Wow dublinlady that's fantastic!

Quick question ladies & I need a reply kinda fast!
    I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, just getting the dizziness checked out because I think it's happening more than it should.
    Anyway should I get the flu vaccine when im there?
    I didn't get the flu last year so I'm due to get it this year, I normally get it every second year, strange I know :)
    When I do get it I'm in a bad way & usually get a chest infection out of it.
    So should I get it just in case or will I wait & see what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Quick question ladies & I need a reply kinda fast!
    I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, just getting the dizziness checked out because I think it's happening more than it should.
    Anyway should I get the flu vaccine when im there?
    I didn't get the flu last year so I'm due to get it this year, I normally get it every second year, strange I know :)
    When I do get it I'm in a bad way & usually get a chest infection out of it.
    So should I get it just in case or will I wait & see what happens?
    The doctor will probably offer you the vaccine- mine did. I wasn't over the moon about getting it but I thought if it was for the protection of the baby it was for the best! Hope he can help with the dizzyness!

Rachineire wrote: »
    The doctor will probably offer you the vaccine- mine did. I wasn't over the moon about getting it but I thought if it was for the protection of the baby it was for the best! Hope he can help with the dizzyness!
    So do I. Bit of a weird feeling getting dizzy when sitting down, I got dizzy driving the car during the week so that put the willies up me. Thankfully nothing happened but I got a fright all the same.
    I'd prefer not to get the vaccine so I'd like to hear other people's opinions on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Good luck with the dizziness check Girl in Striped Socks, I have a bit of it but it's mostly when standing up after sitting for a while.

I too would normally steer clear of the vaccine but two different doctors recommended it based on high temperatures that come with flu being be dangerous or potentially fatal to the foetus. I never get the actual flu myself but thought I would rather chance the vaccine rather than being regretful if I got the flu for once and something went wrong. Didn't have any ill effects apart from a sore arm.

About the nuchal translucency test, they offered it in Mount Carmel (well suggested we consider it).

Hope everyone is feeling good.. The nausea was really getting me down the last few days but I've had a good day today, actually felt hungry and enjoyed a lovely tasty bagel! Just killed with the burping/hiccupping/reflux/heartburn whatever it is!

Good luck with the dizziness check Girl in Striped Socks, I have a bit of it but it's mostly when standing up after sitting for a while.

I too would normally steer clear of the vaccine but two different doctors recommended it based on high temperatures that come with flu being be dangerous or potentially fatal to the foetus. I never get the actual flu myself but thought I would rather chance the vaccine rather than being regretful if I got the flu for once and something went wrong. Didn't have any ill effects apart from a sore arm.

About the nuchal translucency test, they offered it in Mount Carmel (well suggested we consider it).

Hope everyone is feeling good.. The nausea was really getting me down the last few days but I've had a good day today, actually felt hungry and enjoyed a lovely tasty bagel! Just killed with the burping/hiccupping/reflux/heartburn whatever it is!
    Yeah the burping/hiccuping/ heartburn etc is annoying alright. As is the urge to puke mid chew of my dinner/ lunch.
    So is the spontaneous farting. I don't think I've ever had as much wind in all my life. It's at the stage where I'm afraid to sneeze/ laugh/ cough without clenching my arse cheeks together in case a sneaky one makes itself audible. I'm fooling no one letting on its on shoe making a noise against the floor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

So is the spontaneous farting. I don't think I've ever had as much wind in all my life. It's at the stage where I'm afraid to sneeze/ laugh/ cough without clenching my arse cheeks together in case a sneaky one makes itself audible. I'm fooling no one letting on its on shoe making a noise against the floor!

Hilarious! I work a lot one to one with Young Adults and I'm the exact same. I had my scan today and at last have seen a real life baba in there, so relieved! It was such an amazing feeling, makes it all so real. Pleased to have been accepted into the MLU, was so worried I wouldn't get it!

Hope you are all doing well. Happy bank holiday weekend friday!:D

Cannot stop myself from eating! Anything and everything and lots of it!!! I'm a savage!! I'm putting on weight now too which is not good cos I know it's food and not baby!!!! Think last time I had only put on one pound by 13 weeks now I've put on 5......!!! Disaster!
    Have a little bump now - bigger in the evenings than mornings but definitely there :)

Although... It's probably the pizza.... ;)

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing well, sorry have not been on the forum recently as I've been snowed under with work. How is everyone getting along? Ive just hit the 13 week mark saturday just past and will be 14 weeks this weekend its finally feeling like the time is going a little quicker! We announced our news to everyone this weekend which was fantastic, nice to finally get the news out in the open and lovely to receive all the love from our friends and family.

I went for the Nuchal test too last week, we went privately through a clinic but my midwife informed me they could have actually organized it FOC! Oh well! Actually quick question, did everyone else's doctor inform them about the combined care scheme? I.E your GP visits are covered by the doctor for the duration of your pregnancy? My doc said absolutely nothing and it was only when i said it to the midwife that i had heard of combined care and did she think i might be eligible, she was shocked and couldn't believe i had been paying for the doctor. Apparantley its a state entitlement, i had to ring my doctor and ask her to place me on it, to which she replied oh yes we can do that for you. i felt like saying oh now you tell me!!! I guess her thinking is it will take her longer to get her money through the scheme so why say anything! Ok rant over but i did think it was a bit cheeky!!

Anyway results of the nuchal were very good so big relief, the scan was hilarious as the baby literally kept tumbling over and over again, we were 40 minutes trying to get it into the right position for measurements! I had had a scan at 6 weeks 4 days and this scan was at 12w 4 days, i couldn't get over the difference in just 6 weeks. Everything was perfectly formed, little arms, legs, a really detailed face ( after a zoomed in view!) it blew me away, i guess i realized then oh my god its a little person I'm carrying. I know that sounds silly but i hadn't really connected with the baby as a little human until then.

Also went for my first appointment with the Midwife scheme in Holles Street, i could not be happier. They are so so lovely, really warm and friendly and it really was like just going in for a chat with your Mam or your friends Mam. Im so happy i was accepted onto the programme i feel very lucky.

Just realized this post is beginning to resemble an essay! So ill finish up! How is everyone else getting along? For second time mums at what week does your bump really start developing? I've nothing too much at moment just roundness. Also anyone any good shop or online tips for maternity wear? Im not having much luck finding anything, Topshop is fab but quite expensive

x

Advertisement