Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2013!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Why does it matter if the baby is breech at this stage? Will it not turn itself or is it more likely to stay breech?
    Hard to believe I'm expecting asking that question but I can't figure it out in my own head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Why does it matter if the baby is breech at this stage? Will it not turn itself or is it more likely to stay breech?
    Hard to believe I'm expecting asking that question but I can't figure it out in my own head!

Only 20% of babies are breech at this stage and it gets less and less to 2 % at 36 weeks. Because my last baby was breech also I have a feeling this one wont turn as I wonder if there's a reason such a uterus shape. The consultant says its impossible to tell.

How strange - yeah - I've heard that helps - ill give it a shot tonight! I'm gonna just alternate between the kitchen chair and the ball. I tried all the spinningbabies.com stuff last time and standing on my hands in the swimming pool! Hopefully something will work but to be honest it's prob better for my mental state if I prepare for the worst - which for me Is a section. Ill see if the doctor will try turn her at 36-37 weeks but otherwise that'll be it. Really wanted a natural birth. And even the thrill of going to my due date... Boo to this! Obviously ill still hope she turns but I won't expect it as I can't deal with the disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

dublinlady wrote: »

Only 20% of babies are breech at this stage and it gets less and less to 2 % at 36 weeks.

Is this true? My minion is breech as of last scan (25 weeks). I'm currently 27 weeks and I know he hasn't turned but I just thought it was normal, didn't realise only 20% were breech at this stage...

Zizigirl wrote: »

Only 20% of babies are breech at this stage and it gets less and less to 2 % at 36 weeks.

Is this true? My minion is breech as of last scan (25 weeks). I'm currently 27 weeks and I know he hasn't turned but I just thought it was normal, didn't realise only 20% were breech at this stage...

At 28 weeks anyway - that's what my doc said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Oh no! I had low lying placenta and was panicking about that for ages, hence we scheduled a scan for 25 weeks so I wouldn't have to wait until 34 weeks to find out! I didn't realise it was only 20% breech at this stage! Ah well, could be worse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Zizigirl wrote: »
    Oh no! I had low lying placenta and was panicking about that for ages, hence we scheduled a scan for 25 weeks so I wouldn't have to wait until 34 weeks to find out! I didn't realise it was only 20% breech at this stage! Ah well, could be worse...

Hi Zizigirl

I had an appointment today and found out babs is breech. Im currently 28 weeks!! I also have a low lying placenta but i am for a section due to health complications. Doc told me today that low lying and breech go hand in hand but not to worry as baby has until 37 weeks to turn (which most do on their own). Because I am for section though they are not overly concerned what way baby is lying but if you are concerned ask the doc. But dont worry. 20% are breech at this stage. As long as baby has turned by 37 weeks (full term) you shouldnt stress.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hi!
    How is everyone getting on? I can't believe I am almost 29 weeks. In the last few days I've started to get uncomfortable at night. The sleepless nights that haunted me in my first trimester seen to be back with a vengeance again in the third :(

I am just wondering if anyone has gotten or is planning to get the whopping cough vaccine? Apparently the optimum time to get it is between 28 and 32 weeks. I have made an appointment with my doctor to get it next week as I've read that the reported cases has increased by 100%. I will be taking a five hour flight when baby is at most 5 weeks so I'm hoping the antibodies passed from me will protect him until he gets immunized.

The thing is I've just googled how safe it is and came across the nhs page in the uk and the comments that people have left regarding the vaccine are not very favorable..
    So now I'm freaked out!!:(. Does anyone have any views on this .or experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm not getting the whooping cough vaccination as I'm not very confident that it's safe. My gp won't administer it as they don't think enough research has been done. Pregnant women are excluded from medical trials and this is the first time it's been recommended for pregnant women.

We go through our entire pregnancies being told to take nothing stronger than paracetemol and now it's recommended to get a vaccination which hasn't been tested.

My gp said the whooping cough season should be almost over by the end of April/beginning of May but if there's still an outbreak I'll get it immediately after birth and pass the immunity via breastfeeding.

I'm more comfortable doing it like this.

However it's a very personal decision so it's up to each woman to decide what's best for her and her baby.

I'm not getting the whooping cough vaccination as I'm not very confident that it's safe. My gp won't administer it as they don't think enough research has been done. Pregnant women are excluded from medical trials and this is the first time it's been recommended for pregnant women.

We go through our entire pregnancies being told to take nothing stronger than paracetemol and now it's recommended to get a vaccination which hasn't been tested.

My gp said the whooping cough season should be almost over by the end of April/beginning of May but if there's still an outbreak I'll get it immediately after birth and pass the immunity via breastfeeding.

I'm more comfortable doing it like this.

However it's a very personal decision so it's up to each woman to decide what's best for her and her baby.

Ok I didn't realise this was the first time it's being recommended to pregnant women. I had an ante natal appointment with the gp today so just enquired then. I was told I'd have to order it in. That kind of set alarm bells off for me! I would've presumed they'd have a stock for all the pregnant patients!! Obviously not!
    I have a week to research it more and your right it's definately a personal choice but being a nervous FTM I thought I'd be doing the right thing! I think I'm just nervous about baby being on a flight so young with no vaccinations.

True. You have to consider all the factors including flying so young and decide what's best for you.

It's a dept of health/hse recommendation that pregnant women get the vaccination but they haven't made funding available to make it free and that's why your gp has to order it in. You'll most likely be charged for it.

• Advertisement

True. You have to consider all the factors including flying so young and decide what's best for you.

It's a dept of health/hse recommendation that pregnant women get the vaccination but they haven't made funding available to make it free and that's why your gp has to order it in. You'll most likely be charged for it.

Oh I've already been charged! Had to pay €30 up front for it to be ordered. Tbh the more I think of it I don't think ill go ahead. I like your idea of getting the vaccine myself and I'll get my partner to get it too so we can't pass it on! Also I didn't realise that whopping cough had a season!

So all in all I need to inform myself a bit better with it all! I'm kind of annoyed with myself that I was so quick to just accept that i should get it just because its been recommended..
    Thanks a mill for your opinion obviously i'll decide what's right for me but its nice to get other people's perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

27 weeks, and I can't believe that I STILL have 3 whole months to go!

NextSteps wrote: »
    27 weeks, and I can't believe that I STILL have 3 whole months to go!

I know :(
    I'm 30 weeks and feel like I should be due now!!! It doesn't help when ppl look at u and ask u if ur due soon.... No... I'm just huge.. Still 2&1/2 months to go....

In one way I'm so ready to have this baby - in every other way I'm not.... I've no Moses basket... No stuff at all...
    Must start thinking about hospital bag soonish... A trip to penny's is in order I think!!

I'm 31 weeks DL and I feel like I'm finally on the downhill stretch. It's great to get to 30 weeks. I'm feeling quite tired this week so its definitely getting harder.

I'm finished in work on 5th April do I'm on the countdown here too. 6 weeks from today \0/ \0/

Nothing done yet. I have to start listening to my GentleBirth CDs and start thinking about hospital bags, get the Moses basket out, get clothes washed etc.

I reminded my husband last night that in 9-10 weeks (hopefully not any longer!) we'll have a baby in our room again.

I'm 31 weeks DL and I feel like I'm finally on the downhill stretch. It's great to get to 30 weeks. I'm feeling quite tired this week so its definitely getting harder.

I'm finished in work on 5th April do I'm on the countdown here too. 6 weeks from today \0/ \0/

Nothing done yet. I have to start listening to my GentleBirth CDs and start thinking about hospital bags, get the Moses basket out, get clothes washed etc.

I reminded my husband last night that in 9-10 weeks (hopefully not any longer!) we'll have a baby in our room again.

Finishing work is a nice thought!! I'm not sure when I'm finishing yet!!

Was gonna whip out my gentle birth cd but think may need to buy the section one... Was at hosp today and this lady is still breech :(
    Consultant says good chance she will turn but when I said my gut instinct is she won't he said gut instinct is often right...?!?! Ah well! Not much I can do about it!
    Trying to get the Webster chiropractor technique done and will try moxibustion - sure its all worth a shot!

I've been feeling pretty exhausted too - it must be a 30 /31 week thing!! Thankfully our 1 yr old is sleeping thru til 6 so no middle of the night awakenings ... Hopefully she'll continue that for the next 9 weeks... Frighteningly he gave me a date of 25th for a section if she stays breech... So less than 9 weeks!!! Really must get organised!

Really don't want a section tho.. Was crying today at the thoughts of it... Probably the hormones..!!

DL hopefully she'll turn. There's still plenty of time. The CDs may help you relax about the prospect of a c section though. It would be my big fear too especially after a natural one last time but if it has to then I'll just have to deal with it. I'd just be afraid of the recovery time after but having that baby safely in your arms is the most important thing. I don't know if this one is head down or transverse. It was head down a couple of weeks ago but I think it wiggles around a lot. I'm getting kicks from all angles. If it has to be a section I'd much prefer it was planned and not an emergency one after going through labour etc.

My blood pressure must've dropped very low today. All of a sudden I felt weak and dizzy and had to go back to bed. It's a reminder to take things easy from now on.

My husband bought a new scales today (thanks!!) and I've put on a stone 10lb. I think thats kind of average but it's a shock to see it on the scales.

Btw the 25th is my due date. Hoping I go early again like the last time but who knows!

DL hopefully she'll turn. There's still plenty of time. The CDs may help you relax about the prospect of a c section though. It would be my big fear too especially after a natural one last time but if it has to then I'll just have to deal with it. I'd just be afraid of the recovery time after but having that baby safely in your arms is the most important thing. I don't know if this one is head down or transverse. It was head down a couple of weeks ago but I think it wiggles around a lot. I'm getting kicks from all angles. If it has to be a section I'd much prefer it was planned and not an emergency one after going through labour etc.

My blood pressure must've dropped very low today. All of a sudden I felt weak and dizzy and had to go back to bed. It's a reminder to take things easy from now on.

My husband bought a new scales today (thanks!!) and I've put on a stone 10lb. I think thats kind of average but it's a shock to see it on the scales.

Btw the 25th is my due date. Hoping I go early again like the last time but who knows!

Yeah your so right - I'm trying to get my head around it and just mentally prepare for another section and if she turns then bonus! As you said it's holding her healthy in the end that's important everything else I can work around! I'm just being selfish really - sections bloody hurt!! Lol
    Standing on the scales.... Eugh!!!! I haven't since last week & had gone up stone & 6 - I'm now heavier than my husband.... Lovely....!!!!

How early did u go last time? It would be great about 37-38 weeks! Although would be v soon!!!!!

Finding the breech position uncomfortable - feet and head all at my ribs is not pleasant and causing serious rib flare! Can't really sit comfortably on couch anymore etc as slouching just hurts! Not very relaxing to sit up straight all the time!! Maybe this is my comeuppance for no morning sickness!!

What's normal BP during preg? Mine seems to be down at 100/60 each time now which I would have thought low?

Edit - just googled it - seems pretty normal in pregnancy - must be what's causing ur dizziness HS! Be sure to try relax and get the feet up!

Way hey!!! My angel turned!!!!!

The VBAC is back on the table :):):)

That's excellent news dublinlady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Delighted for you! Hope mini DL is a trendsetter :)

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Delighted for you! Hope mini DL is a trendsetter :)

Digs - these are the things I tried to turn her - not sure which worked but may be worth a go?
    - stopped wearing any trousers that were in any way tight under my bump , like my maternity jeans , I think they were restricting the space down there!!
    - chiropractor did Webster technique
    - spent most of my spare time on all fours or else sitting in the position described by this woman on a YouTube vid that is called "how to turn a breech. Posterior or transverse baby" - might be a link thru her website http://pregnancyexercise.co.nz/
    - did inversions and breech tilt every nightjars described by spinningbabies.com

Literally it was a full time job and I didn't sit in the couch once in the last ten days or let myself slouch when sitting.
    But I'm not sure if it was any if these things that worked or she may have turned on her own anyway! How many weeks are u now? Hopefully next week you'll get good news!!

It's weird tho since she's turned the pressure is unreal.... I'm actually a lot more uncomfortable!!! I'm not complaining tho!!!!! But it's made a big difference to my walking - definitely waddling now! Tried to run across the road today to avoid being hit by a car I hadn't seen and must have looked so ridiculous!!

All my fingers are crossed for ya digs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Love the tips DL!! Thanks, will try anything now, need to copy your dedication. Am 35 weeks now will be 35 +6 at tues apt so fingers crossed she co-operates! Was full sure she had turned last Friday as I had insane pressure down low, I was convinced she was going to drop out of me haha, woke up on Saturday and pressure complete disappeared and plenty of rib area hiccups so haven't a clue what way she's lying!

Monkey has me awake with heartburn, kicks, jabs, hiccups and general discomfort!! Hence the 2am post :P

How's everyone doing?

Can't believe only 7 weeks to go!

Starting to feel quite uncomfy now! Feeling lots of pressure when walking now as well - a big difference from when the baby was breech!

Have the hospital bags mostly packed - although must put bibs in!! And toiletries for myself! Got new slippers as a treat.... It's the little things!!

How's everyone doing?

Can't believe only 7 weeks to go!

Starting to feel quite uncomfy now! Feeling lots of pressure when walking now as well - a big difference from when the baby was breech!

Have the hospital bags mostly packed - although must put bibs in!! And toiletries for myself! Got new slippers as a treat.... It's the little things!!

Hi Dublinlady!!

Delighted to see that your babs turned!! How you feeling about the VBAC now?? Just after watching One born and would love to be going naturally myself but its not going to happen unfort!! Im just dreading the pain after and the added extra of a toddler!!

I also have the bags 'nearly' packed!! I was told last week that I will prob be having my section in 3 weeks due to my low lying placenta and babs is still breech!! It will bring me up to 36+2 weeks so im not overly concerned. Just wish i had more time!! Lol!!

I'm totally wiped now. I'm just ready to stop work and nest but unfortunately I still have 3 weeks left.

No bag packed, no baby clothes washed. Nothing! And I'm 34 weeks tomorrow.

I must see if I have a copy of my birth plan from last time. I'd pretty much keep it the same this time around.

Mamabear29 wrote: »
    Hi Dublinlady!!

Delighted to see that your babs turned!! How you feeling about the VBAC now?? Just after watching One born and would love to be going naturally myself but its not going to happen unfort!! Im just dreading the pain after and the added extra of a toddler!!

I also have the bags 'nearly' packed!! I was told last week that I will prob be having my section in 3 weeks due to my low lying placenta and babs is still breech!! It will bring me up to 36+2 weeks so im not overly concerned. Just wish i had more time!! Lol!!

3 weeks!! That's soon :):)
    I know what ya mean about the section and having a toddler - that's why I was so eager to avoid it - but even if its a natural birth in the plans he said its still 50:50 that it'll end up a section because my scar is so recent :( but I had almost got my head around a section and a toddle - well I basically decided for a good month after the birth u point blank will just have to get help ! Well that was in my case anyway cos herself ony 13 months now and not walking etc, still very baby like - more so than toddler at the mo! But u will just have to accept all help that's on offer I think!

I'm nervous enough about he VBAC - I don't even care now if it ends up a section after a trial of labor - I just really wanted to go naturally and see how that feels! What ever is best for the baby in the end! I'm both excited and terrified about the element of not knowing when it'll happen etc as I got away completely without that the last time! But the excitement of realising I'm in labor and that the babs is on the way appeals to me! And telling my poor OH!!!

This baby seems to kick an awful lot stronger than my other daughter - although I did have the placenta on the front to cushion the blows with her! It's madness!

How strange - birth plan - for some reason I wasn't u if these were worth while? Do they read them properly and care? If so I must get onto it!!

Just ordered a Moses basket online so at least now I feel like I've somewhere to put the poor baby!!

I thought the same but I gave it to the midwife when I was admitted, she put it at the front of my chart and said that way everyone would read it. Every midwife did read it and respected it as much as they could ad explained why for instance I needed constant fetal monitoring during labour.

I think it helped them know how informed I was and what I expected in terms of labouring, pain relief, after delivery etc.
    I'd definitely recommend having one even if it's just got one or two things in it. Allowing the cord to stop pulsating before clamping or cutting was a big think for me and they totally respected that but perhaps if I hadn't asked they'd have clamped it immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Oh, mention of hospital bags and washing baby clothes is very exciting. Must get started getting organised. I cleared out a drawer for this baby (the first child had an entire room and brand new chest of drawers for himself, but that won't be happening this time!) and am looking forward to getting bits and pieces together and down from the attic. 31 weeks and feeling grand at the moment.

NextSteps wrote: »
    Oh, mention of hospital bags and washing baby clothes is very exciting. Must get started getting organised. I cleared out a drawer for this baby (the first child had an entire room and brand new chest of drawers for himself, but that won't be happening this time!) and am looking forward to getting bits and pieces together and down from the attic. 31 weeks and feeling grand at the moment.

I'm starting to pick up some bits for baby as of this week. We moved house at the weekend so I said I would not get a single thing until we moved. It drove me mad!
    As for the hospital bag I have a bit of a mental block with that.i don't want to even think about it because everytime I do I get absolutely petrified at the thought of the birth..anyone else feel like that? Better cop on because I'm nearly 33weeks and would love to go a week or two early! Hope everyone is well and happy!

• Advertisement

Bags packed... One for theatre and one for the stay!! Crib set up and car seat and pram top wiped down snd ready to go!! My lg is currently using them all for her dollys and also herself!! At 16 months old Im not going to argue too much with her!! Getting nervous now. I just want it all over and everyone safe and well!!
    34 weeks tomorrow!! My belly has stretched 2inches in 10 days!! Funny how these things make you smile when you are pregnant!! Lets hope it shrinks 2inches just as quick afterwards!!! 😜

Advertisement